UPDATED ** Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel $69

BPB

May 31, 2002
EDIT #2: I started this post months ago when the price dropped to $99 at BJ's. Well, I just saw it for $69.90 at BJ's in Johnston, RI.

Full disclosure: I must confess I purchased it when it dropped to $99, and I haven't used it much. For me it hasn't worked as well as my PC wheels. But maybe that's just me. I tried it with Dirt and was very unhappy. Still, others love it, and here it is for under $70.

If you live near a BJ's please note I picked up the Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel for $99.99. Decent deal if you like driving games, and my family really likes driving games. It does contain PGR 3, but that game may be getting a tad old now.

BJ's does not appear to sell it on their website. I'm wondering if this is simply a new price or maybe BJ's is getting rid of them.

EDIT1: I purchased one of these in Franklin, MA over the weekend for $99. But today I went to another BJ's that still had them marked at $129.99. So I can't say all BJ's are doing this. The BJ's I went to today is in RI.

Of course BJ's was selling these for $129.99 when every other place was getting $149.99. So it makes sense that they would lower it to $99.99.

Cabages

Platinum Member
Jan 1, 2006
The price of these wheels dropped last week, due to the release of Foza 2 today (im really excited to play this). New retail price on these are $129.99.

Good deal.

If anyone doesnt have a BJ's near them, Buy.com has them for $106.99 shipped HERE.

Does anyone know if there are drivers for these to use on PC's with force feedback?

BPB

May 31, 2002
Originally posted by: Cabages
Does anyone know if there are drivers for these to use on PC's with force feedback?
My understanding is Xbox 360 accessories should work in Vista with the USB adapter. I'll be testing it one of these days. I purchased the adapter but haven't gotten around to trying it. Actually I bought that and a controller before I got my 360.

VooDooAddict

Golden Member
Jun 4, 2004
So far I've used the wireless headset and wireless controller on both XP SP2 and Vista. This wheel is tempting.

IBUYCHEAP

Jul 26, 2004
Originally posted by: VooDooAddict
So far I've used the wireless headset and wireless controller on both XP SP2 and Vista. This wheel is tempting.

They don't have pc drivers yet but the wheel is sweet on the forza demo. Who is carrying the game today best buy and cc say tommorrow?

Cabages

Platinum Member
Jan 1, 2006
Originally posted by: IBUYCHEAP
Originally posted by: VooDooAddict

They don't have pc drivers yet but the wheel is sweet on the forza demo. Who is carrying the game today best buy and cc say tommorrow?

Wondering this also. I want it today.

I know according to this page that drivers are coming, but I was hopeful that maybe there already were some drivers for it.

monk3yboy

Sep 14, 2005
I picked one fo the wheels up for 129.99 yesterday at my local Gamestop. i then went home to try out the included PGR3 in anticipation of today when they say they will have forza 2 in stock only to get the red ring of death when I turned on my 360. Talk about a buzz kill...

Crucial

Diamond Member
Dec 21, 2000
I keep seeing people saying with google checkout it's $xxx. I was under the impression that Google checkout deals were only for new accounts. Do you all keep creating new accounts?

imported_Builder

Jun 17, 2005
Originally posted by: Cabages
The price of these wheels dropped last week, due to the release of Foza 2 today (im really excited to play this). New retail price on these are $129.99.

Good deal.

If anyone doesnt have a BJ's near them, Buy.com has them for $106.99 shipped HERE.

It's up to $118.99 now at Buy.com, so this appears to be worth the trip to BJ's. A month ago this alone would have cost about what it now will cost me WITH Forza 2. I'm happy.

imported_Builder

Jun 17, 2005
Wow! I never did get Forza 2 or the wheel, but was thinking about the wheel today so I went looking for this post. So glad I did. Thanks. Of course your comments about not being too happy with it have me wondering if it's worth it at any price.

Heinrich

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2001
If you get DIRT you have to search the XBOX and/or DIRT (Codemaster) forums for settings. It does not work at all with the default settings very well, but it is WONDERFUL once you get the right settings.

BPB

May 31, 2002
Originally posted by: Heinrich
If you get DIRT you have to search the XBOX and/or DIRT (Codemaster) forums for settings. It does not work at all with the default settings very well, but it is WONDERFUL once you get the right settings.
Thanks! I'll do that. I must admit I didn't think of that. I pretty much figured that anything Xbox 360 should be plug and play. Go figure...

bigpow

Platinum Member
Dec 10, 2000
and at any case, if that still doesn't work out for you, I'm willing to give it a try... sell it at reasonable price! :)
I've been looking for a used one lately, lots of them on craigslist.org (I guess a lot of owners just gave up after trying to use it for a while)

RagingBITCH

Lifer
Sep 27, 2003
Is it just me, or did anyone else find the fact that BJ's is selling it for $69 at least semi funny? Come on guys! :) At least a smile!