Unarmed black 50 year old announces $70 million in new foreign aid for Israel

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ichy

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2006
Foreign cash has been poured in, but huge amounts of money, probably above and beyond that, have had to be spent on military defense.

The Ashkenazi Jews have one of the highest average IQs in the world. Imagine what Israeli society could do if it were not in a constant state of war or war readiness.

Israel would be in even better shape if they didn't allow large numbers of ultra-orthodox idiots to live on the dole while doing their worthless "torah studies."

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
The US is doing a lousy job of preventing attacks on Israel. Who are they protecting? Political posturing!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Earth to EK, and pardon me, for asking, why is it the job of the USA to prevent Terrorist attack on Israel?

Maybe Ek, you could make a case, that when the Arabs screamed NIMBY in 1948, some of it was based on antisemitism.

Since then, Israel has become the mid-east neighbor from hell, that becomes a terrorism magnet. As Israel refuses every chance to make any mid-east friends and now the main issue is when Israel will give up lands it can never own.

But we have been there and done that in debating this matter on thread after thread. Why have just another pissing contest?

We can't solve this on Anand Tech. But Israel is losing the support of the international community at the most rapid rate in Israeli history. Right now the USA support is the whole ball game for Israel, and the question now, is how much longer can the USA keep extending Israel a blank check with no matching Israeli moral collateral to back it?

EK, I don't think its all that produce to have a pissing contest over the Israeli past and its ever continuing unjust repression of 3 + million Palestinians, when I want to talk about the future and ask how much longer Israeli bullshit can last.**

** Why should we rule out Israel changing policy and becoming a valuable asset to the mid-east neighborhood? The win win solution.

Last edited:

schneiderguy

Lifer
Jun 26, 2006
Who cares? Comparing to all the aid, investment and support that Israel gets from US/Europe, $70 million is just a drop in a bucket. Israeli lobby is very successful.

Who cares? I do. I don't want to pay tax dollars just for the government to send it to foreign countries. That's not the job of the government.

If "no one cares" about the government wasting $70 million dollars I'm sure you'll support my new bill, entitled "Give $70 million of taxpayer money to schneiderguy".

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
If Israel wants/needs so much of our aid they should appeal to join the Union and follow our Federal Constitution.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Earth to EK, and pardon me, for asking, why is it the job of the USA to prevent Terrorist attack on Israel?

Maybe Ek, you could make a case, that when the Arabs screamed NIMBY in 1948, some of it was based on antisemitism.

Since then, Israel has become the mid-east neighbor from hell, that becomes a terrorism magnet. As Israel refuses every chance to make any mid-east friends and now the main issue is when Israel will give up lands it can never own.

But we have been there and done that in debating this matter on thread after thread. Why have just another pissing contest?

We can't solve this on Anand Tech. But Israel is losing the support of the international community at the most rapid rate in Israeli history. Right now the USA support is the whole ball game for Israel, and the question now, is how much longer can the USA keep extending Israel a blank check with no matching Israeli moral collateral to back it?

EK, I don't think its all that produce to have a pissing contest over the Israeli past and its ever continuing unjust repression of 3 + million Palestinians, when I want to talk about the future and ask how much longer Israeli bullshit can last.**

** Why should we rule out Israel changing policy and becoming a valuable asset to the mid-east neighborhood? The win win solution.

the sarcasm in my post in response to that which I quoted apparently was missed by you.

Israel's policies can easily change as soon as the Palestinians accept that Israel is there to exist in PEACE.

You continue to try to tie the past into the future.
There will be no future as long as the Palestinians want to live in the past.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I would hardly call him "unarmed," schniederguy. This 50 year-old black man has an entire army under his command, you know.

Shouldn't you be jelly?

:colbert:

Status
Not open for further replies.