***UPDATE: bad news is rolling in*** Last night I threw company loyalty out the window...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
You've led a very sheltered life if your health insurance premiums haven't changed in 4.5 years.

Your company is doing (or has done) much, much more than most have done to shield employees from rising healthcare costs.

Viper GTS

NuclearNed

Raconteur
May 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Viper GTS
You've led a very sheltered life if your health insurance premiums haven't changed in 4.5 years.

Your company is doing (or has done) much, much more than most have done to shield employees from rising healthcare costs.

Viper GTS

Ok, let me clarify - our premiums and whatnot have changed, basically yearly, since I have worked here. What they are now throwing on our shoulders is a drastic change that is on the verge of unbearable. I don't have exact figures to give you, but our premiums are going way up, but we (at least in many cases) are going to get only 1/4 the coverage we have always had.

dirtboy

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: NuclearNed
Geez, this post isn't even 24 hours old yet, and one of the "rumors" has become reality. Starting January 1st, our health care plan is getting changed drastically. Basically, our bi-weekly employee contribution is going up and the benefits are going WAAAAAYYYY down. In other words, we employees get the "honor" of paying more, getting less, and receiving the ever-lasting gratitude of the suits.

Welcome to what many others have been experiencing the last couple years. It's not your employer who is to blame for this.

sygyzy

Lifer
Oct 21, 2000
Talk about being overdramatic. They "betrayed" you buy cutting costs? Please. If you are going to quit or want to leave, do so. Don't put on a show. This is real life, not Broadway.

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004
Originally posted by: dirtboy
Geez, this post isn't even 24 hours old yet, and one of the "rumors" has become reality. Starting January 1st, our health care plan is getting changed drastically. Basically, our bi-weekly employee contribution is going up and the benefits are going WAAAAAYYYY down. In other words, we employees get the "honor" of paying more, getting less, and receiving the ever-lasting gratitude of the suits.

Welcome to what many others have been experiencing the last couple years. It's not your employer who is to blame for this.

That's hardly a reason to not jump ship for a better boat.

Company loyalty = :thumbsdown:

NuclearNed

Raconteur
May 18, 2001
Originally posted by: sygyzy
Talk about being overdramatic. They "betrayed" you buy cutting costs? Please. If you are going to quit or want to leave, do so. Don't put on a show. This is real life, not Broadway.

Read the whole original post. This isn't just about health insurance. This is about a whole lot of crap, including health insurance, which has happened, is happening, or going to happen in the very near future. The health insurance thing is just the latest instance of the company screwing its employees to get itself out of a bind that they got themselves into through bad management.

NuclearNed

Raconteur
May 18, 2001
Originally posted by: dirtboy

I'll cut you some slack because you don't know the situation here. I realize that healthcare costs are going through the roof, and many companies have had to reevaluate their healthcare plans accordingly. In spite of that, for reasons I won't reveal on a public forum, this current crisis is beyond question my employer's fault.

KC5AV

Golden Member
Jul 26, 2002
There is nothing wrong with being loyal to an employer who takes care of the employees. Like some have said, it's a two-way street, though. You have to do what is best for you. If you think it is something that will turn around in a reasonable amount of time, it might be worth hanging on. You have to be careful though. You might be one of the next cutbacks. Best of luck with it. I understand how hard it can be to change jobs.

Crucial

Diamond Member
Dec 21, 2000
How is the company screwing you over? It's the health insurance companies that are doing the screwing. They are the ones that are increasing the costs which forces the companies to put more of the cost on the employees. Do you have any idea what your company pays every month to provide you with health insurance? Any idea what it would cost you as an individual to buy that same level of insurance on your own? You are angry with the wrong people.

NuclearNed

Raconteur
May 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Crucial
How is the company screwing you over? It's the health insurance companies that are doing the screwing. They are the ones that are increasing the costs which forces the companies to put more of the cost on the employees. Do you have any idea what your company pays every month to provide you with health insurance? Any idea what it would cost you as an individual to buy that same level of insurance on your own? You are angry with the wrong people.

Methinks you didn't read the first post or most of this thread. You are the weakest link, goodbye.