*updated* ricing out my car.... ricing out my car... hi ho the derry oh we're ricing out my car~

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

B00ne

Platinum Member
May 21, 2001
Originally posted by: Rallispec
well.. seeing as how i wasn't able to make as much money as planned this summer, my new intake will have to wait until next summer when i can afford it.

So, when you cant actually make your car go faster, i've opted for the next best thing. Making it look faster.

upgrades and mods:

1 silver windshield decal / visor
4 painted calipers (red)
1" x 6" nissan logo for side window

final price ~ about 1/50th the cost of a new CAI.

i'll get pics when they're all installed. what it will look like

hmmm doesnt look fast to me - more like visual tuning without taste ... sry but really, for looks there are nicer things like stainless steel endpipes, nice sounding sports mufflers, big wide low profile tires and rims, seitenschweller, heckschürze (dunno the english words) (diffusor), basically a high quality aerodynamics package for more downforce will do the trick just no rearwing, rearwings look stupid (not always but mostly), carbonfiber interior details, aluminum shiftung knobs and pedals, new sporty instrument gauges ... and so on, but it'll cost

B00ne

Platinum Member
May 21, 2001
Originally posted by: pyonir
So Ralli, when does the 3 foot high 'wing' go on?

prolly the next time he goes on a camping trip - so he doesnt need to bring a table...

Linflas

Lifer
Jan 30, 2001
Originally posted by: pyonir
Originally posted by: Rallispec

1" x 6" nissan logo for side window

I never understood that. I know it is a nissan. why would you want to put a huge sticker on it, telling me what the factory emblems already tell me.

stickers that reiterate what the car is are teh suck.

The people that baffle me are the ones that spend $10.00 extra each year to spell the name of their car on their license plate. Most cars I have seen come from the factory with the name and model spelled out on the rear of the car.

Rallispec

Lifer
Jul 26, 2001
hmmm doesnt look fast to me - more like visual tuning without taste ... sry but really, for looks there are nicer things like stainless steel endpipes, nice sounding sports mufflers, big wide low profile tires and rims, seitenschweller, heckschürze (dunno the english words) (diffusor), basically a high quality aerodynamics package for more downforce will do the trick just no rearwing, rearwings look stupid (not always but mostly), carbonfiber interior details, aluminum shiftung knobs and pedals, new sporty instrument gauges ... and so on, but it'll cost

rolleye.gif

lets see you do all that on a 20 dollar budget.

skace

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
Save the dollar on lame stickers and buy a drink instead. I'm gonna have to show my support for the no sticker crew. They don't make your car look better...

Michael1897

Golden Member
Apr 5, 2002
if i were to want to change my truck into a billboard what steps should i take?

oh yeah and the hispanic ricers prefer to be called "arroz"

CraigRT

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Hemicuda, yeah, that's a killer car (your screen name) and all.. but it seems as if you are smoking crack when you say you'd rather have FORD quality over a Nissan car. that's just plain silly.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Can somebody explain to me the infatuation with the stickers across the top 1/4 of the windshield? That has to be the most heinous sticker idea I've seen yet. I see it anywhere from a rusted out thunderbird with a big "THUNDERBIRD" sticker across the windshield, to a beat to hell dodge duster with a windshield sticker that says "Dodge This!", and over to the slammed '92 accord with a windshield sticker that says "HONDA POWER".

What in God's name, and all that is holy, makes somebody want to do something like that? They look ridiculous, block visibility, rarely match the color of the rest of the car, and are usually blowhard slogons on a car that doesn't have the bite to back up the bark.

Why why why????

rootaxs

Platinum Member
Oct 22, 2000
You'll be surprised at the influx of Xterra members we got in the past couple of days. :)

Originally posted by: Beau6183
Originally posted by: rootaxs
Hey Rallispec, would you like to have a NissanX sticker? :)

Too bad they don't have any XTerra stuff on that page. That decal looks cool, and would look nice on my windows, too.

Beau

Lifer
Jun 25, 2001
www.beauscott.com
Really? Cool! I'll sign up right now. How much for those window decals?

You'll be surprised at the influx of Xterra members we got in the past couple of days. :)

Originally posted by: Beau6183
Hey Rallispec, would you like to have a NissanX sticker? :)

Too bad they don't have any XTerra stuff on that page. That decal looks cool, and would look nice on my windows, too.

ObiDon

Diamond Member
May 8, 2000
Okay, I'll let the NissanX.com sticker slide since it actually serves a purpose. People (possibly other Nissan owners) will see it and think "Dude, a web site. I think I'll check it out when I get home!"

If all it says is "Nissan" then that's just plain silly. People already will recognize it as a Nissan without the quarterglass stickers and those who don't, probably don't give a rats ass in the first place. ;)

Pastore

Diamond Member
Feb 9, 2000
i hate people who come in saying "hes trying to make it look faster"... did it ever occur to you that maybe hes not doing it to make it look FASTER, but to IMPROVE the looks? maybe you dont think it improves looks, but just as many people like it as dont.... a 1x6 sticker is nothing... id better rip the chevrolet emblem off the back of my beretta that was factory applied, because its too big, and it makes the car look faster! oh no!!! and that Z26 sticker that was FACTORY APPLIED!!! and measures about 3x8!!!! OH MY GOD MY CAR LOOKS FASTER THAN IT IS...

you wankers can all blow me, hell me and notfred can stand next to each other and you can blow us at the same time

BatmanNate

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
Why are you guys dissing on the Ford Probe so hardcore? Granted, it's name sounds like an anal aparatus and Fords are far from the favorite around here I'm sure, but give it credit that where performance is concerned. It blows the doors off that Nissan. (and it looks sportier IMHO) My big complaint with it is that It looks a little bit like a MKIII Supra from a distance. (my car :D)