Ungrateful Iraqi War Orphan Ali (boy with no arms) Wants US Pilot to Suffer as he has

GrGr

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2003
Interesting that CNN is beginning to "print" anti-war stories like that.

Tripleshot

Elite Member
Jan 29, 2000
Sad, Sad he was hurt, sad he lost his family, sad his country had to suffer because of the ruthless leader of Iraq, and the vengful turd running the US.

Very sad indeed. :(

Lonyo

Lifer
Aug 10, 2002
So, he was stuck in a war he didn't need to be in, and lost his arms, despite being a civilian child, and he's meant to be grateful?
The kid did nothing to anyone, yet he was someone who suffered greatly.

And you have the audacity to suggest he should be grateful for losing both arms and, from what it seems, both parents?!

What a great tradeoff.

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Poor kid. I don't blame him for having bitter feelings. He may look at things differently when he grows up, but I wouldn't expect a kid, especially one who lost 15 family members, to feel any different than the way he does.

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Lonyo, after a while you'll learn that Justin lives on Bizarro World and realize that he believes the exact opposite of what he says. ;)

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999
Lonyo, after a while you'll learn that Justin lives on Bizarro World and realize that he believes the exact opposite of what he says. ;)

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Originally posted by: Gaard
Poor kid. I don't blame him for having bitter feelings. He may look at things differently when he grows up, but I wouldn't expect a kid, especially one who lost 15 family members, to feel any different than the way he does.

... and there are untold thousands more just like him.

Drift3r

Jun 3, 2003
Maybe he was hiding the WMD's in his house. Hell maybe we'll see some un-confirmed forged Nigerian papers attesting to this claim.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
What people don't realize, being as how they're asleep, is that this is actually heaven. So since those who are in heaven feel nothing but infinite love, all the bitterness and problems the rest of us see in the world are all from our own mental illness. We create the world in our own self image.

JackStorm

Golden Member
Aug 26, 2003
The boy has no reason to be "grateful" to the U.S for anything. The boy lost his family and both arms due to U.S. bombing raids. He's the "victim" here. He's fully within his right as a human being to blame the person or people that caused his suffering. And no, just because the U.S helped him (this was a PR stunt that happens in all wars to make the county that comited the act seem like a good guy, while not helping the 1000s of other people who got hurt) doesn't mean anyone has the right to call him "ungrateful" or anything of such nature.

Drift3r

Jun 3, 2003
Originally posted by: Gonad the Barbarian
But what of all the other children that will now keep their arms because Saddam isn't there to blow them off?

Don't worry we will make sure that they and their families starve to death.

US soldiers bulldoze farmers' crops
Americans accused of brutal 'punishment' tactics against villagers, while British are condemned as too soft
By Patrick Cockburn in Dhuluaya

12 October 2003

US soldiers driving bulldozers, with jazz blaring from loudspeakers, have uprooted ancient groves of date palms as well as orange and lemon trees in central Iraq as part of a new policy of collective punishment of farmers who do not give information about guerrillas attacking US troops.

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/middle_east/story.jsp?story=452375

dexvx

Diamond Member
Feb 2, 2000
But what of all the other children that will now keep their arms because Saddam isn't there to blow them off?

I'm sure that reporters are flocking to make a huge story about the thousands of children that will keep their arms because Saddam is gone.

JackStorm

Golden Member
Aug 26, 2003

That's not really what this thread is about. We all know (I hope) of the damage hussein has and would have done in the future ( I was for him being removed, just didn't like the way they went about doing it). The problem is that people are somehow EXPECTING him to be grateful, and that's absured. I know I sure as hell wouldn't be grateful for any "help" I got from the person (or people) who caused my familys death and the loss of my arms. The boy has all the right in the world to be angry at the one who caused his suffering.

p.s: I really find it annoying when people try to turn this into something political or use it as propaganda, so please people, lets not go there (even though this is a political forum) this belongs in the "news" part of P&N. I also hope news reporters (and everyone else for that matter) will have the desency to not attack the boy (such as calling him ungrateful) after what's happened to him.

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
Originally posted by: JackStorm

That's not really what this thread is about. We all know (I hope) of the damage hussein has and would have done in the future ( I was for him being removed, just didn't like the way they went about doing it). The problem is that people are somehow EXPECTING him to be grateful, and that's absured. I know I sure as hell wouldn't be grateful for any "help" I got from the person (or people) who caused my familys death and the loss of my arms. The boy has all the right in the world to be angry at the one who caused his suffering.

p.s: I really find it annoying when people try to turn this into something political or use it as propaganda, so please people, lets not go there (even though this is a political forum) this belongs in the "news" part of P&N. I also hope news reporters (and everyone else for that matter) will have the desency to not attack the boy (such as calling him ungrateful) after what's happened to him.

Your damn right he is ungrateful and we as Americans are right to be righteously angry at this sort of attitude. We went to Iraq to liberate them after they allowed thier country to spiral out of control becoming a threat to the US, the region, and its own people. They did nothing, forcing us to take the initiative.

You know what is wrong in Iraq right now? The Iraqis. The US had a brilliant plan that resulted in military victory in 3 weeks. The pentagon led by Rumsfeld and his associates rightly expected that the Iraqis would welcome us as the liberators we are and step up to the plate and rebuild thier country. Did they do that? No!!!! The bitch and whine about the power, about bandits, about "security". Was it US soldiers who looted things? No!!! It is the Iraqis. Ungrateful is a mild term for it. Now we have to clean up thier mess once again.

JackStorm

Golden Member
Aug 26, 2003
Originally posted by: tnitsuj

Your damn right he is ungrateful and we as Americans are right to be righteously angry at this sort of attitude. We went to Iraq to liberate them after they allowed thier country to spiral out of control becoming a threat to the US, the region, and its own people. They did nothing, forcing us to take the initiative.

You know what is wrong in Iraq right now? The Iraqis. The US had a brilliant plan that resulted in military victory in 3 weeks. The pentagon led by Rumsfeld and his associates rightly expected that the Iraqis would welcome us as the liberators we are and step up to the plate and rebuild thier country. Did they do that? No!!!! The bitch and whine about the power, about bandits, about "security". Was it US soldiers who looted things? No!!! It is the Iraqis. Ungrateful is a mild term for it. Now we have to clean up thier mess once again.

Of course... this is all the Iraqs fault, they don't want to fallow our way of life/living so something most be "wrong" with them. You're also asuming all Iraqis wanted to be "liberated" sure the kurds wanted hussein gone, and most likely so did most of the shi'ite. But you forget, many of them remember the past and being abandoned (the shi'ite's) by the americans after being insited to rebel against hussin (can't remember if it was the CIA or the pentagon that did it, anyone who has more detailed info on is welcome to correct me here). Also, many Iraqs didn't want the U.S there anymore than they wanted hussein.

And again, you forget that all the "rebuilding" that needs to be done is due to sanctions (which U.S refued remove even though people were suffering) and the wars (first which was husseins fault, current war which is the current U.S administrations fault).

I see you also seem to think, regardless of proof one way or another, that hussin was somehow a threat to the U.S. Again here I'm inclined to tell you to wait untill any proof of such plaim is proven or dis-proven.

I don't know, but it's almost as if you expect all people to want to fallow your way of living. Ever crossed you mind that some people (and no, I'm not talking about terrorists here) don't want the american way of life or democracy?

Also, I wouldn't call this a military victory just yet. Wait untill the country has an elected goverment and untill the dayly fighting is over, before you call it that.

And please, remember this is a kid, his family died. of course he's angry, to expect anything else, is, as I've said before "absurd". He's bound to say things people wont "like".

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003

Of course... this is all the Iraqs fault, they don't want to fallow our way of life/living so something most be "wrong" with them. You're also asuming all Iraqis wanted to be "liberated" sure the kurds wanted hussein gone, and most likely so did most of the shi'ite. But you forget, many of them remember the past and being abandoned (the shi'ite's) by the americans after being insited to rebel against hussin (can't remember if it was the CIA or the pentagon that did it, anyone who has more detailed info on is welcome to correct me here). Also, many Iraqs didn't want the U.S there anymore than they wanted hussein.

And again, you forget that all the "rebuilding" that needs to be done is due to sanctions (which U.S refued remove even though people were suffering) and the wars (first which was husseins fault, current war which is the U.S fault).

I see you also seem to think, regardless of proof one way or another, that hussin was somehow a threat to the U.S. Again here I'm inclined to tell you to wait untill any proof of such plaim is proven or dis-proven.

I don't know, but it's almost as if you expect all people to want to fallow your way of living. Ever crossed you mind that some people (and no, I'm not talking about terrorists here) don't want the american way of life or democracy?

Also, I wouldn't call this a military victory just yet. Wait untill the country has an elected goverment and untill the dayly fighting is over, before you call it that.

And please, remember this is a kid, his family died. of course he's angry, to expect anything else, is, as I've said before "absurd". He's abound to say things people wont "like".

Blah, blah, blah, blah bleeding heart.

Step aside and let the real Americans take care of business.

burnedout

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999

Damn, you must be getting "short" here in CONUS, aren't you? ;)

Seriously though, good luck when you deploy.

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
Originally posted by: burnedout

contracter actually. Looks like November 10 or therabouts I head to Kuwait.

burnedout

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Originally posted by: burnedout

contracter actually. Looks like November 10 or therabouts I head to Kuwait.
Oh hell, you'll be OK then.

I had an offer to go over there about 6 weeks ago. Grad school, steady job, the comparatively crappy pay and age 41 dictated otherwise.

JackStorm

Golden Member
Aug 26, 2003
Bleeding heart? oh please... listen to yourself. Your kind always loves to shout how hussein destoys lifes. But when the tables are reversed your kinds shows no regard for human life. Hell, I see you're not even worth my time. You obviusly have so regard for human life. You're just using this for propaganda purposes. Just like the Bush bashers use propaganda to attack Bush. You're no better than them. Crist, this bullsh!t is going is circles. One side starts it, the other picks it up. Oh, and if you think I'm a liberal, I'm not. So save that bleeding heart BS.

tallest1

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2001
from CNN.COM

After we liberated his country, and paid for his treatment....what gall. Shows that Arabs will just never learn.
You know what is wrong in Iraq right now? The Iraqis. The US had a brilliant plan that resulted in military victory in 3 weeks.

Blah, blah, blah, blah bleeding heart.

Step aside and let the real Americans take care of business.

The Compassionate Conservative speaks!

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
Originally posted by: OFFascist
Sucks to be him.

It would have been better had he died with the rest of his family.

Actually it is better that he die now. He already expressed hatred for Americans, and he will probably grow up hating us just as all Arabs do. Haven't we learned anything yet? You do not allow the enemy to fester and grow, you take action before they become a threat. I wouldn't be surprised if little Ali has an "accident".