Unprofitable [auto] models hit dealers' bargain bins

Hamburgerpimp

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2000
My friend who works at GM. He was driving a Cadillac until the Aztecs bombed. Then he was driving an Aztec. Needless to say, he was quite upset!

silent tone

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
GM needs to build a high performance, technology test-bed fuel cell sports car now. The gearheads won't buy it because it isn't macho. The tree huggers won't buy it because it isn't gheyed up. I can swoop in on the fire sale.

Maharaja

Apr 25, 2000
The Cougar's are surprisingly comfy inside. My friend bought a 2000 Cougar and I was pleasantly surprised. Shame the outside is so ugly. I swear I have never seen such a large car-butt before.

crawford

Golden Member
Jan 23, 2002
Originally posted by: Maharaja
The Cougar's are surprisingly comfy inside. My friend bought a 2000 Cougar and I was pleasantly surprised. Shame the outside is so ugly. I swear I have never seen such a large car-butt before.

the 2.5 duratec is a good engine too. I got one in my contour svt and its been great so far.

JC

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2000
So the Extension......err, Excursion is getting the axe next year too...

That's a shame. :p

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001
Originally posted by: JC
So the Extension......err, Excursion is getting the axe next year too...

That's a shame. :p

I was concidering getting one at one point. Only SUV I can think of that is bigger than my truck :p. A guy at work got one for $25k (used) IIRC, and it was cool as hell. He got the v-10 IIRC, and he gets decent milege in the 10-12 range.

That reminds me, I should pprobably call him to make sure the computer I built for him is still working :)