Uncharted Waters Online server wipe

Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
Not sure if anyone plays it here, but I do. I've been playing pretty casually for the last couple years with a childhood friend of mine. He'd come over every weekend and we'd go sailing and stuff...it was pretty cool. That was the extent of my gameplay, him on the other hand...it was an obsession..every waking moment playing the game.

The game recently got turned over to a new publisher. They decided a couple days ago to wipe the server...deleting all characters and progress. My friend spent real money and lots of time..he's pretty devestated.

How would you feel if this happened to you...mind you this game has been going on for 7 years at OGPlanet which passed the game on to Papaya Play a few weeks ago.

Denithor

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2004
No compensation for the loss of what real money was spent on? That sounds like a lawsuit in the making.

Rifter

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
No compensation for the loss of what real money was spent on? That sounds like a lawsuit in the making.

I agree, Class action lawsuit likely the end result here. Tell him to get in on it as soon as it happens.

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
This is why I would never heavily invest time or money instead something multi-player. It's just a matter of time before you get screwed and the cart blanche attitude by the industry in general is not consumer friendly.