Umm, does this girl want me to ask her out to dinner?

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
Originally posted by: kranky
Originally posted by: flexy
you obviously cant READ or dont have ANY common sense.

she said:

"..want you to GET something (dinner) and gave you the money"

If she wanted to go out with you she just PLAIN WOULD HAVE ASKED you whether you want to go out with her..and NOT give you money and say "go, get something"

Is it really THAT HARD ???

jeeezzzussss

Sir, you have much to learn about womenfolk.

haha QFT

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Originally posted by: flexy
you obviously cant READ or dont have ANY common sense.

she said:

"..want you to GET something (dinner) and gave you the money"

If she wanted to go out with you she just PLAIN WOULD HAVE ASKED you whether you want to go out with her..and NOT give you money and say "go, get something"

Is it really THAT HARD ???

jeeezzzussss

Sir, you have much to learn about womenfolk.

LOL. Understatement of the year. Dead true. There are those that get it and those that don't.
:thumbsup:

Toasthead

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2001
Originally posted by: preslove
O.K. so I'm a graduate assistant at the computer help desk for my grad program. Last week this girl comes in and asks if we can help her with her 'puter. It is totally fvcked by a virus and I call her up and tell her that if she doesn't have vital data on the drive that we should just use the recovery partition to reformat it and start off with a clean slate. I left that for a girl on the next shift. Well, I find a note from last week this afternoon with $30 in it. The note reads:
Preslove,

I just wanted to say thank you sooo much for fixing my computer! And thank you for doing it so fast! :) I really appreciate your help, time, and generosity, and although it's not much, I wanted you to be able to go get something (dinner?) for yourself. Thank you so much again!!
<3 <3 always,

(girl's name) x0x0x

She obviously thinks you are creepy and frequently eat alone.

z42

Apr 22, 2006
Originally posted by: Savarak
Who knows... maybe she's another supernerd who happens to notice this grad student working in the computer lab, and decides to whip out her trusty linux box, reformats it in windows and deliberatly set it with a simple recovery partition (so you'll have an easy fix and look like a hero), then infects it with a virus, all so she can come crying to him for help. then when she realizes she needed a bit more to push him over the edge, she goes out of her way to write a ty note, add enough $ for a fairly nice two-person meal, and then seek out a mailbox even he didn't know about, and hand delivers it there. Even the act of deciding on writing a note, taking the paper out, then writing the note, and the even going out of her way to deliver it, would take at least an hour depending on how she goes from her room to the labs/lab office mailbox. she spent a whole hour thinking about you.

Either that or umm... her computer was broke.

I hate to splash cold water on the nerd parade, and I'm not saying there isn't potential for the OP, but when a woman gives you money for doing something for her she is not hitting on you. When a woman wants to hit on you she will not give you money. Giving you money is a woman's way of letting you know that your services have been paid for and she is not "in your debt". If she were trying to hit on him, she would have waited until he was there so she could thank him in person.

Granted this girl may not be the norm, but you all have been watching too many 80s movies.

kranky

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: sixone
Gotta love the advice in this thread. :disgust:

Which advice, six? It's been all over the map from "ask her out" to "she gave you money to show you you are in the friend zone so go hide under the bed".

sixone

Lifer
May 3, 2004
Originally posted by: sixone
Gotta love the advice in this thread. :disgust:

Which advice, six? It's been all over the map from "ask her out" to "she gave you money to show you you are in the friend zone so go hide under the bed".

With a few notable exceptions, almost all of it. If she was interested, she'd have offered to cook him dinner or to take him out to eat.

If he wants to ask her out, he should. But don't tell her he's using her money to take her out, that's just insulting.

daveymark

Lifer
Sep 15, 2003
who cares if she's asking you out. seize the opportunity and ask her out. it's simple, just say "I never eat alone, why don't the two of us go for coffee instead?"