*UPDATED*I got invited to a Tatoo party! ...only one problem. *UPDATED - GOT THE TAT...*

hpkeeper

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2000
It's this weekend, and I don't know what I want to get....

this will be my first tatoo and I'm not sure what I want to get, I'm scared that what I will get won't be able to live with me the rest of my life, like I'll regret it or something.
I've tried to come up with something that was original, unique and something that I can live with forever.

here's my idea...

1. A sphere-like object in a hand
or
2. an eye

in, on or around either of those
  • my birthday (dominant, possibly in the middle (5/24)
  • my fathers birthday (5/15)
  • my mothers birthday (10/23)

I'd like my fathers birthday on one side, and my mothers birthday on the other, possibly written in roman numerals... (for example: my birthday XXIV)

If anyone would like to draw something up and post it, it would be greatly appreciated, I'm going to draw up my own designs while at work tonight and I'll probably post them up later, when I do, I would love to hear what you guys think I should do differently or what I can add. I'd love to see your artwork as well... Please help out!

~Don~

brtspears2

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2000
Whatever happened to normal parties...like Lan Parties or drinking parties?

But , how about your initals+bday around something you like.... perhaps a quake logo.

kranky

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
If you aren't really, really sure of what you want, is it a good idea to go ahead?

hpkeeper

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2000
tatoo party, I dunno... I guess like a tuper-ware party, or Lan party, instead of playing games or trading plastic, you get some permanent art done.

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
Unsanitary conditions and used ink can transfer HIV/AIDS/HEPATITIS for the rest of your life!! Many of the tat joints in S.F. did exactly that..

Jzero

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
"My friend threw a tattoo party and all I got was this lousy tattoo!"

Make sure you spell it right.
And if you get roman numerals, make sure you get them right, too. Like if your bday is 24, you're going to one XXIV not XIV lest you look really dumb trying to explain that one! :)

Although I'd say if you're not sure what you want, don't get one. Why let this idea of a "tattoo party" which I've never even heard of, pressure you into getting a tattoo you don't really want?

hpkeeper

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2000
Yeah, I know about the 100% sure thing... and I'm not, but I see people walking around with various tatoo's and I think to myself, they where 100% sure they wanted to get that on them?

as for the tat party, there isn't going to be many people there, and I'm not stupid, I'd have to see sanitary stuff if I'm going to get this done.

Ipno

Golden Member
Apr 30, 2001
Don't get a tatoo, sure it looks cool now, but wait until your "eye" turns into a watermellon.

hpkeeper

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2000
*Snickers*... Jzero - thanks for pointing out the errors. But you got what I meant, I'm in a hurry right now.

hpkeeper

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2000
even if it turns to a watermelon, I don't really care, it's going to be on my back... no one is going to really see it unless I'm at a beach or something. It's something for myself... not everyone else.

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
Originally posted by: hpkeeper
even if it turns to a watermelon, I don't really care, it's going to be on my back... no one is going to really see it unless I'm at a beach or something. It's something for myself... not everyone else.

It's for yourself, huh? Tell me.... can you see your back?
rolleye.gif

Jzero

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
they where 100% sure they wanted to get that on them?

I dunno...all the people I know that have tattoos seemed to plan them out pretty far in advance. They'd commission someone to darw something, or get the tattoo artist to come up with something based on what they wanted....I've been trying to think of a good one for a couple years now....
All the people I know also seem to only go to artists that they trust or were recommended by trusted friends.

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Spooner
i have a tattoo of pyonir's mom on my chest :D

she fit? you must have a big chest! :Q

(of course you are a fat cow, so your chest must be pretty large)

:D

Lvis

Golden Member
Oct 10, 1999
I can't help but wonder if all the people getting tattoos really know what their doing. My brother in law is in his mid forties, and his tattoos are so awful he wears long sleeve shirts year round. He lives in Georgia, too.

After twenty years or so, they get so distorted you can hardly tell what they are.

I know, I know, the tattoo artists tell you that they don't do that anymore.....sure, how do they know?