Unarmed 22 year old white mother killed over cigarettes

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
Using pseudoscience and testorone studies on cancer rates to justify a bias sure is an interesting tactic...

Nonetheless, I applaud your attempts and mixing gut feelings with zero peer reviewed studies (and your keen powers of biological observation...who knew?)

Well here is my PSA of the day for ya:

http://skepticsplay.blogspot.com/2010/11/naturenurture-and-causality.html

http://skepticsplay.blogspot.com/2010/07/women-and-causality.html

http://skepticsplay.blogspot.com/2010/09/responsibility-and-causality.html

Good attempt at rationalizing his behavior to him. I just go with derision at this point.

Apr 27, 2012
The irony is strong in this post.

But spidey is right about one thing, racists are in this thread, it's just that it's spidey himself that is the racist.

How is he a racist, The racism is coming from the usual suspects.

A white woman was killed by a black and hispanic:confused: and the usual suspects aren't denouncing and crying racism

Todd33

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2003
Well the resident racist has some new red meat for his followers. Glad the title tells me she is white so I can get even more angry.

CitizenKain

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2000

A white woman was killed by a black and hispanic:confused: and the usual suspects aren't denouncing and crying racism

I shouldn't be surprised you aren't smart enough to figure this out on your own, but the reason that this isn't some huge uproar is the suspects are known, they will be caught, and because they are minorities, will be tried as adults.
I know critical thinking is hard for you righties, but do give it a try sometime.

Sep 7, 2009
I shouldn't be surprised you aren't smart enough to figure this out on your own, but the reason that this isn't some huge uproar is the suspects are known, they will be caught, and because they are minorities, will be tried as adults.
I know critical thinking is hard for you righties, but do give it a try sometime.

ROFL

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

I'll explain it slooooowly.....

In the Dunn case the only cries of racism were posters excusing Dunn while automatically finding kids in car guilty even if stuff had to be made up.

If you check the posts nobody accused Dunn of killing because he is racist.

I think you are too much of a believer of the CEC. Falling into the pattern of false premises

Jan 25, 2011
Well the resident racist has some new red meat for his followers. Glad the title tells me she is white so I can get even more angry.

I'll be one of the last to defend spidey but the title is just a spoof on the Martin thread. Pretty much word for word in the beginning.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004

Wow, so spidey has yet another new poster following him around and wiping his ass for him? This is an odd practice all the 'new guys' have developed...

"usual suspects" indeed :rolleyes:

Sep 7, 2009

In the Dunn case the only cries of racism were posters excusing Dunn while automatically finding kids in car guilty even if stuff had to be made up.

I think you are too much of a believer of the CEC. Falling into the pattern of false premises

Actually, if you read through the actual posts without your bias, the vast majority of the people screaming racism (the crumponites) are by far the most racist people on the forum.

They continually associate thug with blacks, violence with blacks, it's disgusting.

Apr 27, 2012

I never commented on that case.

The problem I have is that there are racist attacks on whites by blacks and the media and members here dont like to mention this

More whites are killed by blacks and most blacks are killed by blacks, yet where is the outrage over this.

The media probably wont even talk about this case

http://townhall.com/columnists/walt.../should_black_people_tolerate_this/page/full/

Dr. Zaus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2008
but I just don't think it's practical.
I recognize the pragmatic value of the practical rationality you set forth to utilize. I feel, though, that in attempting to be pragmatic in your understanding you've lost whether or not a distinction (ie skin collor) has a true practical value as a judgment marker.

things like 15% higher testosterone on average start to assert itself.
Things like that become visible; but then figuring out if what is visible is making a practical differences becomes much harder to judge.
MANY jokes by black comedians.
I, also, recognize that a way to gain a more honest insight into a population is to see what kind of stories/jokes they ascribe to/find funny. Despite this, stories/jokes exaggerated minor differences and make no distinction regarding what has lead to the final state that you see.

But this can be problematic as building a network of supporting 'fact', all of which may be wrong, creates a mindset that can't be overcome by disproving any of those 'facts'. This is how a faith is built and defended: the fog of belief chews up pointed questions; but if you want the answers, you've got to be ready to throw away all of what you believe if countervailing information comes before you.

Biology sets the boundaries. For instance, someone born with Down Syndrome
Sometimes it sets boundaries (no frontal lobe); sometimes it skews (alcoholism runs in the family); sometimes it is irrelevant (ear size)

hundred grams or so of brain weight on average is just going to be meaningless?
The problem with finer distinctions is that they interact in complex ways. To link 'brain size' to 'intelligence' you'll have to start with what part of the brain, why is that being 'bigger' 'better' and then figure out how that 'better' interacts with the rest of the brain. If you get into neuro-psych, which is what my wife is writing her dissertation on, you'll find that brain-structures are rarely deterministic of how one thinks unless there's something missing. IE making the pre-frontal cortex being larger does not make someone better at thinking, even on average.

Egalitarians who argue vs. race realists on YouTube,
I am, indeed, an egalitarian; and I feel that a so-called "race realist" has a grave misunderstanding of how socially constructed things like "race" and "religion" come into being. When you start breaking it down, you'll find that there's more diversity within whites (Irish v. Germans; one WAS-american family v. another) than there is between groups (Chinese v. Indians). So, while you think you are being a realist, you are actually being un-realistic in attributing to all of a group, aspects that vary widely within that group.

well we don't know the exact genes involved so we can't say anything about it yet.
Actually, what I'm trying to do is apply the same rules we use for any other scientific data to race data. If we find that there's significantly greater variation within a group (error) than between groups (effect size) then we aren't justified in concluding that there is a significant difference between groups: (ie there's so much range in each group (whites) that finding an 'average' difference between groups is not something we can say is a reliable difference.

CitizenKain

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2000
Actually, if you read through the actual posts without your bias, the vast majority of the people screaming racism (the crumponites) are by far the most racist people on the forum.

They continually associate thug with blacks, violence with blacks, it's disgusting.

Do you have a personality disorder? You constantly claim that a teenager is a "thuglet" or acting "thuggish" when he is sitting in a car. I imagine you are in a constant struggle to not just go full out on racial slurs.

shadow9d9

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
It's amazing, isn't it. IMO a few short years ago some of these guys wouldn't have lasted a week without the banstick crashing down on them. I feel uncomfortable reading their quasi racist bullshit and I am as lily white as they come.

When they stopped moderating this forum, things did get worse.. but even beforehand people skirted the line.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I'm so so glad spidey made it a point to notify me that the victim was white.

I would not have been properly outraged over this.

Otherwise, I might be suckered into reading about some black on black murders that occur to equally young innocent women for equally dumb reasons in ghetto neighborhoods that I'd rather not hear about.

Sep 7, 2009
When they stopped moderating this forum, things did get worse.. but even beforehand people skirted the line.

That is extremely offensive, and a borderline mod call-out.

Just because someone has views that differ from yours does not make them racist. While there are some... close calls... I have not seen any blatant racism other than the people who scream "RACIST" anytime 'their side' is starting to lose.

The mods on this forum are very fair. When actual racism occurs it is immediately stopped and the person infracted.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
We now have an interesting juxtaposition. As more info comes out on the Oregon shooter, we now have...

bfb481bfdef9b04f8a31944c4359a8c4_623x312.jpg

fbshootergun_.jpg

We have yet to hear from the usual cast of characters willing to label this guy and people like him as criminals or thu...., go ahead Spidey, spatial, say it. What's the matter? Just not quite the right type of person for you? I'm sure in their eyes this guy is just an american citizen exercising his 2nd amendment rights. He's just misunderstood.

However below these guys are automatically thugs/criminals
uploadedhrsafter.jpg

Allow me for a moment to play the role of crazy racist kook...

Folks we know what we have here. Minorities in this country must take up arms against these GOP, NRA loving red state rednecks. These people glorifying shooting and the gun culture need to be taken out.

Ok back to reality. Just proving a point.

Sep 7, 2009
Do you really not understand the difference between known thugs pointing guns at a camera and some psycho mentally ill kid at a shooting range??

No kidding you have an agenda...that's very clear.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Tom

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
gun=power.

true or not, its interesting that young "thugs" and the people who feel the need to arm themselves to defend against them, both buy into the same belief.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Do you really not understand the difference between known thugs pointing guns at a camera and some psycho mentally ill kid at a shooting range??

No kidding you have an agenda...that's very clear.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

What I am saying is people like you assume guilt based on a profile while ignoring evidence to the contrary.

That post was a role. You are serious and possibly unstable.

BTW - I find it interesting you think its possible to discern criminal proclivities and sanity from a single picture.

Last edited:

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
That is extremely offensive, and a borderline mod call-out.

Just because someone has views that differ from yours does not make them racist. While there are some... close calls... I have not seen any blatant racism other than the people who scream "RACIST" anytime 'their side' is starting to lose.

The mods on this forum are very fair. When actual racism occurs it is immediately stopped and the person infracted.

Your views are not different. YOU ARE FRACKING RACIST and everyone except the other racist pricks can see that. And stick it with the borderline modcall out bs too, you are just trying to put a spin on what he was saying to try and get him in trouble.

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
Ah if only everyone on the other side could be like DixyCrat, interested in actually addressing the arguments at hand rather than constantly dwelling in the realm of personal insult, and theorizing about peoples' motivations and personal character, and why it is they are putting forth their arguments... never taking them at their word for their beliefs on anything, in favor of always going with accusations of "racism" or mental illness or deception...

The basic breakdown of any post from umbrella, classy, emperus, and countless others:

Yea right, say what you will but I know you're a racist. I also miss the days back when freedom of speech and ideas weren't as strong here as they are now, and someone like you, whom I disagree with, would be silenced so I don't have to hear it. Yes I do have an ignore feature... and make no mistake, I'm more than cowardly enough to use that as a method to block out views I don't like to be challenged with... but I wouldn't feel nearly as fulfilled doing that, as seeing you unable to express these views to ANYONE (and let's be honest, I'd just end up clicking each of your posts to read them anyway). I'm not just worried about my own delicate sensibilities, I'm worried about someone like you getting to talk AT ALL. You might convince someone else...

Oh and did I almost forget to mention, I think you're a liar, an insecure person who fantasizes about killing people IRL, an impostor, a returning banned poster from years gone by... and also a sock account. Are some of these concepts contradictory, making it illogical to claim one person is all of them at once? Yes, but I don't really care. This is more about an insult barrage to distract from my inability to address what you've said.

Whereas DixyCrat, though I don't agree with all of his criticisms of what I've said, actually addressed the arguments and made legitimate points. I don't dismiss the points he makes and their potential problems they create for some of my theories, and I appreciate the feedback.

Classy, Umbrella, emperus, Homer, CitizenKain, and others... please take DixyCrat as an example. Improve yourselves.

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
Ah if only everyone on the other side could be like DixyCrat, interested in actually addressing the arguments at hand rather than constantly dwelling in the realm of personal insult, and theorizing about peoples' motivations and personal character, and why it is they are putting forth their arguments... never taking them at their word for their beliefs on anything, in favor of always going with accusations of "racism" or mental illness or deception...

The basic breakdown of any post from umbrella, classy, emperus, and countless others:

Whereas DixyCrat, though I don't agree with all of his criticisms of what I've said, actually addressed the arguments and made legitimate points. I don't dismiss the points he makes and their potential problems they create for some of my theories, and I appreciate the feedback.

Classy, Umbrella, emperus, Homer, CitizenKain, and others... please take DixyCrat as an example. Improve yourselves.

Kiss my ass.

The fact is many have addressed the arguments in all these threads. But the ruth is you are not concerned with arguments, you are bent on proving how evil a black person is. Thats the point, plain and simple. I give spidey credit, at least he ain't afraid to admit what he really is.

Sep 7, 2009
Your views are not different. YOU ARE FRACKING RACIST and everyone except the other racist pricks can see that. And stick it with the borderline modcall out bs too, you are just trying to put a spin on what he was saying to try and get him in trouble.

There is no issue with the moderation. No one here is being outright racist, except according to people who look at the world with racist blinders/glasses on. Don't get what you want? RACIST. What a pathetic way of going through life.

It's like I said in the last thread you hijacked with your accusations, it's really not healthy (both for you personally and for the progression of society) for you to look around trying to apply that racist label anywhere you think it might fit. You are wrong 99% of the time, and you end up full of hate and angst.

You really need to get a handle on that temper of yours. It might get you hurt one day.