UPDATED: should the government cut funding to NPR and PBS?

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

iskim86

Banned
Jul 6, 2001
www.isaackim.org
in my e-mail inbox today:

As far as we know, this is the most Americans to ever sign a petition in a single week, and it's one of the larger petitions in recent U.S. history?over 1 million people! Yesterday in front of the Capitol dome, we stacked box upon box of your signatures and comments?more than 60,000 pages?as members of Congress and children's advocates spoke in defense of NPR and PBS. PBS children's characters Clifford the Big Red Dog, Maya and Miguel, Leona the Lion, and lots of kids reminded Congress what's at stake.

noice. :beer:

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
I just don't get why people think they should be entitled to advertising-free television on at least one basic channel... I mean, it's not like it's the public's airwaves.

/sarcasm

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Originally posted by: 0roo0roo
prove it. how are shows like sesame street, nova, nature, frontline, scientific american...liberal zealots?

I wasn't speaking about PBS' educational kiddie broadcasts. I'm talking about their pseudo-news shows.

And I still stand behind my comments about NPR.

PatboyX

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Pabster
Originally posted by: 0roo0roo
prove it. how are shows like sesame street, nova, nature, frontline, scientific american...liberal zealots?

I wasn't speaking about PBS' educational kiddie broadcasts. I'm talking about their pseudo-news shows.

And I still stand behind my comments about NPR.

dude just wrote in to the president on npr with comments like yours.
his response was that the persons view "did not corrolate with reality" (i think thats what he said. something like that) he cited a number of studies, polls and research done that suggests things are as close to objective as one can get.

edit:
it should be noted that if funding is cut, the educational kiddie broadcasts and other local programs not, as you call them, the "pseudo-news" shows will suffer.

Shuxclams

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
You know I find it interesting that thr Republikanz get their woman in CPB and all of a sudden their cool with funding..........

CsG what do you have to say about that? It shouldnt be funded? Why its another means of brainwashing whats left of freethinking and moderate people into the fold of the Neo-Con empire.... Woohoo!

SHUX

MicroChrome

Mar 8, 2005
Ya know...

I don't go to church and don't want to...

I say lets cut 1/8 of the $ that the your taxes sepnd on churches and give it to PBS.

Problem Sloved!!!!

;)