*Update - Anyone ever actually go to one of those "get a free trip if you listen to us talk for an hour" deals?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

imported_Tomato

Diamond Member
Sep 11, 2002
Interesting. I was just offered 3 free nights in Vegas for sitting through one of those... only problem is, I have to find a husband/serious partner to qualify. Good info, thanks for the replies... I figure I can suffer for an hour if it means saving a few hundred bucks the next time I go to Vegas.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Dezign
Interesting. I was just offered 3 free nights in Vegas for sitting through one of those... only problem is, I have to find a husband/serious partner to qualify. Good info, thanks for the replies... I figure I can suffer for an hour if it means saving a few hundred bucks the next time I go to Vegas.

It's totally worth it and they don't verify that the person you bring with you is your husband, your age nor your salary.

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001
huh, I don't think we've ever gotten one of those calls, and I didn't know they were that extreme...this last Christmas break, we went to Orlando and part of our stay there was at a timeshare, where my parents had to listen to their schpiel for one morning, and other than that, we got a kickass place for cheap.

imported_Tomato

Diamond Member
Sep 11, 2002
Originally posted by: RossMAN
Originally posted by: Dezign

It's totally worth it and they don't verify that the person you bring with you is your husband, your age nor your salary.

Decision sealed. Thanks, Ross. :D