Question Under $50 case with good dust filtration

ao_ika_red

Golden Member
Aug 11, 2016
Hello everyone.
I'm planning to have a new case to replace mine and I need some suggestion.

My requirements are:
1. approx. less than $50
2. can hold 2-3 120/140mm front fans, one 120mm top fan, and one 120 mm rear fan
3. has dedicated dust filter (front fans and PSU inlet)
4. decent room for cabling
5. room for 2-3 3.5" HDD (2.5" bay is a bonus)
6. room for 160mm tower cooler, 10" video card, and ATX motherboard

What I want to avoid:
1. solid front panel
2. side fan

I'm from Indonesia, so I will be a bit limited to some brands.
Thank you in advance.

ao_ika_red

Golden Member
Aug 11, 2016
Looked at the Rosewill Styker M? It has most of what you want.
Thank you, but unfortunately Rosewill is not sold here. I managed to find some candidates, though.
Fractal Design Focus
Raidmax Zeta
But both have integrated / non existent dedicated front fan dust filter. And I'm stil looking for more suggestion.

ClockHound

Golden Member
Nov 27, 2007
In my experience no sub $100 case has decent dust filters. And very few above $100.

In almost every case, especially the low cost ones, I mod them to use either a custom-cut heater vent dust filter like this one from Amazon. Or cut a cheap pre-filter from an air-purifier. Something like this pre-filter.

Or could go with a 'proper' PC foam filter. Or the DustEnd poly filters. Or spend as much as the case cost on a custom set of DEMCiflex filters. ;-)

Dust never sleeps and is always looking for a way into the case so the dust bunnies can over-populate. The heater vent filters have worked well for me, provided there is enough static pressure in the intake fans to pull air through the filter - change them as required. The DEMCIflex are very good as well, but reduce airflow more than other filters.

Even with the best filtering case, some dust-bunny-busting is still required at some point. Verbal eviction notices don't work as well as an air compressor and a bad attitude when case cleaning. ;-)

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
at that price range, if you can score a fractal go with that.
Your usually not going to get good dust filters on a case at that price.

ao_ika_red

Golden Member
Aug 11, 2016
Thanks all for the suggestions. I think I will try to mod my case first as suggested by @ClockHound and if I find it to be insufficient, I will purchase new case. I will update my modding journey through this thread once I can get time and material to do so.