Unarmed black 17 year old shot by Neighborhood watch captain in gated community...

Page 1762 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Sep 7, 2009
Not a fair assumption to make. It is part of American culture, not black culture, that a man doesn't have to stand for being harassed, or falsely accused, when he hasn't done anything to deserve it.

Its BS to make this into some sort of race thing that only young black men do.

Part of what this case involves, which is extra-legal, is when two men confront one another and they get into a fight, is a punch in the nose and losing the fight worth killing someone over ?

Because there's at least as much evidence of that as there is anyone's life was threatened, at least until the gun was used.

This all goes out the window when you're seen peering into garages and "casing" houses, as trayvon was doing that night.

Oh, and this is the same thug caught with thousands of dollars (at least) worth of stolen gold and diamond jewelry, along with burglary equipment.

Disgusting how some of you idolize this known thief.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Fine, please refrain from making statements as fact for things you have no proof of or have not been stated in court.

You also have Zimmerman with ZERO defensive injuries.

You have ONE 1/8 in laceration offensive wound on Martin (odd only one with the "MMA" style blows being rained down on Zimmerman)

bwhahahahahhah fuck i wish they would get on with the damn trial so people would stop.

this is insane. there is proof he had defensive injuries. there is proof he had a broken nose and back of his head messed up.

what do you think happens to your hands when hitting? unless you hit a tooth or such the odds on cutting your hands is slight.

Sep 7, 2009
zimmerman_scene_photo.jpg

Sep 7, 2009
Can't wait for this to go in front of a jury, just to show the crumptonites how society feels about a known thief and thug assaulting an innocent upstanding member of the community.

Of course, I can already hear it, when zimmerman is freed of all charges and working on his book deals "Bb-b-b-b-but RACIST! B-b-b-b-but he shouldn't have left his house that night or this wouldn't have happened!"

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Please... this is not confirmed at all. Posting as if it is confirmed is extremely poor form reserved for the likes of spidey, spacial, and some of the other P&N baddies.

On the other hand, what Zimmreman did is a clear provocation. He gets out of his car to follow & chase after Trayvon while muttering hate speech purely because Trayvon is black and therefore must be one of the black people who'd been suspected of burlaries in the area.

Zimmerman provoked the confrontation. That's absolutely not up for debate. Without his actions, Trayvon goes along his merry way doing no harm to anybody. So when Zimmerman inserts himself into the situation, it's a clear provocation. Whether or not he put his hands on Trayvon before Trayvon put his hands on him is up in the air.

But we have evidence clearly showing his racial profiling and provocation in the events that transpired.

What stopped Martin from going on his merry way. Not Zimmerman.

Martin stopped instead of continuing.

One to check out Zimmerman in the car
A second time to not go south along the walkway (or if he did go south, to return to confront Zimmerman. It is a confrontation if one doubles back for the purpose of meeting someone.)

Where is any evidence of provocation.

Martin had left the area. If anything , he teased Zimmerman by implying that he had something in his waistband that Zimmerman should be concerned about.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
TM crowd is trying to mince words to cover up the actions.

The evidence that is recorded from the 911 call, ballistics and the eyewitnesses (not ear witnesses) and even leaving out out Zimmerman/DeeDee statements show that Martin was the aggressor and did not stop; Martin was intent on delivering "justice" to Zimmerman (disrespecting him?).

airdata wants to nitpick on wording which all have the same intentions.
soudforjt wants to throw out opinions as if they are the truth.

Last edited:

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
bwhahahahahhah fuck i wish they would get on with the damn trial so people would stop.

this is insane. there is proof he had defensive injuries. there is proof he had a broken nose and back of his head messed up.

what do you think happens to your hands when hitting? unless you hit a tooth or such the odds on cutting your hands is slight.

So, you're saying GZ defended himself with his face & head....That's stupid, I'd prefer to use my hands & arms, legs...:rolleyes:

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002

No bruising either, right?

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
So, you're saying GZ defended himself with his face & head....That's stupid, I'd prefer to use my hands & arms, legs...:rolleyes:

That lack of "defensive" wounds lends even MORE evidence to self defense. It shows he was incapacited so much from the initial felony great bodily harm blow that broke his nose he was defenseless...

on his back

being beaten repeatedly about the head

with assailant on top preventing retreat

THAT means it can only be self defense, I'm still waiting for one single piece of evidence it wasn't self defense. C'mon...just one little bit of evidence.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Not after zimmerman exploded his heart minutes after the vicious and brutal beating.

You still going with the "aliens" theory as to how zimmerman got those wounds?

Nope, only in your warped mind could come up with aliens as the ONLY possible way.

echo4747

Golden Member
Jun 22, 2005
There has been a lot of talk about time (911 call times witness call times;times cell calls made& rec'd, surveillance cam times, etc.) Has any proof been submitted that all these times are accurate with one another? You have different sources denoting times... are these all sychronized?

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
This all goes out the window when you're seen peering into garages and "casing" houses, as trayvon was doing that night.

Oh, and this is the same thug caught with thousands of dollars (at least) worth of stolen gold and diamond jewelry, along with burglary equipment.

Disgusting how some of you idolize this known thief.
Possibly, but certainly not necessarily. He could have been exactly what his supporters claim him to have been: aimlessly wandering around, talking to a girl. It would be natural to look all around - perhaps without really noticing anything - since one's eyes are not engaged during a phone call. It would also be natural to move very slowly since he's specifically trying to NOT get home, where adults and siblings would constrain his conversational freedom. Nothing kills that ubercool touch guy persona like a younger brother laughing hysterically in the background. Behavior that looks suspicious is not necessarily criminal, it's merely behavior that seems atypical to the observer. Same with dress; what seems suspicious to a law abiding thirty year old might simply be the street uniform to a law abiding teenager.

Personally I'm agnostic on all these accusations of being caught with "thousands of dollars (at least) worth of stolen gold and diamond jewelry, along with burglary equipment" until someone in authority comes forth and spells this out as official knowledge. Zimmerman was horribly defamed by some in the media, and I see no reason to assume the same was not done to Martin. Hopefully his juvenile records will be unsealed for the trial and made public so we'll all know the official record. However, even if that happens it's merely indicative, not definitive. Hookers can be raped; thugs can be attacked. Even if Martin turns out to be as bad as you think, that does not make Zimmerman necessarily not guilty of breaking any laws.

And for the other side, that goes for Zimmerman as well. Even if Martin turns out to be a much-maligned choir boy and Zimmerman gets fingered as a Nazi prison guard, the state still has to prove murder. At the moment it seems they are far from proving even manslaughter.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
There has been a lot of talk about time (911 call times witness call times;times cell calls made& rec'd, surveillance cam times, etc.) Has any proof been submitted that all these times are accurate with one another? You have different sources denoting times... are these all sychronized?

There's nearly two minutes totally un-accounted for by Zimmerman. This occurs when GZ "claims" he was not looking for TM, but returning to his truck.

TerryMathews

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

Nope. No one has even established whether DeeDee was on the phone with him or how old she is.

She's telling the "right" story so everything must be true. Thats the way it is in this case, even DVC is guilty of it.

"He passed a voice stress test ? They must have done it wrong ."

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Nope. No one has even established whether DeeDee was on the phone with him or how old she is.

She's telling the "right" story so everything must be true. Thats the way it is in this case, even DVC is guilty of it.

Nobody has said they did it wrong, iirc. They merely pointed out (correctly) that a lie detector test (while no more admissible) is much more accurate than the voice stress test Zimmerman took.

note: both tests can be "fooled", lie detector is harder to "fool".

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
No bruising either, right?

sure it happens. but it is not something that happens 100% of the time (or even often).

have you ever fought? he wasn't a trained fighter. I am sure he blocked some but there is proof some got through. Fact is he had a broken nose and cuts on the back of his head.

airdata

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2010
There's nearly two minutes totally un-accounted for by Zimmerman. This occurs when GZ "claims" he was not looking for TM, but returning to his truck.

Bu....Bu...Bu...>Bu.... The prosecution testified they have no proof he continued to follow Trayvon!?!?

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
sure it happens. but it is not something that happens 100% of the time (or even often).

have you ever fought? he wasn't a trained fighter. I am sure he blocked some but there is proof some got through. Fact is he had a broken nose and cuts on the back of his head.

He was a former professional bouncer. If he blocked punches with his arms, there would be bruising a doctor could detect. I haven't fought for a long time (30 years or so). I used to see fights every week at the club I worked at for three years (6-7 nights a week).

Last edited:

TerryMathews

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Not sure about that. I don't think there is any correlation between intelligence and ability to defeat such a test. Gary Ridgway, the Green River killer, beat a polygraph in the 80s, which allowed him to continue killing for another ~15 years. He seems to be a person of marginal intelligence himself. Honestly I don't know much about this "voice stress test" or its reliability, but it seems quite possible, given the size of Sanford, that it is far from state of the art or that the operator was not highly skilled.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?fsd1i2

Nobody has said they did it wrong, iirc. They merely pointed out (correctly) that a lie detector test (while no more admissible) is much more accurate than the voice stress test Zimmerman took.

note: both tests can be "fooled", lie detector is harder to "fool".

Do you ever get tired of being wrong?

airdata

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2010

Do you ever get tired of making simple posts like this asserting that somebody is wrong about something without actually pointing out what's wrong or proving what's wrong ( because nothing is wrong )?

Because when I see a post like this it just makes me think you're a jack ass.

We already know Zimmerman is mentally unstable. He could probably take a polygraph and get all sorts of weird results because he thinks something to be true in his twisted mind.

He thought Trayvon was a burglar because he was black, remember.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
And what does that have to do with anything?

DVC says quite clearly that Sanford being a smaller department may not have someone skilled enough to use the machine or it might be older.

How is that not "doing it wrong?"

DVC said:
but it seems quite possible, given the size of Sanford, that it is far from state of the art

It shows that CVSA is not state of the art, nor even close to it. A "flip of a coin" is as accurate as CVSA.

TerryMathews

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I said

sound replied

I replied and quoted a post from DVC

you replied

Do you ever get tired of making simple posts like this asserting that somebody is wrong about something without actually pointing out what's wrong or proving what's wrong ( because nothing is wrong )?

Because when I see a post like this it just makes me think you're a jack ass.

We already know Zimmerman is mentally unstable. He could probably take a polygraph and get all sorts of weird results because he thinks something to be true in his twisted mind.

He thought Trayvon was a burglar because he was black, remember.

here is the comment in question. Ill highlight the part you need to read, my apologies. I did not realize you had trouble with it.

Honestly I don't know much about this "voice stress test" or its reliability, but it seems quite possible, given the size of Sanford, that it is far from state of the art or that the operator was not highly skilled.