Unarmed black 17 year old shot by Neighborhood watch captain in gated community...

Page 1038 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
May 13, 2009
It won't hurt for the Zimmerman's to apologize to the judge for not being truthful and explaining why they weren't truthful. I feel this judge is fair enough that he will consider their circumstances as well their apology when he decides whether to allow GZ out on bail again..

Consider their circumstances? lol! You're too much. Did it ever occur to you Z brought this on himself? Most rational people aren't playing superhero comic book style and shooting unarmed people.

If Z can put a gun to the young mans chest and shoot him why couldn't he just point the gun and say see kid I got you now get the F off of me? This is not a hero. He's a coward.

corwin

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2006
Consider their circumstances? lol! You're too much. Did it ever occur to you Z brought this on himself? Most rational people aren't playing superhero comic book style and shooting unarmed people.

If Z can put a gun to the young mans chest and shoot him why couldn't he just point the gun and say see kid I got you now get the F off of me? This is not a hero. He's a coward.
And you're a fool with no common sense or knowledge of the law or reality for that matter...but we figured that out long ago I guess and shouldn't be surprised by your flawed illogical rants

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net

Obviously you don't understand the law, do that here in Texas and you will go to jail for brandishing your weapon.

May 13, 2009
And you're a fool with no common sense or knowledge of the law or reality for that matter...but we figured that out long ago I guess and shouldn't be surprised by your flawed illogical rants

You didn't answer me about why Z couldn't of told the kid I got the gun to your chest now back up off me son? Why did he choose to take a life that night?

May 13, 2009
Obviously you don't understand the law, do that here in Texas and you will go to jail for brandishing your weapon.

Under the circumstances which you guys claim "he was being beaten about the head while on his back" no judge or jury in America would charge him.
So tell me again why Georgie decided to murder that night?

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
Here's why you never brandish a weapon. For someone is from Texas you sure are ignorant of the laws of the state.

http://www.austin-criminal-lawyer.com/brandishing-a-weapon.aspx

Brandishing a Weapon

Texas has many legal provisions that allow an individual to carry a weapon, including a firearm, with a permit. The idea behind allowing people to own and carry a weapon is that, should the need arise, they have the ability to defend themselves.

However, there are certain restrictions surrounding when you may display and use your weapon. Whenever you point any weapon at another person, you are brandishing a weapon. If you brandish a weapon, even in self-defense, you may find yourself facing assault charges.

Assault and Aggravated Assault

Assault is defined as the intentional act of threatening to injure a person. Brandishing a weapon falls firmly under the definition of assault. If a firearm or other deadly weapon is used, the charge is elevated to aggravated assault, a felony in Texas. Even if you were acting in self-defense by brandishing a firearm, you could still be at risk of being convicted for aggravated assault.

Pulling a firearm on someone without firing it suggests that the gun was not necessary and that you did not fear for your life, because if you had you would have pulled the trigger. Fighting an aggravated assault charge with the self-defense doctrine can therefore be a difficult argument to make in court.

corwin

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2006
You didn't answer me about why Z couldn't of told the kid I got the gun to your chest now back up off me son? Why did he choose to take a life that night?
Because he wasn't a fool, you don't pull a weapon and not use it, ever...you only draw if you have to use it period. How much more simply can that be stated to you?

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
Then use your mind, or just stop by and see me sometime, I'd be glad to show you I can draw and shoot you square in the chest when you're on top of me:D

Blah Blah Blah...he allowed his wife to lie, derp

And he ain't my hero

One thing is for sure. If you are ever in a postion where you are on ur back and I'm looking down on you and I see you have a gun. THere is ABSOLUTELY no chance you will be in a position to take ocntrol of it. Let alone pull it and shoot me in the chest. That is a guarantee buddy. So, pls remove that scenario from your thoughts.

Such a Noble man. Let his wife lie for him. I see why he's ur hero.

OCNewbie

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2000

This falls into one of the "unknowns", unless you believe GZ's story (which I do, at this point). GZ didn't casually place the gun against TM's chest. TM went for GZ's gun, a struggle ensued, and in that struggle, TM was shot. When a stranger is straddling you, beating on you for over a minute, then he goes for your gun, you're probably inclined to believe that stranger means to kill you with that gun. So in a life or death situation, as this obviously was, I imagine you're not thinking quite as clearly about all the possible ways out of a situation as you would be sitting in a comfy chair typing on your computer.

corwin

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2006
Under the circumstances which you guys claim "he was being beaten about the head while on his back" no judge or jury in America would charge him.
So tell me again why Georgie decided to murder that night?
Judges and juries don't charge anyone of anything...an overzealous politically motivated charge was brought about by a dipshit prosecutor brought in for that reason alone

May 13, 2009
He would have been charged in Texas for pulling his weapon and not using it.

So instead of facing a brandishing a weapon charge (which I believe he'd never been charged of) he decides he better kill the boy to avoid the charges? Is that what you're saying? Btw did this happen in Texas? I could of swore it was Florida. :confused:

corwin

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2006
One thing is for sure. If you are ever in a postion where you are on ur back and I'm looking down on you and I see you have a gun. THere is ABSOLUTELY no chance you will be in a position to take ocntrol of it. Let alone pull it and shoot me in the chest. That is a guarantee buddy. So, pls remove that scenario from your thoughts.

Such a Noble man. Let his wife lie for him. I see why he's ur hero.
HAHAHAHAHAHA...more fantasies of yours, keep thinking that my good sir, but to be honest I don't see you as the type of person who would ever put yourself in the same position that T chose that night so you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
Judges and juries don't charge anyone of anything...an overzealous politically motivated charge was brought about by a dipshit prosecutor brought in for that reason alone

No jury would convict.

But in your sick world, it's more efficient to kill someone than spare a life. Nice set of morals you have theere.

Last edited:

corwin

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2006
Judges and Juries would find him guilty and no jury would convict.

But in your sick world, it's more efficient to kill someone than spare a life. Nice set of morals you have theere.
Your first sentence is unrecognizable...not sure what you're trying to say there. But in any case this should be seen as what it is, a lesson not to go around picking fights cause you might just pick the wrong person and end up dead

corwin

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2006
So instead of facing a brandishing a weapon charge (which I believe he'd never been charged of) he decides he better kill the boy to avoid the charges? Is that what you're saying? Btw did this happen in Texas? I could of swore it was Florida.
No he decided there was a credible threat to his life and or (more) great bodily injury so he didn't take the chance the stupid punk would continue to try to take his gun away...if you're not prepared to fire then you don't draw, period. And the laws in most every state are pretty clear on that, especially here in Texas;)

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
HAHAHAHAHAHA...more fantasies of yours, keep thinking that my good sir, but to be honest I don't see you as the type of person who would ever put yourself in the same position that T chose that night so you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

It's just not happening. I did take your inital post as a veiled threat since I don't joke about shooting people. We live in different worlds man. And I'm just letting you, I'm not the one.

OCNewbie

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2000
Then how did he get the gun out initially if both elbows were flanked to the side?

Do we know?
1.) Where Zimm was wearing the holseter?
2.) If Zimm was Right or Left handed?

I was referring to where his elbows were during the struggle for the gun (and likely when the shot took place), at least this is my assumption. I imagine, initially, TM may have grabbed at GZ's gun, and then GZ (arms more extended) was able to get it out of the holster, or perhaps both of their combined struggling forces were able to remove it from the holster. If the struggle for the gun was tug-of-war style, both parties would have the best leverage if their own hands were closest to their own bodies, which would require their elbows to be flanked to their sides. In this scenario, both parties having their own hands close to their bodies, this would have TM's chest closer, and more parallel with GZ's.

1.) I'm not sure.
2.) Dunno

corwin

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2006
It's just not happening. I did take your inital post as a veiled threat since I don't joke about shooting people. We live in different worlds man. And I'm just letting you, I'm not the one.
You're a fool if you think it was a veiled threat, it was a simple offer to demonstrate since you can't figure out how to imagine the possibilities, and not once did I say I'd actually shoot you as it's not something I joke about either...and we live in the same world my friend, one in which "kids" are killing people every single day all over the country

Druidx

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
I honestly don't care all that much about their intentions there, I can guess why which is basically what you're saying but I can't get behind the lie itself regardless of intention...though I think they can get around any real penalties for it on technicalities...besides, how often is anyone really charged with perjury anyway? Shit happens all the damn time sadly...
I'm predicting they will claim ignorance and say they weren't sure if the money COULD be used for bail.

Druidx

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002

From the sound of the 911 call he was to busy screaming for help. Honestly I doubt he had the presence of mind to try and warn someone while they are in the process of attacking him. It's easy to sit back in hindsight and calmly discuss all the possible alternatives. The chance a single shot would instantly kill TM is on the low side. For me personally, the fact GZ only fired a single shot goes a long way to show his intention was not to kill TM.

For the person who asked about the holster, it's the kind used to carry inside the waistband on the hip.

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
So instead of facing a brandishing a weapon charge (which I believe he'd never been charged of) he decides he better kill the boy to avoid the charges? Is that what you're saying? Btw did this happen in Texas? I could of swore it was Florida. :confused:

Most all states have laws for brandishing a weapon. It's the same thing for firing a warning shot*. Doing either shows the court that you weren't in imminent danger of great bodily harm or death. If GZ was taught the same things I was in my concealed weapons course in both Virginia and Texas you do not un-holster your weapon unless you feel you have no other choice. If it's true that TM attempted to gain control of the pistol then GZ was well within his rights to shoot TM in self defense. Even if during the fight he felt he was in imminent danger of great bodily harm or death he was also with in his rights to meet force with force that includes deadly force.

None the less the prosecution must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that GZ's use of force was unlawful. The burden of proof is on the prosecution and not GZ.

*Here's the result of firing a warning shot in Florida.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-florida-warning-shot-0120511,0,6754859.story

Marissa Alexander, 31, had been convicted of three counts or aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. Alexander, who is African American, has said she fired the gun in the August 2010 incident as a warning to her husband, Rico Gray, 36. Gray’s two sons were in the room at the time, but no one was injured.
Alexander had earlier cited the “stand your ground” law, which allows the use of deadly force in some life-threatening situations.