Ungrateful Iraqi War Orphan Ali (boy with no arms) Wants US Pilot to Suffer as he has

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Look at the bright side. He wont be one of those able to blow up US soldiers because we injured or killed family members when went in and decided it best to "liberate" them by war. He will never be able to get revenge like so many others can. Always a silver lining to these sorts of things.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
What people don't realize, being as how they're asleep, is that this is actually heaven. So since those who are in heaven feel nothing but infinite love, all the bitterness and problems the rest of us see in the world are all from our own mental illness. We create the world in our own self image.

"There is no spoon."

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
Originally posted by: conjur
What people don't realize, being as how they're asleep, is that this is actually heaven. So since those who are in heaven feel nothing but infinite love, all the bitterness and problems the rest of us see in the world are all from our own mental illness. We create the world in our own self image.

"There is no spoon."

Off topic, but if the more recent theories about the universe are true, then a good argument can (and has) been made that we are all software emulations. There would indeed be no spoon, or you for that matter.

JackStorm

Golden Member
Aug 26, 2003
Not all Arabs hate Americans, saying that is generalizing, but yeah, this kid will most likely grow up to hate Americans. Oh and tnitsuj not all arabs are ploting against you or america, most are just regular folk who want peace. Oh, and not all arabs live in the middle east, some even live in the U.S. You want the current administration to start some kinda arab removal programs like the nazis did with the jews? Because that's what it's starting to look like. You seem to have issues with arabs.

lozina

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
Originally posted by: tnitsuj
from CNN.COM

After we liberated his country, and paid for his treatment....what gall. Shows that Arabs will just never learn.

I know man, what an ungrateful bastard! Not only did we free him and his family, but look:

He was later brought to Britain where he was fitted with two artificial arms at Queen Mary's Hospital in Roehampton, south-west London, which is renowned for working with amputees.

Our coalition even provided him with the prosthetic arms! Some people are just guided by blind hatred no matter how much we help them.

oops forgot the <sarcasm> tag...

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Originally posted by: WinstonSmith

"There is no spoon."

Off topic, but if the more recent theories about the universe are true, then a good argument can (and has) been made that we are all software emulations. There would indeed be no spoon, or you for that matter.

Woah!

Does that mean I can go home and take a nap?!

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000

"There is no spoon."

Woah!

Does that mean I can go home and take a nap?!

Sure, just remember that your software boss can still fire your softeware azz :D

dpm

Golden Member
Apr 24, 2002
[Your damn right he is ungrateful and we as Americans are right to be righteously angry at this sort of attitude. We went to Iraq to liberate them after they allowed thier country to spiral out of control becoming a threat to the US, the region, and its own people. They did nothing, forcing us to take the initiative. You know what is wrong in Iraq right now? The Iraqis. The US had a brilliant plan that resulted in military victory in 3 weeks. The pentagon led by Rumsfeld and his associates rightly expected that the Iraqis would welcome us as the liberators we are and step up to the plate and rebuild thier country. Did they do that? No!!!! The bitch and whine about the power, about bandits, about "security". Was it US soldiers who looted things? No!!! It is the Iraqis. Ungrateful is a mild term for it. Now we have to clean up thier mess once again.

I'm sorry, but my sarcasm meter is in the shop getting repairs - is this guy for real? :D

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Hammer
he should be beaten with his prosthetic as punishment :D

mmmmm my first P&N post :p

or a T-shirt..."My arms got blown off and all I got was this lowsy T-Shirt*"

*In addition, my family and I can grow up and do or say anything we want without fear of our mothers and sisters being kidnapped, raped and then shot

Aharami

Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
Originally posted by: JackStorm
Not all Arabs hate Americans, saying that is generalizing, but yeah, this kid will most likely grow up to hate Americans. Oh and tnitsuj not all arabs are ploting against you or america, most are just regular folk who want peace. Oh, and not all arabs live in the middle east, some even live in the U.S. You want the current administration to start some kinda arab removal programs like the nazis did with the jews? Because that's what it's starting to look like. You seem to have issues with arabs.

dont mind him. he's a waste of everybody's time

JackStorm

Golden Member
Aug 26, 2003
Originally posted by: dpm
[Your damn right he is ungrateful and we as Americans are right to be righteously angry at this sort of attitude. We went to Iraq to liberate them after they allowed thier country to spiral out of control becoming a threat to the US, the region, and its own people. They did nothing, forcing us to take the initiative. You know what is wrong in Iraq right now? The Iraqis. The US had a brilliant plan that resulted in military victory in 3 weeks. The pentagon led by Rumsfeld and his associates rightly expected that the Iraqis would welcome us as the liberators we are and step up to the plate and rebuild thier country. Did they do that? No!!!! The bitch and whine about the power, about bandits, about "security". Was it US soldiers who looted things? No!!! It is the Iraqis. Ungrateful is a mild term for it. Now we have to clean up thier mess once again.

I'm sorry, but my sarcasm meter is in the shop getting repairs - is this guy for real? :D

Is he for real? yeah, it would appear so (unless my sarcasm meter is busted aswell). So far I haven't seen anything that leads me to belive otherwise.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Nitemare

*In addition, my family and I can grow up and do or say anything we want without fear of our mothers and sisters being kidnapped, raped and then shot

That has not changed completely yet. Not raped, but you can damn well be shot

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Nitemare

That has not changed completely yet. Not raped, but you can damn well be shot

Rome was not built in a day now was it?

preslove

Lifer
Sep 10, 2003
i think we should invade all those countries in the dirty stinking heathen rathole they call middle east. Then we take their oil, and after that we convert them to christianity, and after that the free market... Oh, wait a minute... Sorry, I was channeling Ann Coulter.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
I bet all the neo-cons are getting a huge stiffy reading about this boy's suffering

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Phokus
I bet all the neo-cons are getting a huge stiffy reading about this boy's suffering
Neo Cons and Huge Stiffy are one in the same

rufruf44

Platinum Member
May 8, 2001
Lets see. This boy lost almost all his family and immediate family as well as both of his arms, and he's not supposed to voice his anger toward the party responsible for that? Lets put it this way, imagine your family being taken hostage by a madman with a chemical weapon trigger, and the swat team just decides to come in and spray everyone with bullet. Thousand of lives will be saved, but your family is all gone. Yet you still not supposed to voice your anger? What kind of messed up thinking is that?

Pers

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
great, once again we have rooted more hate in another generation towards to US.

this is just ONE example of why there's tension between the "terrorists" and the "freedom fighters"

(both labels in quotes because they are nothing more than generalized-misleading labels.)

10 years down the line..when this kid grows up and says "fvck americans" don't be a bunch of jaw dropped morons baffled as to what caused his hate.

It wasn't the "hateful text" he read in his youth. It was the US labeled missiles that fell in his backyard.

ok...go back to fox news now and read about how iraqis like getting blown up.