University Class Rings (Poll)

BChico

Platinum Member
May 27, 2000
I will be graduating next year, from Lehigh University, and my mom has been bugging me about getting a ring. Does anyone else get one of these class rings, or is this a lost tradition?

toekramp

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2001
I didn't get a HS or college ring...hell the only ring i wear is my wedding band and even that annoys me :)

RaistlinZ

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2001
I got a HS ring, but I lost it. :(

My vote... High School ring - Yes. College ring - No. College rings are just lame.

toekramp

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2001
Originally posted by: RaistlinZ

My vote... High School ring - Yes. College ring - No. College rings are just lame.

how is a college ring more lame than a HS ring?

HS is a joke

BChico

Platinum Member
May 27, 2000
I agree there, everyone can graduate from HS, some at best can graduate from a good universtiy.

Amplifier

Banned
Dec 25, 2004
Originally posted by: toekramp
Originally posted by: RaistlinZ

how is a college ring more lame than a HS ring?

HS is a joke

Seriously, highschool was a waste of life. Forget the ring, have a :cookie: instead.

Bryophyte

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
No, didn't get a high school or a college ring. Honestly, would you really wear it more than a few months? What value would it really have for you?

Jzero

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Will you wear it? If yes, it's worth it. If not, it's not worth it. That's the bottom line. I wore my high school ring until the day I got my college ring. 4 years out almost to the day and I still wear my college ring, so it was money well spent for me.

But if you are just going to throw it in a drawer somewhere, don't bother.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
I got a high school ring because, at least socially, it was a big deal.

no one I know for a college ring, though.

dquan97

Lifer
Jul 9, 2002
Originally posted by: tennisflip
Spend your money on a nice diploma frame instead.

agreed. Nowadays, everyone goes to HS and college. If you really want to get a class ring, get a PhD or a professional degree.

NissanGurl

Golden Member
Sep 4, 2003
Originally posted by: Jzero
Will you wear it? If yes, it's worth it. If not, it's not worth it. That's the bottom line. I wore my high school ring until the day I got my college ring. 4 years out almost to the day and I still wear my college ring, so it was money well spent for me.

Same here except I had a bit more time between end of HS and end of College.

desk

Golden Member
Nov 6, 2004
anyone that wears a highschool, college, or superbowl ring is shady.

*edit* and yes, that includes anyone that responds to my post saying they wear a class ring and are offended by my stereotyping. ;)

*edit^2*

<----400 posts! can i switch my name to the postmaster general?