Unarmed black 17 year old shot by Neighborhood watch captain in gated community...

Page 1800 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Sep 7, 2009
Other than you a proven liar stating it was modified we have no evidence it was.

Please... "proven liar"... ROFL

I gave my reasons for my $10k estimate, and NEVER stated that was fact.

Don't be mad because I'm exposing your boy for exactly who he was.

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005

Actually, you have stated that in the bag was jewelry that proved to not be in there when I provided you a link to the article of what was found in the bag.

Just need to go back during the pages where the value of the jewelry went from a $1k to $2k to $5k then $10k and beyond. The whole time, myself and others asked for proof and you couldn't provide any.

But let's not stop you from making up stuff like you're also doing in the Jordan David/Michael Dunn thread.

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
Absolutely no way. Even if it were the smallest gold chains and simple rings (no diamonds) you're still at $2000 bare minimum for 12 pieces.

"It in't mine, I'm just holding it, I don't remember who owns it" = Stolen. Give me any other logical explanation.

Yes, b/c you know the carats of those gold chains and rings. You can go to JC Penny and find gold chains and rings for $20-50/each.

And wait, where's the proof they were even stolen?

airdata

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2010
Originally Posted by Geosurface
Btw SpatiallyAware gets a lot of details wrong, like repeatedly returning to thinking there were multiple attendants at the 7-11, and that's just one thing I can think of right off the bat... he, like myself, has a less precise memory than a lot of people.

Doesn't make him a bad person, or a liar. Should people like us exercise greater care and retain exact quotes to compensate for our poor memories? Probably.

When you repeat the same thing over and over again despite multiple people proving you're wrong, you must eventually come to realize you're wrong.

When all of these people pretend they know Trayvon started the fight... are they liars? Or are they just dumb asses for pretending it's a known fact when in fact none of us know?

I'm sure an hour or 2 of GZ on the stand will air all of this stuff out.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Just looking at Wally World, 1/4 carat total weight studs in gold or point-size real diamond gold earrings both start under $100. Gold wedding bands start just over a hundred. Those are for real diamonds and solid gold. There's also a set for $2,000 and diamond earrings for $2,761. Really no way to establish a value even assuming the school police can tell cubic zirconia from diamonds and gold plate from real gold.

It's a damning report IF it's completely true, but it does not indicate violence. DVC can correct me with a professional opinion if true, but from a layman's view (my wife worked for lawyers for almost twenty years as essentially a paralegal, so I've been around them rather a lot and heard a lot about what goes on in court) I believe it would take not only one but at least two arrests and perhaps convictions before this becomes admissible for the defense.

lotus503

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2005

The only thing you expose is your own dishonesty.

I take the reports at face value, what I don't take is your made up shit to make things more than they are.

In short what I am doing is extending Martin the same thing I extend to Zimmerman, and that's judgement based on the evidence.

What you do is take information, twist it and lie and about it to support your wild assertions.

The good thing is your actions have been brought to full light based on the evidence and actual reports.

The word gold doesn't appear at all in the reports about jewelry you made that up.

airdata

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2010
tumblr_mi030htX3l1qfhw7ko1_250.gif

Sep 7, 2009
Actually, you have stated that in the bag was jewelry that proved to not be in there when I provided you a link to the article of what was found in the bag.

Just need to go back during the pages where the value of the jewelry went from a $1k to $2k to $5k then $10k and beyond. The whole time, myself and others asked for proof and you couldn't provide any.

But let's not stop you from making up stuff like you're also doing in the Jordan David/Michael Dunn thread.

Exactly, the value went up as we got more concrete information.

First reports were just jewelry, a few pieces.

Then we found out it was over 10 pieces.

Then we got the school report (since scrubbed by crumpton and his crew) which officially stated that it was 12 pieces of "real gold and real diamond" jewelry.

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
I'm sure an hour or 2 of GZ on the stand will air all of this stuff out.

I'm sure this will never happen as GZ is not required to take the stand, the burden of disproving self defense and proving 2nd degree murder/manslaughter is on the prosecution. However, you know that. I guess you figure if you bring it up enough times the 5th amendment will be suspend just for this case.

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
Also, I believe possession of burglary tools is a prosecutable offense. If this story is completely true, it's hard to see why Martin was not charged at the time.

Number of Miami-Dade students 'Baker Acted' on the rise (Miami Herald)

At least 646 times this year — that’s an average of more than thee times every school day — Miami-Dade school police have handcuffed a student, put him or her in the back of a patrol car and driven to a mental health facility under the rules in Florida’s mental health law, the Baker Act.

The rise has come at a time when school crime statistics and juvenile arrests are down markedly.

Critics, including some inside the district, say the schools may be overusing the Baker Act, which allows individuals to be held for evaluation up to 72 hours. Some critics say it might be a deliberate effort to tamp down campus crime statistics.

Miami-Dade Schools Police Chief Reassigned, District says (NBC 6 South Florida)

The investigation began after two detectives sent letters to Miami-Dade Superintendent of Schools Alberto Carvalho accusing Hurley of age discrimination, corruption and manipulation of crime statistics.

In one of the letters obtained by NBC 6, a senior detective wrote, "He asked that I reduce the number of arrests I affect of all black juveniles. I told him regardless of the race of an individual; if probable cause existed for an arrest that individual would be arrested. He was not happy with my response to his request."

That detective also claims Hurley orders officers to send students for psychiatric treatment under the Baker Act as opposed to sending them to juvenile detention. The officer says it's an effort to reduce the crime statistics in the district.

"I firmly believe that the crime statistics in my department are being manipulated to show a reduction in crime," he wrote.

It's a damning report IF it's completely true, but it does not indicate violence.

True, but breaking into peoples' houses is a very serious offense. It indicates a highly criminal attitude and very low respect for law or other peoples' property and space.

Maybe the 12 pieces of jewelry in Trayvon's backpack could be had for $1,200 or even less from Wal-Mart or what not... perhaps so. Still, they might also have been some pieces with really significant sentimental value to people, and their removal may have caused an incredible amount of sadness and stress. It's not a minor thing to do. And ask yourself this, did Trayvon know their value when he was rifling through someone's dresser in their home illegally (if that is indeed how he got them)? Did he hope their value was the maximum possible? Was he an expert jewelry appraiser who knew "ah heck it's only cheap Wal-Mart jewelry so they won't mind!" ??

Of course not, he was hoping it was the maximum possible value, whether it was or not.

And yes, it doesn't indicate violence but it helps a LOT in understanding why he reacted how he did to GZ monitoring him. No?

Last edited:

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Wait, I thought Tugboat supporters claim she's lying?

If she's lying, then we don't know what was said between Tugboat and Martin other then what Tugboat claims.

Until she has been proven to be lying, her statements should be accepted

Yes they differ slightly by GZ. is the difference verbatim or jsut a reconstruction/impression.

Is she lying - she offered to lie during the deposition.
She had advance interaction with Crump before the deposition.

In all actuality, she was coached - especially given her demeanor and command of language. (Not sharpest tool in the woodshed)

But if the state wants to use her, we should also.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Number of Miami-Dade students 'Baker Acted' on the rise (Miami Herald)

Miami-Dade Schools Police Chief Reassigned, District says (NBC 6 South Florida)

True, but breaking into peoples' houses is a very serious offense. It indicates a highly criminal attitude and very low respect for law or other peoples' property and space.

Maybe the 12 pieces of jewelry in Trayvon's backpack could be had for $1,200 or even less from Wal-Mart or what not... perhaps so. Still, they might also have been some pieces with really significant sentimental value to people, and their removal may have caused an incredible amount of sadness and stress. It's not a minor thing to do. And ask yourself this, did Trayvon know their value when he was rifling through someone's dresser in their home illegally (if that is indeed how he got them)? Did he hope their value was the maximum possible? Was he an expert jewelry appraiser who knew "ah heck it's only cheap Wal-Mart jewelry so they won't mind!" ??

Of course not, he was hoping it was the maximum possible value, whether it was or not.

And yes, it doesn't indicate violence but it helps a LOT in understanding why he reacted how he did to GZ monitoring him. No?

Nice wall o text with zero proof the items were ever stolen.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
see bolded:

If the "friend" part of the story is true and the jewelry was stolen (by the friend), why would he (the friend) claim the jewelry? I vote number 4, unless evidence comes out otherwise since that's what you are doing with GZ's claims.
A friend gives you a bag of jewelry to hold.
One does not ask questions?
The person is not someone who you remember?

HS kids run in a circle of 15-20 friends.
TM was so out of it that he does not remember who would have handed this to him?

Stretching it.
He either did not want to give up the friend and was willing to take a potential rap
Or he knew that was the way to avoid further issue.

Interesting that his mother did not make any stink about this.
She knew he was suspended.
Did he conveniently forget to tell her why; did she think that the spray paint was the only reason?
Yet she sent him to the father to get straightened out.

For a responsible mother; she apparently did not know her boy very well or care to get the truth. :thumbsdown:

Last edited:

airdata

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2010
Until she has been proven to be lying, her statements should be accepted

Yes they differ slightly by GZ. is the difference verbatim or jsut a reconstruction/impression.

Is she lying - she offered to lie during the deposition.
She had advance interaction with Crump before the deposition.

In all actuality, she was coached - especially given her demeanor and command of language. (Not sharpest tool in the woodshed)

But if the state wants to use her, we should also.

As in you know she was coached? Or allegedly but you're still outright saying it happened?

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
Nice wall o text with zero proof the items were ever stolen.

I hope you won't be offended if I say I don't think you have a future in law enforcement.

CPv4PSI.png
"Officer soundforbjt, this report just hit my desk. We've got a kid over at the high school whose backpack was searched and they found 12 pieces of women's jewelry, a woman's watch, and a screwdriver. When the school administrators questioned him he said they weren't his, they were his friends... but he wouldn't give the friend's name. What do you make of this, what do your razor sharp instincts say this time?"

"Seems legit."

airdata

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2010
I'm sure this will never happen as GZ is not required to take the stand, the burden of disproving self defense and proving 2nd degree murder/manslaughter is on the prosecution. However, you know that. I guess you figure if you bring it up enough times the 5th amendment will be suspend just for this case.

What does he have to hide?

If he's innocent it shouldn't be hard at all.

Also don't steal my schtick.. You already showed everybody your hand this morning. You proved you don't read above the 5th grade level and that you can't understand even the most simple words of the english language.

Fuck off .

airdata

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2010
I hope you won't be offended if I say I don't think you have a future in law enforcement.

CPv4PSI.png
"Officer soundforbjt, this report just hit my desk. We've got a kid over at the high school whose backpack was searched and they found 12 pieces of women's jewelry, a woman's watch, and a screwdriver. When the school administrators questioned him he said they weren't his, they were his friends... but he wouldn't give the friend's name. What do you make of this, what do your razor sharp instincts say this time?"

"Seems legit."

Eh, no arrest record... innocent until proven guilty right?

Or is this just another in the long line of double standards you assholes have when it comes to this case?

Sucker punch... omfg, send him to hail!!!

Sucker gunshot, oh, its all good... the kid was just black.

Tom

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Just looking at Wally World, 1/4 carat total weight studs in gold or point-size real diamond gold earrings both start under $100. Gold wedding bands start just over a hundred. Those are for real diamonds and solid gold. There's also a set for $2,000 and diamond earrings for $2,761. Really no way to establish a value even assuming the school police can tell cubic zirconia from diamonds and gold plate from real gold.

It's a damning report IF it's completely true, but it does not indicate violence. DVC can correct me with a professional opinion if true, but from a layman's view (my wife worked for lawyers for almost twenty years as essentially a paralegal, so I've been around them rather a lot and heard a lot about what goes on in court) I believe it would take not only one but at least two arrests and perhaps convictions before this becomes admissible for the defense.

Its not really a damning report because there's nothing but speculation that ANY crime was commited by anyone, let alone Martin.

In fact the ONLY evidence that exists is that it was NOT stolen. The police investigated that issue and that is the only conclusion to be drawn from their report.

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
Its not really a damning report because there's nothing but speculation that ANY crime was commited by anyone, let alone Martin.

In fact the ONLY evidence that exists is that it was NOT stolen. The police investigated that issue and that is the only conclusion to be drawn from their report.

I would absolutely LOVE for that jewelry to be laid out on a table for all burglary victims from GZ's neighborhood to have a look at and see if any of them identify any of it.

Eh, no arrest record... innocent until proven guilty right?

Or is this just another in the long line of double standards you assholes have when it comes to this case?

Sucker punch... omfg, send him to hail!!!

Sucker gunshot, oh, its all good... the kid was just black.

My standard is always to apply common sense. My common sense about GZ's situation is that he was attacked by a delinquent whom he shot in self-defense, it strikes me as a very basic, obvious conclusion.

I've not been one of those harping about innocent until proven guilty endlessly, though I respect what they're saying. I agree with those who've said that sometimes people are quite obviously guilty.

I think what happened that night between TM and GZ is really quite obvious. The even itself has some interesting wrinkles but is not overly complicated... people are making it out to be more complex than it is due to racial-blockages in their minds or inability to update their initial perceptions given to them by the media. IMO.

Likewise with the jewelry, this is not complicated. Can I be 100% sure it was stolen, and stolen by Trayvon? Nope, but I can be 99% sure.

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
What does he have to hide?

If he's innocent it shouldn't be hard at all.

Also don't steal my schtick.. You already showed everybody your hand this morning. You proved you don't read above the 5th grade level and that you can't understand even the most simple words of the english language.

Fuck off .

Sorry, his Constitutional rights outweigh/overrule your wants and needs. He's innocent until proven guilty and under Florida's laws on self defense they must disprove his claim of such before they can go about proving 2nd degree murder.

All you've shown throughout this thread you have no clue what the difference between opinion and fact. As well as disrespect for the rights afforded to all Americans by the US Constitution.

Waiting for the next so called fact (more than likely another fairy tale) or animated gif.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
A friend givesw you a bag of jewelry to hold.
One does not ask questions.
The peson is not someone who you remember.

HS kids run in a circle of 15-20 friends.
TM was so out of it that he does not remember who would have handed this to him?

Stretching it.
He either did not want to give up the friend and was willing to take a potential rap
Or he knew that was the way to avoid further issue.

Interesting that his mother did not make any stink about this.
She knew he was suspended.
Did he conveniently forget to tell her why; did she think that the spray paint was the only reason?
Yet she sent him to the father to get straightened out.

For a responsible mother; she apparently di dnot know her boy very well or care to get the truth. :thumbsdown:

He wasn't suspended for the jewelry.

airdata

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2010
I mean Londo... FFS... A few pages back I posted this :

( and please before any of you non reading, not smarter than a 5th grader bitches quote post here, take a minute to digest the post. When I say that it's more likely, that's not the same as me pretending I know what happened ( since none of us FUCKING know ) And I'm sure a few of you will quote post and take the lying approach and pretend you know how exactly it went down because that's what you've been doing the last thousand pages of the thread. )

To preempt any unneeded drivvle and you of all people quote post my post and go on about things as if you'd read a completely different post.

And then in the following pages you went on to state such non facts as Trayvon starting the fight despite none of us knowing that.

That's what you post... you post things that aren't true and you pretend they are.

I post facts and talk about them, then laugh at people like you w\ poor reading comprehension and racist tendencies.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002

CPv4PSI.png

"Seems legit."

Cute, but it seems the police agreed with me and didn't arrest/charge TM. :whiste: