Unarmed white student 21 year old shot to death by . . .

Sephire

Golden Member
Feb 9, 2011
John_Sanderson_1.jpeg

STARKVILLE, Miss. -- A student was shot to death at a Mississippi State University residence hall late Saturday night, authorities said, adding that three suspects remained at large.

The shooting was reported in an alert on the school's website at 10:37 p.m., and the victim was confirmed dead in an alert at 11:17 p.m.
Mississippi State University officials say the shooting appears to be isolated.

University president Mark Keenum said Sunday in a statement on the school's website that there was no indication that there was a danger to others. Keenum says the killing of 21-year-old John Sanderson of Madison, Miss., was the first time a student had been shot on the campus.

Source

Autopsy shows slain Miss. State student shot twice; 3 charged with capital murder

STARKVILLE, Miss. — A Mississippi State University student slain Saturday night at a dorm had been shot twice, an autopsy shows.

John Sanderson, 21, was shot in the chest and a second bullet traveled through his arm into the abdomen, Oktibbeha County Coroner Michael Hunt said.

The small caliber handgun police think was used in the shooting was found early Sunday on the Starkville campus. It is being tested at the state Crime Lab. Three people have been arrested and charged with capital murder.

MSU officials have said drugs may have been a motive in the killing but authorities have released few details.

The possible motive in the killing "will come once the investigation is complete," said Bill Kibler, vice president of student affairs.

"Police do have some clues but nothing that is releasable information. The next step is to get (the suspects) to Oktibbeha County and start piecing their stories together," Kibler said.

MSU campus police chief Georgia Lindley said six people were present in the Evans Hall room when the shooting occurred — the victim, three suspects and the room's two occupants. Lindley and other university officials would not identify the dorm's occupants or say whether charges would be filed against them.

On Monday, Kibler said Sanderson lived in Rice Hall, not Evans Hall. When asked why Sanderson was in Evans Hall on the night of the incident, Kibler said he was "probably visiting."

Richard Griffin, a supervisory inspector for the U.S. Marshals Fugitive Task Force in Jackson, said the third suspect, Trent Deundra Crump, 21, of Flowood, turned himself in at the Alachua County Sheriff's Department in Florida on Tuesday. Griffin said Crump was to make his first appearance before a judge Wednesday and could be extradited back to Mississippi.

Source

7YFJ_TrentDeundraCrump.jpg

Trent Deundra Crump

N3Q_duntaeharvey.jpg

Duntae Harvey

E6HV_masonperryjones.jpg

Mason Perry Jones

Funny that almost all the news article never mentioned the race of the suspects when it's first reported. But when the "other" shooting happened it's all we hear about.

Paul98

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2010
Now what would happen if there was never any attempt to charge or arrest those people, and they were just free to do what ever they wanted.

But I am sure you are just trolling

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
Why is it when its a white man killed by non whites its about drugs . If that was a blackman killed it would be called a hate crime and racist.

Ninjahedge

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2005
I think that white boy ran towards them and they had no choice but to shoot him out of self defense.

Not.

I only HOPE this is a completely unrelated crime, as it is most like to be. But there are way too many people out there that are quick to take what would have been an "ordinary" crime and somehow associate it to another raging issue.

Who knows, maybe these guys shot him because they were annoyed at how Obama talked with the Russian President...

>wark<

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
John_Sanderson_1.jpeg

STARKVILLE, Miss. -- A student was shot to death at a Mississippi State University residence hall late Saturday night, authorities said, adding that three suspects remained at large.

The shooting was reported in an alert on the school's website at 10:37 p.m., and the victim was confirmed dead in an alert at 11:17 p.m.
Mississippi State University officials say the shooting appears to be isolated.

University president Mark Keenum said Sunday in a statement on the school's website that there was no indication that there was a danger to others. Keenum says the killing of 21-year-old John Sanderson of Madison, Miss., was the first time a student had been shot on the campus.

Source

Autopsy shows slain Miss. State student shot twice; 3 charged with capital murder

STARKVILLE, Miss. — A Mississippi State University student slain Saturday night at a dorm had been shot twice, an autopsy shows.

John Sanderson, 21, was shot in the chest and a second bullet traveled through his arm into the abdomen, Oktibbeha County Coroner Michael Hunt said.

The small caliber handgun police think was used in the shooting was found early Sunday on the Starkville campus. It is being tested at the state Crime Lab. Three people have been arrested and charged with capital murder.

MSU officials have said drugs may have been a motive in the killing but authorities have released few details.

The possible motive in the killing "will come once the investigation is complete," said Bill Kibler, vice president of student affairs.

"Police do have some clues but nothing that is releasable information. The next step is to get (the suspects) to Oktibbeha County and start piecing their stories together," Kibler said.

MSU campus police chief Georgia Lindley said six people were present in the Evans Hall room when the shooting occurred — the victim, three suspects and the room's two occupants. Lindley and other university officials would not identify the dorm's occupants or say whether charges would be filed against them.

On Monday, Kibler said Sanderson lived in Rice Hall, not Evans Hall. When asked why Sanderson was in Evans Hall on the night of the incident, Kibler said he was "probably visiting."

Richard Griffin, a supervisory inspector for the U.S. Marshals Fugitive Task Force in Jackson, said the third suspect, Trent Deundra Crump, 21, of Flowood, turned himself in at the Alachua County Sheriff's Department in Florida on Tuesday. Griffin said Crump was to make his first appearance before a judge Wednesday and could be extradited back to Mississippi.

Source

7YFJ_TrentDeundraCrump.jpg

Trent Deundra Crump

N3Q_duntaeharvey.jpg

Duntae Harvey

E6HV_masonperryjones.jpg

Mason Perry Jones

Funny that almost all the news article never mentioned the race of the suspects when it's first reported. But when the "other" shooting happened it's all we hear about.

And your point? Oh, I get it. Somehow this is directly related to the Florida shooting. I think you need to learn how logic works.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
Sheesh
When I said I could fill this forum with Americans killing Americans posts, I didn't think people would start doing it

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Sheesh
When I said I could fill this forum with Americans killing Americans posts, I didn't think people would start doing it
LOL

Sephire, you're missing the point. Yes, this is a tragedy, as much so as Martin's killing. The big difference is there is no expectation that the three young black men will not be charged.

peonyu

Platinum Member
Mar 12, 2003
Its just American on American crime, nothing to see here folks. Get back to me if a black person is killed by a White person though, race matters in that situation.

Red Storm

Lifer
Oct 2, 2005

Saw this thread and I knew the OP's real reason was in there somewhere. Fail.