*UPDATED* Bored at work... Decided to show some pictures of when I got stuck this weekend :)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

mh47g

May 25, 2007
Originally posted by: ATLien247
How exactly did you get yourself into that mess? Did you not know the mud was that deep?

I knew it was fairly deep but I hadn't realized it was quite that deep. The only reason I was given the idea was because my girlfriend said "I dare you..." so of course I did, even after she realized that I was actually going to do it she started yelling "stopp... stoppp!"

I still feel bad cause I got real frantic when the jeep first sat at that outrageous angle. She said I told her it was her fault because she gave me the idea but I didn't even remember saying it. A few minutes after saying me that she told me she was mad at me and I told her I didn't mean it and it was entirely my fault. I still owe her something nice because of it, I just havn't figured out what yet. She's been asking me to take her to a nice italian restaurant, so that is definately in order.

In short, my ego got the best of me and I lost.

mh47g

May 25, 2007
Originally posted by: ViviTheMage
that is some think think mud you have there.

man, those lights on the roof of your liberty look DUMB..imo of course :p

A lot of people agree with you as well as disagree with you. I personally like them because they fit the curves of the liberty a lot better than any other lightbar i've seen for any truck. Personally I think the lightbar setup for say, the wranglers, are hideous. The frame that goes around the windshield looks too tacky for my taste.

Mxylplyx

Diamond Member
Mar 21, 2007
Originally posted by: mh47g
Originally posted by: Mxylplyx
You got some stones taking a nice SUV out in the mud. I thought they only did that in commercials.

Sadly the same day I got some nice scratches on both sides of the truck from pine trees. Hopefully they'll buff out though they seem like they're light enough, but i'm no good with a buffer. I'm going to ask my stepfather to look at it this weekend.

Seeing what you are doing with your truck already, I assumed you wouldnt be nit picky about scratches.

mh47g

May 25, 2007
You got some stones taking a nice SUV out in the mud. I thought they only did that in commercials.

Sadly the same day I got some nice scratches on both sides of the truck from pine trees. Hopefully they'll buff out though they seem like they're light enough, but i'm no good with a buffer. I'm going to ask my stepfather to look at it this weekend.

Seeing what you are doing with your truck already, I assumed you wouldnt be nit picky about scratches.

Haha I was waiting for that. Just because I like to have fun with the truck doesn't mean I don't want to try to keep it as pleasant to the eyes as possible :)

I understand what you're saying and my family agrees with you. I guess i'm a bit OCD about that kind of stuff... The mud belongs on the truck, the scratches do not :) Though I'll basically forget they're there in a week...

Originally posted by: moshquerade
Originally posted by: njswift10141980
same here
Originally posted by: SoulAssassin
pics aren't showing for me...

i just viewed them no problem.

OP, have you washed the mud off yet?

Yeah I washed it off the day after. Took me 3 hours, and I still don't have all the mud off. The mud on the body is off but I need to do a better job underneath... I will probably do that this weekend. I also have a noise coming from one of my front brakes that sounds like there's a stone stuck in the pad or something... Makes the noise a rotor makes when it's being cut down, but not quite as bad.

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
Is there any truck that could survive that mud without getting stuck?
that looks impossible not to

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001

A lot of people agree with you as well as disagree with you. I personally like them because they fit the curves of the liberty a lot better than any other lightbar i've seen for any truck. Personally I think the lightbar setup for say, the wranglers, are hideous. The frame that goes around the windshield looks too tacky for my taste.

There is no such thing as a nice lightbar.

When we were still active with Jeeps all the us would raz the Liberty owners.

It doesn't look like you aired down, either. And get some better tires if you plan on playing in the mud. Those things don't look like they cleaned themselves very well.

EDIT: I suggest you check your diffs for water/mud, as well. Also it would be wise to to a fluid change on the transfer case.

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001

Haha I was waiting for that. Just because I like to have fun with the truck doesn't mean I don't want to try to keep it as pleasant to the eyes as possible :)

I understand what you're saying and my family agrees with you. I guess i'm a bit OCD about that kind of stuff... The mud belongs on the truck, the scratches do not :) Though I'll basically forget they're there in a week...

same here

Yeah I washed it off the day after. Took me 3 hours, and I still don't have all the mud off. The mud on the body is off but I need to do a better job underneath... I will probably do that this weekend. I also have a noise coming from one of my front brakes that sounds like there's a stone stuck in the pad or something... Makes the noise a rotor makes when it's being cut down, but not quite as bad.

I mean, getting muddy like that looks like fun, but.... I'd feel a bit sick inside knowing I scratched up the paint, might've wrecked the brakes, plus whatever else damage the vehicle sustained. Then again, I'm not a gambler either. :p

mh47g

May 25, 2007
Originally posted by: iamwiz82

There is no such thing as a nice lightbar.

When we were still active with Jeeps all the us would raz the Liberty owners.

It doesn't look like you aired down, either. And get some better tires if you plan on playing in the mud. Those things don't look like they cleaned themselves very well.

EDIT: I suggest you check your diffs for water/mud, as well. Also it would be wise to to a fluid change on the transfer case.

I bought the tires on the jeep with no intention of going through mud like that. I'm already planning on some Maxxis Buckshots when it's time for new tires.

All of my breathers are extended above the intake, I can safely go up half way up the headlights before my intake is a concern and to the bottom of my gas cap before my rear dif breather is a concern.

Thanks for your input ;)

same here

I mean, getting muddy like that looks like fun, but.... I'd feel a bit sick inside knowing I scratched up the paint, might've wrecked the brakes, plus whatever else damage the vehicle sustained. Then again, I'm not a gambler either. :p

I do have dirt inside my brake pads i'm going to take them off tomorrow and see if they need to replaced. This is the entire reason I bought the truck so it doesn't bother me too much...

NTB

Diamond Member
Mar 26, 2001
Nice :)

A few years ago my cousin and I were coming back from a day of fishing and came across a 4-wheeling n00b: The guy had recently purchased a new Silverado 4x4 , and decided to take it out and play. No clue how long he was out, but at some point he decided to try and cross a pretty good-sized ditch. Went at it head-on and ended up stuck nose-down *in* the ditch, with a good bit of air between his rear wheels and the ground. By the time we found him, he was sitting on the rear bumper, waiting for his brother to come and haul him out :p

Nathan