University Art Student Hangs 'White Only' and 'Black Only' Signs on Campus

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
No enlightenment found. The "art," school reaction, and that letter, are all worthy of :rolleyes:.

does moony have a kid?

I am in pain. My art practice is a remnant of my suffering, but also an antidote that brings about healing. The afflictions I suffer from are self-hate, trauma, pain and an unbearable and deafening indignation. White privilege and compliance only exacerbate my symptoms. Non-white suffering is the greatest psychological detriment that I have ever faced

sm625

Diamond Member
May 6, 2011
It is absolutely terrorism. They need to lock down the whole school and search every nook and cranny until they find every last sign. Then they need to lock down the surrounding town and search door to door to make sure none of those signs leaked out. Then the Feds need to give the school 4 more MRAPs and 16 more assault rifles and 47 more pairs of night vision goggles, and tuition needs to be jacked up another 17%. Only then will the appropriate responses have been taken.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
does moony have a kid?

I am in pain. My art practice is a remnant of my suffering, but also an antidote that brings about healing. The afflictions I suffer from are self-hate, trauma, pain and an unbearable and deafening indignation. White privilege and compliance only exacerbate my symptoms. Non-white suffering is the greatest psychological detriment that I have ever faced

Goddamit I hate SJWs.They can actually spout that kind of bullshit with a straight face.

1prophet

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
Punishing someone for making art you think is insensitive or stupid is itself insensitive and stupid. While I totally support safe zones and things like that, their purpose is to allow someone who feels uncomfortable to remove themselves from that situation. This is an attempt to punish art and expression, which is the opposite of that.

I definitely think the trend towards suppressing speech on campuses is a problem, and that the people pushing for this person to be punished should take a long look at themselves.

Unless it is a transgender male using the teenage girls locker room/showers, then it's stop being so bigoted and get over it.

michal1980

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2003
Unless it is a transgender male using the teenage girls locker room/showers, then it's stop being so bigoted and get over it.

liberals almost always win gold with the mental gymnastics they have to go through to justify their insanity.

Belegost

Golden Member
Feb 20, 2001
Punishing someone for making art you think is insensitive or stupid is itself insensitive and stupid. While I totally support safe zones and things like that, their purpose is to allow someone who feels uncomfortable to remove themselves from that situation. This is an attempt to punish art and expression, which is the opposite of that.

I definitely think the trend towards suppressing speech on campuses is a problem, and that the people pushing for this person to be punished should take a long look at themselves.

Same with those kids being suspended for wearing the Confederate flag. Yes?

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
does moony have a kid?

:D

It is absolutely terrorism. They need to lock down the whole school and search every nook and cranny until they find every last sign. Then they need to lock down the surrounding town and search door to door to make sure none of those signs leaked out. Then the Feds need to give the school 4 more MRAPs and 16 more assault rifles and 47 more pairs of night vision goggles, and tuition needs to be jacked up another 17%. Only then will the appropriate responses have been taken.
You think that's funny until it happens.

Only a moron would think this was the college doing this and not a prank.
Well . . . You don't go to a hospital because you're healthy, and you don't go to a university . . . ;)