Unconfirmed Rumor - Trump's Dept. of Justice and Dept. of Education to rescind trans protections

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Feb 16, 2005
LOL, you want this guy going into women's rooms? Yeah, there's going to be a problem.

1024x1024.jpg
you really need to
a) get out more
b) read more
c) stop being a total twatwaffle

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
Reactions: Sonikku

AnonymouseUser

Diamond Member
May 14, 2003
https://twitter.com/vaguelyfunnydan/status/834562951772139521

desura and the rest of the shitty people in this thread want to force her to use the boys room. Remember that the boys will know that there's only one reason a girl would be using the boys room, so they'll know she's trans. How do think boys her age will handle that? With complete maturity, I'm sure.

That is child abuse, and the transgender bathroom laws should never be an issue at that age.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Nobody has been able to articulate why this should be a federal matter at all. Why can't the state decide what rules they want to put in place, if any? It's not like there is some constitutional right to use a bathroom based on how you want to view yourself. There's no reason the federal govt should have been involved at all, the rules rolled out during the obummer regime were terrible overreach, now they're rolled back. What's the problem again?

Feb 16, 2005
When you don't have an argument you resort to personal attacks. I see the playbook. They taught you well.
sorry you need some help with this.. my bad.
Ok, I have seen numerous women, women born from birth with the same genitalia they have now that look a lot less feminine than that woman. Have you never been to walmart?
Or maybe this woman it more 'womanly' to you
mama-june-picks-her-nose-on-the-set-of-her-realit-1-18239-1363885962-3_big.jpg

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
The only issue really is with men going into the women's room. I don't think men would mind seeing a transwoman in their room.

You also misread the "trick" part. The "epidemic" of violence against Trans people, which is the basis of justification for this authoritarian measure that liberals champion, is often more nuanced. The violence is provoked by intentional dishonesty. Doesn't make it right, but responsibility of honesty also lies with Trans people.

How is it authoritarian to give people the freedom to go to the washroom that reflects their gender? Next you'll be saying the Civil Rights Act was tyrannical.

1sikbITCH

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2001
Yeah, more of this macho posturing.

As I stated earlier, this is entirely about women's safe spaces, not men's spaces. It is like you don't even bother reading but just go on the Leftist script.

That is a bullshit lie. Repeating it further won't make it true.
Only thing people get pissed is when trans try to "trick" straight men. It is dishonest to be like that, which is what provokes the violence.

Victimization can occur in many ways. That is why women-only safe spaces exist. because women simply don't want men in their areas, period.

I get that. That is not the reason for this bathroom crap. Nobody can seriously think there are enough trannies out there waiting to attack that this is necessary. It's just hatred and possibly misunderstanding of things they don't know about.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
How is it authoritarian to give people the freedom to go to the washroom that reflects their gender? Next you'll be saying the Civil Rights Act was tyrannical.

You could just as reasonably ask "how is it authoritarian to give people the freedom to go to the washroom without people of the opposite sex if they so choose?". You are forcing everyone at every level to agree that people can pick the bathroom they think fits their gender. Why is gender the "right" categorization and not sex? Why can't that decision be made at the local level instead of federal? What about those who don't want to share a bathroom with people of the opposite sex, does their preference not matter? Is it only the "right" preferences that matter?

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
Nobody has been able to articulate why this should be a federal matter at all. Why can't the state decide what rules they want to put in place, if any? It's not like there is some constitutional right to use a bathroom based on how you want to view yourself. There's no reason the federal govt should have been involved at all, the rules rolled out during the obummer regime were terrible overreach, now they're rolled back. What's the problem again?

"State's rights" is the last refuge of bigots.

Look who else believed in state's rights:

Little_Rock_Desegregation_1957.jpg

desura

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2013
https://twitter.com/vaguelyfunnydan/status/834562951772139521

desura and the rest of the shitty people in this thread want to force her to use the boys room. Remember that the boys will know that there's only one reason a girl would be using the boys room, so they'll know she's trans. How do think boys her age will handle that? With complete maturity, I'm sure.

Interesting how no one will actually defend that...woman...being allowed into where her identity entitles her. Nope, change the topic immediately.

brianna-rocais.jpg

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
Keep in mind that this isn't just regulated to bathrooms, but locker rooms and sports and everything else. And Obama said schools were not allowed to make special accommodations (gender neutral bathroom for them), they had to be allowed to do anything and everything according to how they perceive themselves. Much to this board's dismay the bulk of the country doesn't see this as a good idea.

Trump just did away with Obama's heavy handed method and let the schools take whatever approach best fits them, which will result in better outcomes for all involved.

Reactions: PokerGuy

desura

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2013
"State's rights" is the last refuge of bigots.

Look who else believed in state's rights:

Little_Rock_Desegregation_1957.jpg

You do realize that actual Black Americans tend to be socially conservative, don't you? It is really disrespectful to them to hijack their struggle which for them is a personal thing.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
You do realize that actual Black Americans tend to be socially conservative, don't you? It is really disrespectful to them to hijack their struggle which for them is a personal thing.

I like how you presume to speak for them, too.

desura

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2013
I like how you presume to speak for them, too.

The other day I talked to a black guy about trans issues and he expressed visceral disgust at it all. I was a lot more moderate than he is.

Right now, slavery analogies are on the same level as Nazi analogies.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
The other day I talked to a black guy about trans issues and he expressed visceral disgust at it all. I was a lot more moderate than he is.

Right now, slavery analogies are on the same level as Nazi analogies.

Slavery analogies are over the top, I'll agree, but at the same time... look at exactly when people have been most adamant about "state's rights." It's not exactly a sterling record.

Reactions: Azuma Hazuki

Azuma Hazuki

Golden Member
Jun 18, 2012
Is desura surprised that someone can be a member of one oppressed group and still be an asshole? You don't gain moral ground by being oppressed. Hypocrisy comes in all shapes, sizes, and shades.

desura

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2013
Is desura surprised that someone can be a member of one oppressed group and still be an asshole? You don't gain moral ground by being oppressed. Hypocrisy comes in all shapes, sizes, and shades.

You wouldn't believe how much racism there was coursing through the gay community when gay marriage props were defeated by popular vote, often black votes. I remember. They got really mad and racist.

Azuma Hazuki

Golden Member
Jun 18, 2012
You wouldn't believe how much racism there was coursing through the gay community when gay marriage props were defeated by popular vote, often black votes. I remember. They got really mad and racist.

Oh, i wouldn't be surprised at all. Just look at Milo What's-his-arse.