Unconfirmed Rumor - Trump's Dept. of Justice and Dept. of Education to rescind trans protections

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
Which he could have done just as easily 5 years ago, 10 years ago, 20 years ago...

Yeah, or you know, in the almost year these rules were in place. During which time there was absolutely no problem.

It's almost like they're searching for a reason to justify their hatred. I wonder how Caitlin Jenner feels about all this. It sucks when the hate you were supporting is suddenly turned toward you.

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
The real problem with all this crap, is that any degenerate can walk into a womans bathroom and claim its his right, even if he isnt truly transgender.

I do t think that's the real problem. The problem is heavy handed rules from DC telling school districts across the nation how they have to handle these situations and the reality is there's not a one size fits all for each situation. Obama gave a requirement not a suggestion that no special accommodations be made for these students. That's bad policy. It's equally bad when NC enacts legislation requiring people use the restrooms of their biological sex.

This was a solution from both sides in search of a problem, and I have no doubt each side is battling over such an irrelevant topic in order to distract us from meaningful issues.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Yeah, or you know, in the almost year these rules were in place. During which time there was absolutely no problem.

It's almost like they're searching for a reason to justify their hatred. I wonder how Caitlin Jenner feels about all this. It sucks when the hate you were supporting is suddenly turned toward you.

She is baffled and very sad that Donald Trump lied to her when he said he was going to protect trans people.

http://theslot.jezebel.com/caitlyn-jenner-is-somehow-disappointed-with-trump-for-1792700502

Donald Trump lied to someone? WHY I NEVER.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
I do t think that's the real problem. The problem is heavy handed rules from DC telling school districts across the nation how they have to handle these situations and the reality is there's not a one size fits all for each situation. Obama gave a requirement not a suggestion that no special accommodations be made for these students. That's bad policy. It's equally bad when NC enacts legislation requiring people use the restrooms of their biological sex.

This was a solution from both sides in search of a problem, and I have no doubt each side is battling over such an irrelevant topic in order to distract us from meaningful issues.

Yeah, I'm missing the crisis as well. How about we get to work on income inequality, humanitarian efforts in various regions of the world, and scientific advancement?

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
200 posts in, and nobody has been able to articulate why this was a federal issue at all.

Also, the focus seems to be on bathrooms, but it goes far beyond that. I don't care about someone using the same bathroom, but no way should girls be forced to use the same locker room / shower / changing room as some guy who says he identifies as something else. No way should a girl have to compete with a guy in wrestling simply because he says he feels he's a girl. It's all completely absurd, and getting crazier by the day.

This rollback of federal overreach is just a small step in the right direction towards sanity.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
200 posts in, and nobody has been able to articulate why this was a federal issue at all.

Also, the focus seems to be on bathrooms, but it goes far beyond that. I don't care about someone using the same bathroom, but no way should girls be forced to use the same locker room / shower / changing room as some guy who says he identifies as something else. No way should a girl have to compete with a guy in wrestling simply because he says he feels he's a girl. It's all completely absurd, and getting crazier by the day.

This rollback of federal overreach is just a small step in the right direction towards sanity.

I think everyone else just assumed the answer to your question was obvious: Title IX.

Wasn't that easy? I'm sure you could have looked that up yourself.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015

I agree in principal (nude people in an open area), but there is a fair bit of wiggle room in there that can cause issues, such as a woman identifying as a man, in an open shower/locker room scenario. I also agree that this isn't something that the federal govt should be involved in, but I do think it needs to be addressed moving forward, else it will never go away.