Umm, so i accidently logged into someones elses Steam account..but my Email is his?

imaheadcase

Diamond Member
May 9, 2005
How does this happen?

My email shows up as his, but i got all his games and account info. Anyone know how this happens?

My other account has all my games on it..with same email.

I updated computer, so reinstalled steam. I remember i changed password right after i heard about hack, but forget to write down new one so just used email recovery in case you are wondering.

edit: I don't think this email i used is correct one i used for MY games, but I still had this email for years but its tired to this guys account. Its unverified under his settings. But he did buy 1 game with it. and using a few trial games this month.

Last edited:

imaheadcase

Diamond Member
May 9, 2005
lol i sent steam support a email.

Here i was scared my account was hijacked, but it was me who accidentally hijacked someones. lol

He only had like Half Life2 pack you could get. It looks like it was created a long time ago because nothing much to it.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
Good man :thumbsup:

I'd cry if I lost my Steam account, all those games. At least though this doesn't seem to be putting someone else through any real inconvenience as it seems the account doesn't get used anyways lol.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Good man :thumbsup:

I'd cry if I lost my Steam account, all those games. At least though this doesn't seem to be putting someone else through any real inconvenience as it seems the account doesn't get used anyways lol.

Ya, I count around 300 games in my Steam list...

Childs

Lifer
Jul 9, 2000
I'm trying to move away from Steam myself. The cheap sale games I dont mind but new full retail priced games I'm getting from Amazon when available. But that doesnt help if it requires Steam...

HeXen

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2009
maybe he hacked your email a long time ago and for whatever reason used that email for steam?

maniacalpha1-1

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2010
Is there a place on steam where you can actually see your game count or do you have to do it manually, lol?

waterstain

Sep 9, 2011
Is there a place on steam where you can actually see your game count or do you have to do it manually, lol?

There are a couple game counts provided by steam …

Library (tab) > All Games (tab)
or
Community (tab) > check bottem of box to right called "Gameplay Stats"

These values usually don't agree because one of them counts DLC as games.

Last edited:

imaheadcase

Diamond Member
May 9, 2005
maybe he hacked your email a long time ago and for whatever reason used that email for steam?

Nope, found out that you just need a fake email to start steam account, you can still log on and access it. I think he got his games from retail and just used that account activate them because they require steam.