Unarmed black 50 year old announces $70 million in new foreign aid for Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrewSG3

Feb 7, 2005
Because Israel is our most important ally.. whatever the fucking hell that means

ichy

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2006
I can't believe that some people bitch that Obama is "anti-Israel." Both parties shameless suck up to AIPAC and their fellow Israel-firsters.

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
Without doing any research nor reading the article and likely being wrong: isn't $70m a bit low by usual American standards? I thought they usually got more on the order of a billion a year.

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
How exactly does this benefit the US taxpayer?
Well, does anything the U.S. govt spends money on benefit the American tax payer?:)

I agree that they're a terrorist state just like any other state and that Americans shouldn't be forced to fund a foreign state, but it's been the norm and I don't think there is anything we can do about it.

I can't believe that some people bitch that Obama is "anti-Israel." Both parties shameless suck up to AIPAC and their fellow Israel-firsters.
I'm surprised to hear you say that.:)

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

We may not agree about much, but you're entirely correct about that.

Oct 30, 2004
I support Israel, but I don't understand why we are giving other countries ANY aid when we already have tens of millions of poor people in our own country and when we have a huge budget deficit and national debt.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Foreign aid can buy political influence. However, I really have to ask if Israel actually needs the aid.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
Because Israel is our most important ally.. whatever the fucking hell that means

Closest ally in the Middle East is what is usually stated

And then you have this stuff happening

Former U.S. officials say CIA considers Israel to be Mideast's biggest spy threat

U.S. intelligence agents stationed in Israel report multiple cases of equipment tampering, suspected break ins in recent years; CIA officials tell the Associated Press that Israel may have leaked info that led to the capture of an agent inside Syria's chemical weapons program.
The CIA station chief opened the locked box containing the sensitive equipment he used from his home in Tel Aviv, Israel, to communicate with CIA headquarters in Virginia, only to find that someone had tampered with it. He sent word to his superiors about the break-in.

The incident, described to the Associated Press by three former senior U.S. intelligence officials, might have been dismissed as just another cloak-and-dagger incident in the world of international espionage, except that the same thing had happened to the previous station chief in Israel.

In a separate episode, according to another two former U.S. officials speaking to the Associated Press, a CIA officer in Israel came home to find the food in the refrigerator had been rearranged. In all the cases, the U.S. government believes Israel's security services were responsible.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diploma...l-to-be-mideast-s-biggest-spy-threat-1.454189

Last edited:

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
It seems there's a "rumor" going around in the media by folks that like to use Israel as a wedge issue that to be "anti-Israel" is to be "anti-American", unless of course, it's their own party that's saying it.

Like that sticky issue with some conservative fundamentalist Christians looking at Jews, Mormons and "the rest of them" like they all have some kind of pandemic disease that only the chosen few true believers have the cure for......just say'in.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
As much as arabs hate Israel they couldn't have helped but notice that Israel was a democracy and economically was doing way better than their countries.

Arab spring?

gevorg

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2004
Who cares? Comparing to all the aid, investment and support that Israel gets from US/Europe, $70 million is just a drop in a bucket. Israeli lobby is very successful.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
so now he is buying the jewish vote with taxpayer money?

I'm not sure if this goes as far back as when the "State of Israel" was first created, but it sure seems to me that every US president since has been doing it, among other reasons.

StrangerGuy

Diamond Member
May 9, 2004
Israel should get no funding. Same with Pakistan.

How about just stop funding anybody in the whole of that region. Or apply the same standards regarding human rights in the region but I'm sure the Arabs and the PC left won't really like that with their two wrongs make a right in decision making.

Last edited:

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
As much as arabs hate Israel they couldn't have helped but notice that Israel was a democracy and economically was doing way better than their countries.

Arab spring?

Perhaps that economy is a function of oodles of foreign cash poured into a very small country for 60 years...

Not to mention that Israel is only a democracy in the same sense as ancient Greek city states where slavery was common. Only citizens could vote, not slaves. Anybody who thinks that the Pals aren't subjects, not citizens, of Israel isn't really thinking.

child of wonder

Diamond Member
Aug 31, 2006
Money is poured into Israel for primarily religious reasons. If they weren't the supposed "promised land" of so many religions no one would give a shit about them.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Screw israel. They should be paying the US for protection.
The US is doing a lousy job of preventing attacks on Israel. Who are they protecting? Political posturing!

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Last edited:
Oct 30, 2004
Perhaps that economy is a function of oodles of foreign cash poured into a very small country for 60 years...

Foreign cash has been poured in, but huge amounts of money, probably above and beyond that, have had to be spent on military defense.

The Ashkenazi Jews have one of the highest average IQs in the world. Imagine what Israeli society could do if it were not in a constant state of war or war readiness.

Status
Not open for further replies.