Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10vi Noise Isolating Earphones w/ Microphone $299.99

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woofmeister

Golden Member
Jul 18, 2004
Amazon has the Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10vi Noise Isolating Earphones w/ Microphone for $299.99. These are Ultimate Ears's top non-custom in-ear earphones. They're called Triple because they direct the low, mid and high frequencies to a separate speaker, a total of three in each ear. Full 3D sound stage, the closest experience available to UE's custom in-ear monitors Built-in high performance microphone and control button for use with a cellphone. Eligible for free shipping w/Amazon Prime.

Edit Price now showing as $303.01. Still 28% off.

Last edited:

WaTaGuMp

Lifer
May 10, 2001
I recently got some Klipsch Image S4's, pretty sick for the price. Under $50 bucks on ebay.

WHipLAsh13

Golden Member
Jan 17, 2001
Picked the non mic version up on a Gold Box deal just before Christmas for 95 bucks. They sound amazing. They destroy my Shure's for sure :)

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Picked the non mic version up on a Gold Box deal just before Christmas for 95 bucks. They sound amazing. They destroy my Shure's for sure :)

I did too - and hadn't yet tried them when there were stolen in a burglary by a meth head with a lot else. I'm sure they got 5 bucks for them at least.

Feb 10, 2000
I am listening to mine right now - I also got the Gold Box deal. They're awesome with the Comply foam tips. I never found them comfortable with any of the rubber tips, and only experimented with the Comply tips recently, and thus bonded with them. The noise insulation is great - I actually used them recently while mowing my lawn! (I fully recognize that sounds like a bad idea, but I didn't make any adjustment to my volume over what I would normally use so I don't see why it would be harmful to my hearing.)

Woofmeister

Golden Member
Jul 18, 2004

That's when I got mine as well. :biggrin: Still, for those who missed out on the December Gold Box, this is still a very good deal on those oh so rarely discounted TripleFi's.

SZLiao214

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2003
Fuuuu why did i not know about the gold box deal back then? It would have been a no brainer buy for me at 95 heh.

ivan2

Diamond Member
Mar 6, 2000
www.heatware.com
Got mine from gold box, keeps falling out of my ears and sounded super bright. Got a PK3 for about $40 bucks and it is more balanced and comfortable.

ivan2

Diamond Member
Mar 6, 2000
www.heatware.com
having owned westone and ety im well aware of the fit affecting the sound, however the sound signature of the triple fi is just that, super bright. Maybe because it's heavier than the others, it is also easier to unseal and come out of the ears.

Feb 10, 2000
Got mine from gold box, keeps falling out of my ears and sounded super bright. Got a PK3 for about $40 bucks and it is more balanced and comfortable.

I have to say I never liked mine until I started using the Comply foam tips. They really transformed the comfort and sound quality.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
In ear stuff has to fit, and seal, or no bass.

That's true, but headphones can be a matter of taste as well. Each person is going to have a different shaped ear canal as well as varying levels of hearing loss depending on age and what else they've done in life. Headphones that sound great to some may sound god awful to others who are looking to fill the low end out and are overly sensitive to the high end. It's not always a matter of fit, and EQing will only go so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.