Unemployment claims drop, again, producitivy up

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dirtboy

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: UnemployedMay2001
WTG CKG! You obviously had enough money to relocate. It's not that hard? Once again, all you can see are things through your own, rose colored glasses. Sorry bud, not everyone has enough cash on hand to move.

Oooooh, so now it's the governments fault that you didn't save money for a rainy day. That's great.

So you are faced with two choices:

Go broke where ever you live now and lose everything you have.

Go broke trying to get to Tampa where you say there are jobs.

Why don't you just leave your family there and get a plane ticket to Tampa? Then after you get a job there, relocate them?

dirtboy

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
WTG CKG! You obviously had enough money to relocate. It's not that hard? Once again, all you can see are things through your own, rose colored glasses. Sorry bud, not everyone has enough cash on hand to move.

Oooooh, so now it's the governments fault that you didn't save money for a rainy day. That's great.

Why don't you just leave your family there and get a plane ticket to Tampa? Then after you get a job there, relocate them?

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY
Originally posted by: dirtboy
LOL. Non taken! Listen, in SE Michigan, I can't even get a fine dining waitering job (and I have 10 years experience in that field).

Then if there are no jobs, why are you still there?

Uh, what? Why don't I sell my house, move my family, and relocate? Is that your question? You know you can really tell who the single republicans are here. If I really wanted to relocate to where the jobs in the IT sector are, I would have to move to India because that is where they have all been outsourced to. Nah, I think I will stay here in the good old USA if that is OK with you.

rolleye.gif

I moved a FAMILY to get a better job - it's not that hard - and yes I'm a Conservative. Yes selling your place can be a pain, but so is being unemployed in a region where there are virtually zero jobs. I moved from bumble fsck Wisconsin where there was NOTHING except farming and an odd factory here or there(cheese plant;)) I suggest you get out of Dodge to go find a job or STFU. The jobs aren't magically going to come find you. You gotta go to where the jobs are. You happen to be double fscked because you are in the "IT" field - where everyone and their brother is a "web-designer". btw - there are IT jobs here in the US. Heck my brother is still in school for an IT related piece of paper - and guess what - he landed a job here in DesMoines working for an IT dept at a trucking company. Yeah - that's right - right here in the heartland - an "IT" job- whodda thunk it.

CkG

WTG CKG! You obviously had enough money to relocate. It's not that hard? Once again, all you can see are things through your own, rose colored glasses. Sorry bud, not everyone has enough cash on hand to move. When you can barly make your current mortgage payments, that whole closing cost, cost of moving, cost of relocating thing just really doesn't sit too well with dead presidents that were not in your wallet to begin with. Ya know, kind of that whole Catch-22 thing. Sure I would love to move to Tampa Florida to be near my folks with the wife and kids but I simply lack the cash to do anything about that.

Now, if the government started a Low Interest Loan program to where displaced workers with families and low-income could borrow $10K to facilitate this kind of move, I would be all for relocating. But do you ever think something like that is going to happen when we have so many more "pressing" matters at hand to deal with in the middle east? Not likely.

HEHE - you know how much money I had when I moved? ZERO. I sold an old POS car to afford gas to move myself down here because we didn't have the extra $ in our budget for $50 in gas. I didn't go back to move the wife until I got my first paycheck and thus had money to drive back and really prepare for the big move. You know what I made per hour before moving? ~$6.40 full time. You think I magically had enough money to move? That my freind isn't rose colored anything. THAT sucked - but so did not having better options than a $6.40/hr job. So YOU and NO ONE can tell me that I don't know...or haven't lived it...or whatever other BS accusation you can come up with. I had a mortgage, a car payment(actually two at that time) and a young daughter. So yes - if a good job is important to you - you will do what it takes to go find one. No one said it'd be easy - but it's a better alternative than whining your life away hoping some magical job will throw itself at you.

CkG

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
HEHE - you know how much money I had when I moved? ZERO. I sold an old POS car to afford gas to move myself down here because we didn't have the extra $ in our budget for $50 in gas. I didn't go back to move the wife until I got my first paycheck and thus had money to drive back and really prepare for the big move. You know what I made per hour before moving? ~$6.40 full time. You think I magically had enough money to move? That my freind isn't rose colored anything. THAT sucked - but so did not having better options than a $6.40/hr job. So YOU and NO ONE can tell me that I don't know...or haven't lived it...or whatever other BS accusation you can come up with. I had a mortgage, a car payment(actually two at that time) and a young daughter. So yes - if a good job is important to you - you will do what it takes to go find one. No one said it'd be easy - but it's a better alternative than whining your life away hoping some magical job will throw itself at you.

CkG

Did you have to walk 20 miles EACH WAY in the SNOW to get to your $6.40/hr job? UPHILL? With NO shoes on your feet? Truly a miraculous story of survival and personal endurance. A remarkable triumph of the human will and spirit. Overcoming all odds and adversity to live the american dream.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: DealMonkey

CkG

Did you have to walk 20 miles EACH WAY in the SNOW to get to your $6.40/hr job? UPHILL? With NO shoes on your feet? Truly a miraculous story of survival and personal endurance. A remarkable triumph of the human will and spirit. Overcoming all odds and adversity to live the american dream.

No - the job was just across town;):D

Make fun if you want DM - I did what I had to do. It was to take that job or <gasp> be unemployed. So, yes I resent any asshat calling me names or saying that I "don't understand".
And no it wasn't some big triumph - it was common fscking sense. If you can't find work where you are - either change your focus or go to where the jobs are...and no I'm not living the American dream - I just have a better job now;) once all you whiners work for me...then I'll have achieved MY American dream;):D

CkG

Aug 27, 2003

Dirtboy, wtf are you even talking about? Did I blame the governement? Nope, sorry but thanks for playing.

I did not say there were jobs in Tampa, I said that is somewhere, (If I were going to relocate), I would like to because family is there. Batting 1.000 so far...

I am always looking for in-house work. I have the luxury most months to not even worry about that as the side business I built from scratch out of necessity does quite well. But can I still be doom and gloomy about unemployment rates, the economy, Iraq, etc. while being self-employed? Can a come here and bitch about my friends and relatives who are out of work due to what I percieve as a crappy administration in this country? Sure can. See, the flag you are waving protects me from being just as big an a$$hole as you! Aint that sweet!

dirtboy

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999

Dirtboy, wtf are you even talking about? Did I blame the governement? Nope, sorry but thanks for playing.

I did not say there were jobs in Tampa, I said that is somewhere, (If I were going to relocate), I would like to because family is there. Batting 1.000 so far...

I am always looking for in-house work. I have the luxury most months to not even worry about that as the side business I built from scratch out of necessity does quite well. But can I still be doom and gloomy about unemployment rates, the economy, Iraq, etc. while being self-employed? Can a come here and bitch about my friends and relatives who are out of work due to what I percieve as a crappy administration in this country? Sure can. See, the flag you are waving protects me from being just as big an a$$hole as you! Aint that sweet!

Yea, you repeatedly have blamed the government for your problems and you said that you would relocated if the government gave you $10,000 instead of giving money to Iraq. Try reading your own posts.

pwned.

Aug 27, 2003

Yea, you repeatedly have blamed the government for your problems and you said that you would relocated if the government gave you $10,000 instead of giving money to Iraq. Try reading your own posts.

pwned.

Nope. Wrong again. You truly can't read at all. I have not once blamed the governement for my problems, they are everyones problems. Get it straight noob.

I said it would be nice if the government would give low income loans to people who want to relocate to entertain yours and others arguments that relocation is the answer to everyones problems. So wrong again. If we can spend so much overseas, surely we can afford to help out the, as some of you would have us beleive, "few" americans that could actually benefit from relocation. Been fun pwning you some more, play again soon!

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Nope. Wrong again. You truly can't read at all. I have not once blamed the governement for my problems, they are everyones problems. Get it straight noob.

I said it would be nice if the government would give low income loans to people who want to relocate to entertain yours and others arguments that relocation is the answer to everyones problems. So wrong again. If we can spend so much overseas, surely we can afford to help out the, as some of you would have us beleive, "few" americans that could actually benefit from relocation. Been fun pwning you some more, play again soon!

It's a nice "fuzzy, feal good" argument you got there - but it's absolutely absurd. If you for a minute think that the money we are spending on Iraq would somehow be spent here at home if it wasn't spent over there - you need your "un-self-employed" head examined. The money we are spending over there would not see the light of day over here. You seem to have no clue how the budget process works. It was a nice liberal try though...but again it just doesn't play. But it is refreshing(roll; ) to see that people still buy into that silly argument. - pwned;)

BTW - I thought we couldn't "afford" this war;) But you are right - the gov't IS everyone's problem...so they should start staying the fsck out of my daily life and do only that which was originally intended for them to do. We don't need Washington to solve our daily problems...we need the to stay out of them so we personally can handle them. No asshat in Washington knows what is "good for me" - they only know what is "good for them".

CkG

dirtboy

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999

pwned.[/quote]

I said it would be nice if the government would give low income loans to people who want to relocate to entertain yours and others arguments that relocation is the answer to everyones problems. So wrong again. If we can spend so much overseas, surely we can afford to help out the, as some of you would have us beleive, "few" americans that could actually benefit from relocation. Been fun pwning you some more, play again soon![/quote]

It's amusing how you keep changing your story.

Read the highlighted section. You do blame the government. Own up to your own words.

pwned. AGAIN.
rolleye.gif

rjain

Golden Member
May 1, 2003

I said it would be nice if the government would give low income loans to people who want to relocate to entertain yours and others arguments that relocation is the answer to everyones problems.
I hope you're not on Dave's side about the budget deficit, then. They'd effectively have to devalue the dollar by printing money to make up for defaults on those loans if the credit quality of the US is going to remain decent. If not, the interest payments will skyrocket and that'll devalue the dollar even more. Mmmm... inflation.

Aug 27, 2003

pwned.

I said it would be nice if the government would give low income loans to people who want to relocate to entertain yours and others arguments that relocation is the answer to everyones problems. So wrong again. If we can spend so much overseas, surely we can afford to help out the, as some of you would have us beleive, "few" americans that could actually benefit from relocation. Been fun pwning you some more, play again soon![/quote]

It's amusing how you keep changing your story.

Read the highlighted section. You do blame the government. Own up to your own words.

pwned. AGAIN.
rolleye.gif
[/quote]

I have not once blamed the governement for my problems, they are everyones problems. Get it straight noob.

Pwned Once more
rolleye.gif

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com

pwned.

There are quite a few in here that can't read or more to the point, refuse to read. They are Master Spin Doctors, have to give them an A+ in Bullsh1tting.

abaez

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2000
Completely off topic but while cad can sometimes present a good alternative viewpoint his condescending attitude sucks.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: abaez
Completely off topic but while cad can sometimes present a good alternative viewpoint his condescending attitude sucks.

I'm not a liberal, so I don't know how to look down my nose very well...yet. I'm learning though...this forum has alot of good teachers to help me.;)

:D

That condescending enough for you?:p

CkG

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: abaez

I'm not a liberal, so I don't know how to look down my nose very well...yet. I'm learning though...this forum has alot of good teachers to help me.;)

:D

That condescending enough for you?:p

CkG

I'm not Liberal nor Ultra Conservative either. This Forum has showed me why the rift has gotten so much larger between Dems and Repubs and breaking the system beyond repair. Neither party is for the Country first.

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
I'm not Liberal nor Ultra Conservative either. This Forum has showed me why the rift has gotten so much larger between Dems and Repubs and breaking the system beyond repair. Neither party is for the Country first.

I disagree. I think the Republicans had a legitimate argument when they said the Federal government had become too powerful. Unfortunately, once they assumed the mantle of power they proceeded to distribute (more) influence to corporations (who are absolutely non-benevolent) AND expand the already extensive influence of government in the lives of the people. We all need clean air and clean water but for some reason the government's role in protecting those common resources has been shrinking while we have a near riotous rush to build more nuke plants and drill for oil.

According to the GOP we desperately need oil platforms off the CA coast and Eastern Seaboard but the most productive region (Gulf of Mexico) receives special protection (Florida coast).

Universal healthcare is too expensive and an unwarranted intrusion of government . . . but we want to guarantee universal access for Iraqi citizens.

Tobacco is currently implicated in the direct health compromise of 8.6million living (at the moment) Americans. Marijuana is likely less than 1/10th of that and most of those people are just addicted not necessarily significant morbiditity. Regardless, the US is actively planning to pay tobacco quota holders and growers while incarcerating hundreds of thousands of MJ growers/dealers/users.

We are spending hundreds of millions annually to destroy cocaine production capacity in South and Central America. In the meantime, the world's largest supplier of opium poppies . . . Afghanistan.

The system is broken. It doesn't matter who runs government just so long as they cannot run all of government. The GOP needs to be kneecapped b/c they are a dangerous. But replacing the GOP with Democrats will be no more beneficial than replacing Democrats with the GOP.

rjain

Golden Member
May 1, 2003
BBD: Are you claiming that nuclear energy is NOT a way to get clean energy? Should we be burning fossil fuels instead?