UPDATE: Skokie, IL - Possible Disgruntled Employees with guns in factory

MacBaine

Banned
Aug 23, 2001
Ok...this hasn't even made the news yet where I live... My dad called home about 45 minutes ago and told my mom that his company was on lockdown because it is believed there are disgruntled employees in the building with guns. Apparently, SWAT teams and local police are on the scene now, but I am not sure. The place is Federal Mogul, in Skokie, IL. It is a large automotive part factory/test facility. I will try to get more info. My mom called WGN news in Chicago and they hadn't heard anything, so hopefully they will be investigating soon.

Update: my dad just arrived home and here is what he says happened. The company layed off serveral employees yesterday, many of which said things going out the door. So today, the company had police officers watching the building, and about 2:30, every police officer and his brother showed up, jumped out with shotguns, and started storming the building, locking down everything, and not letting anyone in or out. Apparently, somebody had seen one of the layed off workers in the building with a gun. They then began letting everyone out 1 by 1, and then will begin sweeping the building. What more will come of this I don't know yet. Dad says there were news cameras there when he was leaving, so maybe it'll be on soon.

Pr0Hawk

Platinum Member
Feb 12, 2001
Do you know where this is?!?! Im like 2 blocks from the skokie border! I wanna video tape some swat!

Nocturnal

Lifer
Jan 8, 2002
Damn I hope nothing happens. I have a friend who lives in Skokie. He works at Kinkos down there.

I hope that it isnt anywhere near that place. Would hate to hear about anything bad happening.

Damn disgruntled employees! Go get some help!

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
i was in a barber shop quartet down there...;)

anyway, that sucks. hope everything turns out ok. :disgust:

MacBaine

Banned
Aug 23, 2001
Like I said...my mom called WGN a while ago...but we haven't seen anything yet. I would think that they'd interrupt once they get on the scene...might take a while

RichieZ

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2000
Wow didn't kno so many ppl live in Skokie, I'm attending Northwestern U. So I'm pretty darn close to Skokie