Uh ooh. Someone cracked my Paypal password.

shiznut123

Banned
Dec 22, 2000
I got two emails saying that I changed my password which I didn't. I emailed Paypal right away about it. The password is changed back but who did it?

rlism

Golden Member
Feb 1, 2001
The password is changed back...

Don't change it 'back', change it to something else!!! ;)

Namuna

Platinum Member
Jun 20, 2000
Oh that's just wonderful.

Not enough to hear about the BS Paypal is pulling with Charge Backs to Sellers, now more bad news with hackers.

I'm not attacking Paypal mind you, I just feel that much less confident in the system of online payment.

buck

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Man that sux. :( I guess no money is missing, otherwise you would be raising hell. Change it to a REALLY LONG hard to guess combo...

shiznut123

Banned
Dec 22, 2000
I didn't have any money at the time. Im ggoing to change my password to 20 letter/numbers long now.

Yo Ma Ma

Lifer
Jan 21, 2000
Double check your history anyway, a transaction could still be made against your bank or CC as they are linked to your PayPal account.

Damon

Jul 21, 2000
Hi shiznut123,

Please send me your account information to damon@paypal.com immediately. I will have someone from the fraud investigations team assist.

Password tips-
1. Do not use the same email/password combination you use at another site.
2. Do not make the password intutitive (such as your name or email address).
3. Do not log in to any site that is not paypal.com (check your browser settings)
4. Do not share your password with anyone else (seems obvious, but you would be surprised).
5. Do not give any site requesting your PayPal password and user id your information (any reports of this should be directed to us immediately).
6. Be careful of the links you click on and be sure that it redirects to PayPal only (no other information, such as paypal1.com, would appear in the browser window.)

Thanks!

Damon

Jul 21, 2000
Hi shiznut123

I haven't received an email from you (so that I could get this directed). I will be leaving the office shortly and would like to make sure you get the assistance you need. If I don't answer your email---it will be because I am out of the office for the weekend.

Thanks!

mastaki11a

Golden Member
Jan 13, 2001
I never keep any money in my paypal account, I guess that is why I never get any good deals at the fs/t forum :)