UK members, free 2.4 Celerons for DC!

DannyBoy

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 2002
www.danj.me
i dont get it, surely if you leased something like that you could format it, put your own software on and be gone with the discs?

How would they check to see if you were loading the discs?

Sure by all means if they wanna give me a free computer ill take it, but it sounds too good to be true..

compudog

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2001
Hmmmm

Households getting Metronomy computers will be asked to fill up questionnaires online (www.metronomy.com) detailing family structure and preferences, all of which will sent back to the company.

Customers will then receive a compact disc each month containing advertisements to be shown over the following four weeks. The discs will need to be loaded onto the computer, and failure to do it will result in the machine getting disabled.

Still, it might be worth a shot to have another cruncher for free...

DannyBoy

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 2002
www.danj.me
Originally posted by: compudog
Hmmmm

Households getting Metronomy computers will be asked to fill up questionnaires online (www.metronomy.com) detailing family structure and preferences, all of which will sent back to the company.

Customers will then receive a compact disc each month containing advertisements to be shown over the following four weeks. The discs will need to be loaded onto the computer, and failure to do it will result in the machine getting disabled.

Still, it might be worth a shot to have another cruncher for free...

You have to ask yourself, is a celeron really worth disclosing all of your personal life details though?

sswingle

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2000
There was an offer like this in the states a few years ago. The company must have gone bankrupt, and moved to the UK.

Oh, and I don't see what would keep you from formatting the drive and therefore disabling whatever program they have that disables your machine... probably why the US company stopped.