Unarmed 22 year old white mother killed over cigarettes

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Pneumothorax

Golden Member
Nov 4, 2002
Pictures of the murders.

uploadedhrsafter.jpg

todaviacleckley.jpg

"If I had a son..."

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Let's see how much coverage an unarmed mother shot dead and murdered by blacks gets.

Let's see the racists come out in this thread. They already here.

You made race an issue in your thread title, and you are unabashedly racist. Who are you to complain about racists?

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
Obviously if the victim were armed this never would have happened. We just need more guns and everyone will be a lot safer.

I'm reminded of this quote:

“This planet has — or rather had — a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn’t the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.” (Adams, “Prologue”, _Hitchhiker’s_, 1)

Broheim

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2011
Wait, I'm confused. I thought that in cases of people shooting other people who are unarmed, we're supposed to side with the gunman. Right?

you're confused?... you should see jackson and sharpton, they just don't know what to protest this time.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
Lets wait until all the facts come out, Spidey. She probably threatened these kids and they Stood their ground.

Disparity of force and all that. She got what she deserved. It's time for all these thugs to get shot dead.

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
A discerning person can adapt which side they side with based on the nature of what happened. A person with common sense can identify the thugs (or likely thugs) whether they were behind the gun or in front of it.

And while it is by no means conclusive, being a black male teen gets you about 60% of the way there. If every time a story crops up involving black male teens you decide right off the bat that they were probably criminals up to no good, you will most certainly be wrong some of the time. To be more precise, you'll be wrong about 5% of the time. And that's being generous.

Prejudice is a very powerful and useful tool, and is merely a reaction to the realities of the world around us. A logical reaction. One should always remain willing to overturn their initial prejudice with the right evidence, but with the Dunn case for instance? I think a rational, common sense adult with a healthy level of cynicism about the world, is completely correct to hear "4 black teens blasting rap in a vehicle together are accused by the shooter of having threatened him with violence" and think "yea that sounds about right."

Spidey's use of the word "white" in the thread title is a reference to the Trayvon thread referencing Trayvon as being "black" in that thread title.

Let's face it, the reason Trayvon and Jordan get so much attention, is because a non-black killing a black (unless maybe we're talking a Latino gang member) is EXCEPTIONALLY RARE. Rarer yet is for it to turn out that they weren't justified in doing so.

So when the media or the black community hears about that one in a million case where it finally LOOKS at first glance (to them) like maybe, just maybe... this time that mythical white devil we've based so much social policy and our entire worldview on... maybe he has finally shown up! Well, some people lose their mind in the scramble to lynch that person. Some people abandon all restraint, even if they're professional journalists.

It's like the guys who go their whole lives trying to find Bigfoot, sitting around with plaster foot prints and watching that same video clip over and over... when they hear that someone spotted one, they're too emotionally invested in it to apply the appropriate amount of skepticism, and take the proper "wait and see attitude."

You should expect just about exactly the same level of journalistic restraint and integrity from a white guilt ridden liberal when they hear that a white man has finally killed a black kid for no reason, as you would expect when the Bigfoot fanatic hears another video has surfaced.

As for the little pieces of shit in this story? I instantly hate them and would like to see them lowered into a volcano.

It's unfortunate that there are so many young kids like this anymore. The problems we have with criminality are only going to get worse in the decades to come, I fear.

But for dumbasses who don't do nuance, yes I'll remind you again, I'm fully aware there are some fantastic black male teens out there, studious, law-abiding, smart, kind, generous. And some reeking pieces of shit in the white teen (or any other age bracket) demographic.

But let's just quit bullshitting one another. The proportions are waaaaay off.

Dr. Zaus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2008
and geo goes on another poorly supported rant... I don't even care about the racist part, he's just fing delusional when it comes to how logic works.

The racism, i'm thinking, is just a symptom.

Generator

Mar 4, 2005
Lets wait until all the facts come out, Spidey. She probably threatened these kids and they Stood their ground.

Disparity of force and all that. She got what she deserved. It's time for all these thugs to get shot dead.

The insanity of the stand your ground law sanctions this a good shoot by either side. First to draw should be the law. The right wing's wet dream where you quick draw 3 on 1 or 1 on 3 is deluded hysterics. This fiancée seem like a real hero tho...

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
and geo goes on another poorly supported rant... I don't even care about the racist part, he's just fing delusional when it comes to how logic works.

The racism, i'm thinking, is just a symptom.

Please, by all means, break down my logical errors.

(I don't expect you to agree to btw, far easier to just take a pot shot with no details. Surprise me)

5150Joker

Diamond Member
Feb 6, 2002
www.techinferno.com
Wow I wonder if Anand is even aware of how many trolls and racists visit his forum? I doubt it. Last I checked this isn't stormfront. Maybe it's time to fire off an email to him and his advertisers.

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
Wow I wonder if Anand is even aware of how many trolls and racists visit his forum? I doubt it. Last I checked this isn't stormfront. Maybe it's time to fire off an email to him and his advertisers.

No doubt, because that is most certainly the liberal way these days. If you're hearing opinions you disagree with and that you don't like to hear, whine whine whine until they are silenced for you!

Whether it's the incredible amount of video flagging on YouTube, the over-moderated comment sections at Huffington Post, or any number of similar places... or the governments of western nations even sometimes sentencing people to prison for expressing unpopular opinions (Germany is particularly bad about this) the trend is firmly established, and growing.

Because listening to opinions we don't agree with requires a degree of maturity. Debating them requires effort. Not running off to whine until they're silenced requires restraint, and moral integrity. All of those things are in short supply anymore.

And lord knows, having no use for thugs and criminals is exactly the same thing as being a racist. :rolleyes:

If it was the white community that had the huge issue with rampant thuggery and criminality, then it'd be okay to hate that behavior. But as it stands? There are just too many who fit that description within the black community, which means we can't speak up about the realities of crime or it's causes, because it would be racist to do so. :rolleyes:

Doesn't matter if it's the truth, doesn't matter if speaking the truth about it may be the ONLY thing which can act as a first step to reversing these trends... no, what matters is that some peoples' feelings might be hurt in the process of discussing it. That trumps all other considerations. So now, it's time to go cry and stomp our feet until teacher sends Billy home. :'(

May 13, 2009
Geo has not said one racist word in this thread. It's not a conversation people are willing to have so they just cry racist and try to silence him that way.

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
Now if you guys who salivated over Trayvon and Jordan Davis want to see the REAL DEAL when it comes to some racist white piece of shit killing a black teen for no reason, this case here appeared to me to be the genuine article months ago when I first heard about it. Not sure why I haven't heard more about it. Odd since it's the only one I've seen lately that really, to my mind, justified that sort of outrage:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/jun/11/fatal-racism-shot-darius-simmons-death

http://colorlines.com/archives/2012/06/milwaukee.html

A 75-year-old Milwaukee man pleaded not guilty Monday in the fatal shooting of his 13-year-old neighbor. John Henry Spooner is facing first-degree intentional homicide charges for killing his 13-year-old neighbor Darius Simmons while he was retrieving a trash can from the street.

Spooner admitted to police that he shot Simmons on Thursday morning, even as the teen was running away from him with his hands up.

Earlier in the week Spooner reported a break-in at his home and blamed the family next door, the Milwaukee Sentinel Journal reports.

However, Simmons’ aunt told the Journal the teen was in school Tuesday when Spooner’s house was broken into. She went on to say police searched Simmons’ house after he was shot and did not find any of Spooner’s guns.

airdata

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2010
Spidey : At least you're openly racist. You flaunt it for all to see.

Do you see this as a cause to kill all black people? Let's get Alkemyst to chime in... I think he wished death on black people in the Trayvon Martin thread.

airdata

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2010
Also, while people are doing a black/white thing... The shooter was a 13-14 year old hispanic kid.

Let's talk about what you do w\ the shooter. Do you try him as an adult and give him some kind of aggravated 2nd degree murder beef?

Do you put him in juvi til he's 18-21? At which point he'll be older, stronger, and most likely in a worst position than currently at the age of 13-14... what do you do?

Also, doesn't sound like she was killed over cigarettes. So, your attempt to mock the TM thread is pretty much failed.

Sep 7, 2009
Geo has not said one racist word in this thread. It's not a conversation people are willing to have so they just cry racist and try to silence him that way.

This is a common tactic of the crumponite crew... When their deluded stories and presumptions start to fall apart (generally as evidence comes out proving their bias as incorrect) they start labeling anyone who disagrees with them as racist.

Last edited: