Unarmed 22 year old white mother killed over cigarettes

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
Do you think a group of people can have an average 15% higher level of testosterone than another group, and for that to somehow not have ANY impact on behavioral patterns of those two groups as compared to one another?

Please answer.

Also, please answer this:

If I acknowledge the fact that women are on average smaller in stature and lower in physical strength than men, and thus assert that I don't think women should be frontline soldiers or NFL players, or should do inter-gender boxing with men... does this make me a sexist and someone who wants to kill all women?

PLEASE answer, I will greatly appreciate it if you do.

Also can you comment on what impact, if any, the information in question being the TRUTH has on whether acknowledging it makes the person a racist or sexist?

Man FU. I can't believe you can constantly just post all the anti-black crap and get away with it. Kiss my ^&*&^

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
Man FU. I can't believe you can constantly just post all the anti-black crap and get away with it. Kiss my ^&*&^

In a round about way, you may have answered my question :)

Person 1: "What do you think the impacts of 15% more testosterone on average with regards to black temperament might be?"

Person 2: "Man, fuck you! Kiss my ass!"

Btw classy, I want you to know I have absolutely no ill will toward you at all. I fully understand why someone like me discussing shit like this irritates you. I'm afraid I can't let that be enough to stop me. I feel these are important topics.

I don't blame you one bit for hating me, have at it. You have my full blessing. I just want you to know there is no hate at all in the other direction.

I'm having a bit of fun with you, though.

Last edited:

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
poor girl. almost wish i was there. i might be dead but at least one of those kids would be too.

They Live

Oct 23, 2012
I agree, it's really disgusting how airdata/dari, umbrella, pens, classy, hateme, they live, and the rest of the crumponite crew start screaming about white vs black anytime there is a situation involving a thug (no matter the color)

IMHO there should be rules which explicitly forbid this sort of vile behaviour as it is the very epitome of racism.

How can I be part of that "crew" when I have said the evidence supports DatNiggyTb's self defense claim?

The only things I have said is that DatNiggyTb is not credible, and has a history of acting like a thug. That doesn't matter though, because thugs/wannabe thugs have a right to self defense.

Look at Ryon Mcintosh. He's a former thug who had every right to defend himself when two lesbians jumped the counter and were threatening to kick his ass.

Last edited:

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Pictures of the murders.

uploadedhrsafter.jpg

Dumbasses have their finger on the trigger of most likely a loaded gun and are pointing it at the person taking the picture.

About 2 a.m. Sunday -- less than 12 hours after the shooting -- a blurry photo of two boys pointing guns at the camera was uploaded to Todavia's Facebook page. Todavia's profile picture shows a boy brandishing two guns -- a semi-automatic pistol and a revolver.

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories...eaver-falls-killing-charged-as-adults-665750/

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Obviously crazy bitches shouldn't be allowed on the street to threaten innocent young kids. She comitted a crime of threating the kids lives and got capped.

Next time she won't commit crimes of threstening the lives of people.

Kids have a right to stand their ground!!

Maybe more of you will learn your lesson

BTW - Who disposed of the crazy womans gun?? She obviously had one and was threatening those kids!!!!

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
Do you think a group of people can have an average 15% higher level of testosterone than another group, and for that to somehow not have ANY impact on behavioral patterns of those two groups as compared to one another?

Please answer.

Also, please answer this:

If I acknowledge the fact that women are on average smaller in stature and lower in physical strength than men, and thus assert that I don't think women should be frontline soldiers or NFL players, or should do inter-gender boxing with men... does this make me a sexist and someone who wants to kill all women?

PLEASE answer, I will greatly appreciate it if you do.

Also can you comment on what impact, if any, the information in question being the TRUTH has on whether acknowledging it makes the person a racist or sexist?

You are the most racist piece of excrement I have ever met... and that is saying a lot.

Dr. Zaus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2008
Blacks are also taller; but this does not mean that they will make better leaders.

results indicating that physical height is significantly related to measures of social esteem (ˆ  .41), leader emergence (ˆ  .24), and performance (ˆ  .18). Height was somewhat more strongly related to success for men (ˆ  .29) than for women (ˆ  .21),
http://faculty.washington.edu/mdj3/MGMT580/Readings/Week 1/Judge.pdf

What I'm saying is that from a rational/logical perspective:

Just because something is "related" doesn't mean that the relationship is causal, that the causality is in the direction that you think, that a third factor didn't create both outcomes, or that there are many other contexts in which the relation does not hold. Finding honest scientific evidence that testosterone correlates with agressive behavior in such a way as does not violate any of the aforementioned problems with assuming that correlation is causation is the job of any thinking person trying to understand a problem.

Further, just because a distribution is higher on average doesn't mean that it applies to the population. Look at this graph:
testostero65644.png

It would have an 'average' testosterone for the black line as higher than almost everyone on the pink line; but the potential for super-high testosterone is higher for the ping graph and well over 3/5ths of the population on the black line are below the average of the pink line.

This small cluster of outliers would not only throw off all the "statistics" done with the group, but would also create a cluster of news-stories that people would inappropriately use to update their beliefs about the entire group.

Further; there may be limits to the effects of testosterone on human behavior. It might be something that leads to more violent behavior when it is doubled or tripled, and an increase of 15% has a statistically insignificant impact on violent behavior.

I assume that people are more than animals reacting to their environment; that we all have a great deal of human potential that institutional pressures (like the government, organized religion, and big-business) have a tendency to take from us. Everyone wants to be respected, aslong as you can survive it doesn't matter how much money you make if you feel that your are respected in your job and you have the ability to make the kind of positive change for you see as right, then you respect yourself, are respected for your ability, and respected by your community.

When institutional pressures remove that human dignity (in this case by paying people to be poor, among other social-influences) then they lose that self-respect, lose the dignity of a productive job, and must seek respect and recognition through other venues.

There's nothing genetic about the plight of the poor; ideological super structures have influenced the material condition infrastructure such that other paths to being respected and recognized must be pressured.

There is a great deal of human potential in everyone; what we need is for self serving institutional actors to get out of the way of that.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Breaking News. Armed gunman with semi-auto weapon opened fire in a Portland Oregon mall killing at least 3. Gunman has been neutralized.

Guarentee we are dealing with another crazy white guy. Probably pissed Obama was reelected.

THIS IS WHAT WE ARE DEALING WITH FOLKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004

It's amazing, isn't it. IMO a few short years ago some of these guys wouldn't have lasted a week without the banstick crashing down on them. I feel uncomfortable reading their quasi racist bullshit and I am as lily white as they come.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
You mean like American blacks and liberals thinking blacks dont have to abide American laws cuz their ancestors suffered?

Probably the stupidest thing I have seen posted in this thread (if you actually believe it)...

Last edited:

They Live

Oct 23, 2012
Breaking News. Armed gunman with semi-auto weapon opened fire in a Portland Oregon mall killing at least 3. Gunman has been neutralized.

Guarentee we are dealing with another crazy white guy. Probably pissed Obama was reelected.

THIS IS WHAT WE ARE DEALING WITH FOLKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He obviously had mental problems, but in no way shape or form was he a thug.

CitizenKain

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2000
It's amazing, isn't it. IMO a few short years ago some of these guys wouldn't have lasted a week without the banstick crashing down on them. I feel uncomfortable reading their quasi racist bullshit and I am as lily white as they come.

You should come by and visit the Something Awful forums, racist trash gets ran out really quick. Plus there is a fee to join, so they tend to stay gone.

abaez

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2000
Obviously crazy bitches shouldn't be allowed on the street to threaten innocent young kids. She comitted a crime of threating the kids lives and got capped.

Next time she won't commit crimes of threstening the lives of people.

Kids have a right to stand their ground!!

Maybe more of you will learn your lesson

BTW - Who disposed of the crazy womans gun?? She obviously had one and was threatening those kids!!!!

Tru dat. Can't believe people are defending her. Why would they shoot over some cigarettes? I am positive they had a gun or threatened to have one and he or she said something back and they feared for their lives.

Edit: And tossed the gun after.

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
Just because something is "related" doesn't mean that the relationship is causal, that the causality is in the direction that you think, that a third factor didn't create both outcomes, or that there are many other contexts in which the relation does not hold. Finding honest scientific evidence that testosterone correlates with aggressive behavior in such a way as does not violate any of the aforementioned problems with assuming that correlation is causation is the job of any thinking person trying to understand a problem.

This small cluster of outliers would not only throw off all the "statistics" done with the group, but would also create a cluster of news-stories that people would inappropriately use to update their beliefs about the entire group.

I assume that people are more than animals reacting to their environment; that we all have a great deal of human potential that institutional pressures (like the government, organized religion, and big-business) have a tendency to take from us. Everyone wants to be respected, aslong as you can survive it doesn't matter how much money you make if you feel that your are respected in your job and you have the ability to make the kind of positive change for you see as right, then you respect yourself, are respected for your ability, and respected by your community.

When institutional pressures remove that human dignity (in this case by paying people to be poor, among other social-influences) then they lose that self-respect, lose the dignity of a productive job, and must seek respect and recognition through other venues.

There's nothing genetic about the plight of the poor; ideological super structures have influenced the material condition infrastructure such that other paths to being respected and recognized must be pressured.

There is a great deal of human potential in everyone; what we need is for self serving institutional actors to get out of the way of that.

First off I want to thank you for your thoughtful, detailed reply. I may not address everything in it to your full satisfaction, but let me hit on a few points.

- I'm absolutely aware that there would be plenty of instances of individual whites with more testosterone than individual blacks. I'm sure you think it's preferable to judge all people on a case by case, individual basis. I agree, but I just don't think it's practical. When establishing social policy, immigration policy, etc... we tend to zoom out and look at the very big picture. I think when you do that, is when you see things like 15% higher testosterone on average start to assert itself. So, if you stay too zoomed in, you will keep getting thrown off by individual exceptions... zoom way out, and the trends become clear.

Is there a common perception among average people that blacks are more aggressive than whites? Absolutely. A great deal of humor by black comedians, for instance, is based on this. It is often a point of pride. Typically framed in a "don't take any shit from anyone" type of way. Or poking fun at the timidity of whites, the stayed, proper, docile, and more effeminate nature of whites is the target of MANY jokes by black comedians. The shorter fuse, worse temper, tendency to rush to a violent solution among blacks are also a source of many jokes by black comedians. Somewhat by other comedians too but they are more careful about it.

Do I think referencing average peoples' anecdotal perceptions is equal to hard scientific proof? Of course not, but it isn't to just be ignored. And when it matches up very well with some biological facts... I think it gains credibility.

In addition to aggression, a deeper voice is also associated with testosterone. Blacks actually do have a deeper voice on average than whites, and this isn't just a cultural thing. There are always exceptions, but again... you zoom out, overall blacks have deeper voices than whites. This fits perfectly with the 15% greater testosterone level on average. This is why they almost always hire black actors to voice black characters in cartoons or video games, etc. TYPICALLY black voices are very recognizably distinct from white voices. And *not* just for cultural reasons (though that does play into it.)

You said "we all have a great deal of human potential" - and there's merit to this, and yes none of us will EVER live a life that fully calls upon all that we could have done... under the right circumstances and pressures. I agree to an extent.

Surely, though... you would not assert that all of us have exactly equal potential to go in any and all directions to any and all degrees. Biology sets the boundaries. For instance, someone born with Down Syndrome or some other form of pronounced mental impairment, clearly does not have as much potential in many, many endeavors as does someone born without said impairments. Even if that Down Syndrome sufferer did have far more potential to do certain things than life ever called upon.

Nobody can deny that, nobody bothers to deny that... because it's undeniable. Once you get into finer distinctions though, like Asians having brains which are on average somewhat heavier than Caucasian brains, people want to try to act like that is meaningless. It just isn't. Biological differences like that have real consequences in cognitive potential.

People know when distinctions are finer they can hide behind the greater level of detail required to look at the issue, and use it as cover for fairy tale thinking about magical equality. Nature does not do equality.

I agree with you about incentivising poverty and it's impact on self-esteem, choices, etc.

Tell me this, do you honestly think as we move to a more and more technological, knowledge-based, information-based world... that a hundred grams or so of brain weight on average is just going to be meaningless? That when the less intellect-heavy jobs pay far less... that biology can still be said to be meaningless to poverty as you said?

Anyway... I want to thank you again for your reply. Particularly because so many others just toss insults, bemoan the fact that I'm even allowed to discuss these ideas here and pine for the days of greater censorship (which I've always felt is one of the most vile characteristics a person can have, a desire to silence others...) yet you actually make an effort to be civil and discuss this issue in a legitimate way. I appreciate that.

That said, I do sort of feel like a lot of what you're saying is similar to a tactic I've seen many times before. Egalitarians who argue vs. race realists on YouTube, for instance, very frequently will sort of just throw everything at the wall and say "there are too many factors, it's too complex, no conclusions can be drawn" I really feel this is just a distraction tactic. Of course one must always be cautious not to be too simplistic, but if that same standard of "well we don't know the exact genes involved so we can't say anything about it yet." were applied and always had been, we'd never get anywhere on a lot of important questions.

I think the assertion that observed biological differences between groups, which match up VERY well with common stereotypes about behavior, etc, are in fact connected... is not an unreasonable position. Provided of course, the person holding it is willing to set it aside if it were to be truly disproved. As should always be the case.

Last edited:

zanejohnson

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2002
if only these kids could have been allowed to learn to grow great cannibus instead id bet theyd be doing that instead, probably would have never started smoking tobacco, hell theyd probably made enough money to buy smokes themselves if they wanted to...instead now they are nothing but a statistic

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
He said he’s gotten calls of condolences and apologies from the families of the boys.
Too little, too late. If these little fuck's parents were around giving them due attention they wouldn't be running the streets with an armed 14 year old like hooligans.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
They obviously felt threatened, so it was quite legal to shoot her in self defense.

Good shoot! :thumbsup:

She should stay in the house and make her husband sandwiches and stop running the streets threating people. Don't threaten people and you don't get capped

Good shoot!! :thumbsup:

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
First off I want to thank you for your thoughtful, detailed reply. I may not address everything in it to your full satisfaction, but let me hit on a few points.

- I'm absolutely aware that there would be plenty of instances of individual whites with more testosterone than individual blacks. I'm sure you think it's preferable to judge all people on a case by case, individual basis. I agree, but I just don't think it's practical. When establishing social policy, immigration policy, etc... we tend to zoom out and look at the very big picture. I think when you do that, is when you see things like 15% higher testosterone on average start to assert itself. So, if you stay too zoomed in, you will keep getting thrown off by individual exceptions... zoom way out, and the trends become clear.

Is there a common perception among average people that blacks are more aggressive than whites? Absolutely. A great deal of humor by black comedians, for instance, is based on this. It is often a point of pride. Typically framed in a "don't take any shit from anyone" type of way. Or poking fun at the timidity of whites, the stayed, proper, docile, and more effeminate nature of whites is the target of MANY jokes by black comedians. The shorter fuse, worse temper, tendency to rush to a violent solution among blacks are also a source of many jokes by black comedians. Somewhat by other comedians too but they are more careful about it.

Do I think referencing average peoples' anecdotal perceptions is equal to hard scientific proof? Of course not, but it isn't to just be ignored. And when it matches up very well with some biological facts... I think it gains credibility.

In addition to aggression, a deeper voice is also associated with testosterone. Blacks actually do have a deeper voice on average than whites, and this isn't just a cultural thing. There are always exceptions, but again... you zoom out, overall blacks have deeper voices than whites. This fits perfectly with the 15% greater testosterone level on average. This is why they almost always hire black actors to voice black characters in cartoons or video games, etc. TYPICALLY black voices are very recognizably distinct from white voices. And *not* just for cultural reasons (though that does play into it.)

You said "we all have a great deal of human potential" - and there's merit to this, and yes none of us will EVER live a life that fully calls upon all that we could have done... under the right circumstances and pressures. I agree to an extent.

Surely, though... you would not assert that all of us have exactly equal potential to go in any and all directions to any and all degrees. Biology sets the boundaries. For instance, someone born with Down Syndrome or some other form of pronounced mental impairment, clearly does not have as much potential in many, many endeavors as does someone born without said impairments. Even if that Down Syndrome sufferer did have far more potential to do certain things than life ever called upon.

Nobody can deny that, nobody bothers to deny that... because it's undeniable. Once you get into finer distinctions though, like Asians having brains which are on average somewhat heavier than Caucasian brains, people want to try to act like that is meaningless. It just isn't. Biological differences like that have real consequences in cognitive potential.

People know when distinctions are finer they can hide behind the greater level of detail required to look at the issue, and use it as cover for fairy tale thinking about magical equality. Nature does not do equality.

I agree with you about incentivising poverty and it's impact on self-esteem, choices, etc.

Tell me this, do you honestly think as we move to a more and more technological, knowledge-based, information-based world... that a hundred grams or so of brain weight on average is just going to be meaningless? That when the less intellect-heavy jobs pay far less... that biology can still be said to be meaningless to poverty as you said?

Anyway... I want to thank you again for your reply. Particularly because so many others just toss insults, bemoan the fact that I'm even allowed to discuss these ideas here and pine for the days of greater censorship (which I've always felt is one of the most vile characteristics a person can have, a desire to silence others...) yet you actually make an effort to be civil and discuss this issue in a legitimate way. I appreciate that.

That said, I do sort of feel like a lot of what you're saying is similar to a tactic I've seen many times before. Egalitarians who argue vs. race realists on YouTube, for instance, very frequently will sort of just throw everything at the wall and say "there are too many factors, it's too complex, no conclusions can be drawn" I really feel this is just a distraction tactic. Of course one must always be cautious not to be too simplistic, but if that same standard of "well we don't know the exact genes involved so we can't say anything about it yet." were applied and always had been, we'd never get anywhere on a lot of important questions.

I think the assertion that observed biological differences between groups, which match up VERY well with common stereotypes about behavior, etc, are in fact connected... is not an unreasonable position. Provided of course, the person holding it is willing to set it aside if it were to be truly disproved. As should always be the case.

Geo. You shouldn't really have gotten off your medication.

MooseNSquirrel

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2009
Because egalitarians who don't want to even entertain the notion of racial differences in behavior and cognitive ability are TOTALLY IMMUNE to confirmation bias!

And social liberals who don't want to connect the dots and come to the logical conclusions about crime statistics are also TOTALLY IMMUNE to confirmation bias!

Sorry, but nature doesn't do equality.

A species cannot divide into sub-species (races) for tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of years, and have everything about their external appearances change... but somehow, their minds and behavioral norms remain untouched. That's not how natural selection works. That shit is just as up for grabs as skin color, hair, etc.

Adapting to an agricultural lifestyle WILL influence the brain and behavioral patterns. Look up the studies that have shown the navigational centers of the brain shrunk after agriculture, because it was no longer necessary to survival once those groups were staying in one consistent location.

Btw, whites who first encountered the Inuit peoples told many anecdotal tales of them being able to keep track of where they were, and find things based on what the whites could not even perceive... but the Inuit regarded as landmarks, for centuries. Then, low and behold, we find out Inuit navigational centers in the brain are SUBSTANTIALLY LARGER. Coincidentally this is also the primary area that is larger in all males than females (who's going out and hunting etc? though nowadays it mostly just confers an advantage in video games) and also the area of the brain which accounts for much of the size of dolphin and whale brains (again, not surprising)

Who'd have thunk it? Physical structure of the brain... connected to cognitive ability!??!?!

IMPOSSIBRU!!!!!

Or... the most obvious shit ever.

If you want a good lesson in confirmation bias among the egalitarian "race is a social construct" (lol) people, look up the case of Stephen J. Gould as his falsified skull measurements.

Using pseudoscience and testorone studies on cancer rates to justify a bias sure is an interesting tactic...

Nonetheless, I applaud your attempts and mixing gut feelings with zero peer reviewed studies (and your keen powers of biological observation...who knew?)

Well here is my PSA of the day for ya:

http://skepticsplay.blogspot.com/2010/11/naturenurture-and-causality.html

http://skepticsplay.blogspot.com/2010/07/women-and-causality.html

http://skepticsplay.blogspot.com/2010/09/responsibility-and-causality.html

Apr 27, 2012
Let's see how much coverage an unarmed mother shot dead and murdered by blacks gets.

Let's see the racists come out in this thread. They already here.

The media probably wont mention this because it doesn't fit their racial bias. Where are those idiots jesse jackson and al sharpton demanding justice for this woman? They dont care.

I am not surprised by the suspects at all, these type of cases aren't rare