Unable to access network share

Chop

Apr 2, 2002
Hi,

We have a small office network setup, most of the machines share folders and are accessed by the others. There is no domain server or anything like that, just a switch with 5 Windows XP machines

I'm having problems oppening my shared folder on my laptop when connected to the network. I can however place documents in the shared documents folder from the network but nowhere else. I constantly get a "You don't have permission for this resource etc". I suspect that the wrong user name and password might be passed, but not sure.

BML

Jun 1, 2001
By default simple file sharing is enabled in windows xp. If you disable it you will get access to your sharing and security tabs in properties. Goto tools--folder options--view. and go all the way to the bottom. Uncheck use simple file sharing. the you can create and share folders.

Chop

Apr 2, 2002
BML, simple file sharing is already disabled on my machine.

JackMDS, thanks for the link. I tried some of their sollutions but nothing worked.

I've made sure that I have the same user security settings as the shared documents folder, but I still can't access any of my other shared folders. I have no problem on my other machines.

J