Unarmed black 17 year old shot by Neighborhood watch captain in gated community...

Page 1070 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
The judge said the prosecution has a good, strong case? lol

Yes, the judge said the Prosecution had a good case as one of the reasons he revoked Zimmerman's Bond.

But maybe you or Dershowitz have seen more evidence than he has.

corwin

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2006
Yes, the judge said the Prosecution had a good case as one of the reasons he revoked Zimmerman's Bond.
He said they had a good case to revoke the bond based on the misleading testimony about their finances...but keep making shit up like they have any hope in hell of a conviction

Druidx

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
The weakness of the case is one of the factors involved for originally sitting such a low bond. It will be much higher now because of the issue with the paypal funds.

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
He said they had a good case to revoke the bond based on the misleading testimony about their finances...but keep making shit up like they have any hope in hell of a conviction

You should know better than to argue with me by now

This is a serious charge for which life may be imposed; the evidence against him is strong; he has been charged with one prior crime, for which he went through a pre-trial diversion program, and has had an injunction lodged against him" for domestic violence.

Most importantly, though, is the fact that he has now demonstrated that he does not properly respect the law or the integrity of the judicial process."

Last edited:

corwin

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2006
You should know better than to argue with me by now
You should know better about a lot of things and yet you don't...those are separate thoughts and not connected except in your mind. Punctuation gives you a clue...but keep on thinking whatever you want, just don't get your panties too far up your ass when he walks

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
I'm thinking back to something I said a long while ago, before GZ was ever charged... I said a few months ago I thought GZ really, really should've just hit the media circuit and given interviews to just about anyone who wanted one, or at least a few key, chosen figureheads of media.

The reason I gave then is the same I have now, I honestly think that would've helped him a lot. I know this goes against conventional wisdom... but you see where not doing it got him. He's now in jail, charged with murder 2 of all things... in a lot of ways it just seems like his situation is getting worse, when I believe the closer to the truth of what happened the public gets, the better his situation will be. The more of the public which are aware of what actually happened that night, the harder it becomes to do what Corey is doing.

If he'd gotten out there (the earlier the better) and just humanized himself, sat down with Diane Sawyer or whoever the fuck, Chris Hansen... whoever. And just laid it all out, said hey this is what happened, I feel awful about it, but that is the truth.

It would've been so much harder to demonize him, paint him as a racist, the boogie man... if he'd been a living, breathing, normal looking unassuming guy just explaining sincerely how his intentions were merely to try to help protect his neighbors after a lot of burglaries, and he didn't continue to follow, and this is what the kid did to me... and this is how I felt at that time, and the evidence which comes out later, if it does, will back up what I'm saying.

If he'd done that I sincerely doubt he would've ever been charged.

I think the reasons he didn't do that were three fold:

1.) Cowardice, understandable
2.) A large number of people in his life advising against it
3.) Trying to spare the feelings of Trayvon's parents by telling them what their son did to him

On the next conjugal visit just tell him that, buddy.

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
You should know better about a lot of things and yet you don't...those are separate thoughts and not connected except in your mind. Punctuation gives you a clue...but keep on thinking whatever you want, just don't get your panties too far up your ass when he walks

Yeah, I just don't post BS like you do. I generally try to know what I am talking about before I do post.

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012

Are you saying in this quote he is not talking about the evidence in the murder trial? What other evidence do you think he is referring to?

This is a serious charge for which life may be imposed; the evidence against him is strong; he has been charged with one prior crime, for which he went through a pre-trial diversion program, and has had an injunction lodged against him" for domestic violence.

Most importantly, though, is the fact that he has now demonstrated that he does not properly respect the law or the integrity of the judicial process."

lotus503

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2005

Seriously your going off the deep end with the punctuation nonsense.

Walk or not judge says prosecution has a strong case.

It's possible the evidence we have not seen is more compelling than what we have seen.

corwin

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2006
Yeah, I just don't post BS like you do. I generally try to know what I am talking about before I do post.
HAHA...that's almost funny, you know you got got your ass handed to you and won't admit it...stick your head back in the sand why don't you
Seriously your going off the deep end with the punctuation nonsense.

Walk or not judge says prosecution has a strong case.

It's possible the evidence we have not seen is more compelling than what we have seen.
To revoke bond due to misleading them on their finances...not the murder case...from that quote they are separate and not one and the same

airdata

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2010
What happened to the evidence dump that was announced?

DSC_0085_20120517174454_640_480.JPG

DSC_0077_20120517174410_640_480.JPG

DSC_0043_20120517174035_640_480.JPG

DSCN0253_20120517174517_640_480.JPG

Tom

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
There's plenty of evidence we already know about to convict, and no evidence that supports Zimmerman's version of events to the exclusion of other equally plausible scenarios.

So it comes down to whether a jury or judge believes Zimmerman. As far as evidence is concerned.

Even if they accept his version, its possible he could be convicted. In this case there's a pretty fine line between self-defense, and having a pre-conceived notion of the character of the person who punched him in the nose which could have led to a rash decision.

Shooting someone out of frustration or anger isn't self-defense, if a jury thinks thats a more reasonable likelihood than a real fear for his life.

corwin

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2006
There's plenty of evidence we already know about to convict, and no evidence that supports Zimmerman's version of events to the exclusion of other equally plausible scenarios.

So it comes down to whether a jury or judge believes Zimmerman. As far as evidence is concerned.

Even if they accept his version, its possible he could be convicted. In this case there's a pretty fine line between self-defense, and having a pre-conceived notion of the character of the person who punched him in the nose which could have led to a rash decision.

Shooting someone out of frustration or anger isn't self-defense, if a jury thinks thats a more reasonable likelihood than a real fear for his life.
You do realize that what you're describing is reasonable doubt right? Even if you want to ignore the fact that he shot someone who was on top of him and had already assaulted him there's no sane person who could say beyond a reasonable doubt he was guilty...of course arguing sanity with your side is pointless

corwin

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2006
Shooting someone because you're being attacked is self-defense.
You forget, they were just love pats after all, no real harm done, any reasonable person would have just laid there and let him beat on them until he got tired, any stranger who breaks your nose and knocks you to the ground and keeps beating you isn't really trying to hurt or kill you and if you think so you're a fool:rolleyes:

Tom

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
You do realize that what you're describing is reasonable doubt right? Even if you want to ignore the fact that he shot someone who was on top of him and had already assaulted him there's no sane person who could say beyond a reasonable doubt he was guilty...of course arguing sanity with your side is pointless

Accepting or not accepting Zimmerman's version is not where reasonable doubt comes into play.

That seems to be a big misconception IMO.

The jury has to find beyond a reasonable doubt that a reasonable person had to shoot Martin in self-defense.

Zimmerman's statement only matters to the extent the jury finds it to be reliable evidence to support that. There's no requirement to give it any benefit of the doubt.