unlocked phone question

Oct 9, 1999
Hi there, just got my G1 off of ebay.

The G1 I bought was advertised as unlocked, etc. It's in great condition but when I put my ATT sim card in it it ask about an unlock code. Is there a standard code I need to apply or did I purchase a phone that's not unlocked?

TIA

pm

Elite Member Mobile Devices
Jan 25, 2000
Some SIMs are locked and need a code to access the SIM itself. If you didn't set up a PIN code for your AT&T SIM, then this likely isn't the problem.

I'm guessing the problem is that the G1 isn't unlocked. Have you contacted the seller?

Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: pm
Some SIMs are locked and need a code to access the SIM itself. If you didn't set up a PIN code for your AT&T SIM, then this likely isn't the problem.

I'm guessing the problem is that the G1 isn't unlocked. Have you contacted the seller?

i have, i'm awaiting a response. so maybe call att and asked if there's an unlock code to unlock my sim?

Oct 9, 1999
i've read that t-mobile customers that have had an account can call t-mob and ask for an unlock code and say you're going out of the country.. any one want to to that for me? :D

Oct 9, 1999
alright, well i've since purchased an unlock code and am waiting for it via email.

i do have a 'what would you do' question.. this guy threw the g1 box in an oversized priority box with NO packing around it. also sold me a phone that obviously isn't unlocked. should i ask him to cover my unlock fees? i'm tempted to leave a very detailed negative feedback description if he doesn't comply.

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
Originally posted by: DeePee
alright, well i've since purchased an unlock code and am waiting for it via email.

i do have a 'what would you do' question.. this guy threw the g1 box in an oversized priority box with NO packing around it. also sold me a phone that obviously isn't unlocked. should i ask him to cover my unlock fees? i'm tempted to leave a very detailed negative feedback description if he doesn't comply.

That's your choice. Doubt that person would care unless they have a business on ebay selling things.

Pliablemoose

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Not sure why you"d want a G1 on AT&T, you'll be stuck with Edge speeds. At least you can buy an unlock code for <$15 off eBay.

Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Pliablemoose
Not sure why you"d want a G1 on AT&T, you'll be stuck with Edge speeds. At least you can buy an unlock code for <$15 off eBay.

http://www.unlock-tmobileg1.co...rocedures/activate.php

"as far as internet, you need to enter in certain parameters to get the g1 working, i went from my iphone 3g sim card to the g1 and its working great.

click http://www.unlock-tmobileg1.com/EN/p...s/activate.php

to learn how to great a new APN or Access point."

not sure if he's talking about 3g speeds after doing all that or still on edge. damn guess i should of read into a little more. oh well.