Um... DDR Pads

Dreadraven

Jul 13, 2002
Ok guys I'm confused.. I just bought these DDR pads in china, and well the built in drivers are for windows 98 only since it only connects to computers through the printer port, and I have XP, and I have no way of installing those drivers :-\. I was thinking since these pads have both a printer (parallel) plug and a Playstation plug, I could maybe get a converter to USB and like just tell windows that it's a joystick/gamepad or something. However... I'm not sure which converter should I get.. Parallel to USB or PSX to USB.. Can someone give me a tip? I heard that PSX is bad cuz it can only transmit two buttons at once, but I don't know if parallel has the same problem, and it costs like 30 bucks instead of 10.

Or maybe is there some way to install a new set of drivers for printer port and not have to buy a converter? :-D

Thanks guys

HiTek21

Diamond Member
Jul 4, 2002
You can try the Kiky Joy its PSX -> PC Adapter via USB. I dont think the parallel direct pro converter works in XP...

Edit: They sell the kiky joy for 10 bucks at most frys stores... I live in so cali so not sure if its available everywhere.

StevenYoo

Diamond Member
Jul 4, 2001
DEFINITELY the psx to USB.

My friend got one and it works great with XP. it even supports the rumble effects on Dual Shock PSX and PS2 controllers.

TwoMix

Aug 1, 2001
cool i was looking for a solution for this..and i was going 2 give them away....thanks