Unions no likey Obamacare now

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
LOL No doubt.

In time, doctors will be government employees and we can all enjoy the level of care provided in our prison system.

It blows my mind that people that have experienced military healthcare can advocate for any sort of government involvement in healthcare. I paid $1000 a month for health insurance as a civilian (for just myself,) and I'll happily do it again to be free of .mil\tricare when I'm in the Reserve.

DucatiMonster696

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2009
I dont a single dem who wants that.

While the intentions of most Democrats maybe indeed noble in nature the results of the policies they propose and often support are most often the direct opposite when one looks closer and considers the actual long term economic ramifications and consequences.

Unless you are counting the ones already sucking from the teet in which case they dont count. And those people are on both sides of the isle.

Actually they do very much so count but only in so much as they can bribed and/or riled up to walk lock step to cast votes for those politicians offering to cure them of all their ills and ailes via government's taxpayer funded snake oil social programs (Obamacare in this case), or make offers to provide them with "FREE STUFF" at taxpayer expense or worst yet claim to be able drive off their worst imagined conjured up enemies in society (gays, wealthy people, terrorists etc). Which to me brings to mind the old Winston Churchill quote, "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter."

Last edited:

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
It blows my mind that people that have experienced military healthcare can advocate for any sort of government involvement in healthcare. I paid $1000 a month for health insurance as a civilian (for just myself,) and I'll happily do it again to be free of .mil\tricare when I'm in the Reserve.
LOL I almost included the VetAdmin but someone would surely tell me it's the greatest health care in the nation. Most agree with you - it's only real attribute is its price.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
While the intentions of most Democrats maybe indeed noble in nature the results of the policies they propose and often support are most often the direct opposite when one looks closer and considers the actual long term economic ramifications and consequences.

That wouldn't apply to trickle down Reaganomics, would it?

If that worked the way that its proponents claim, we wouldn't have any need for the social programs of today, which came into being to counteract the effects of free reign international capitalism. We wouldn't be experiencing explosive inequality, financial elite hoarding, & deteriorating social mobility at all.