ugly new lexus, juan dixon and ramblin'

davestar

Golden Member
Oct 21, 2001
I was eating at the Chipotle (best place evar) near UMD recently and I noticed a horrid-looking new lexus in the parking lot. It's supposed to be modern and sporty looking I'd imagine, but I think it just looks ridiculous. Anyway, while I'm eating in Chipotle, Juan Dixon (guard of 2001-2002 Terps, for those uninformed) comes in and has himself a burrito. This wasn't terribly surprising because he was a student until a couple months ago, but I didn't expect to see him around anymore since he's a millionare in the NBA now. I finish up my meal and head out to my car and as I'm driving away, the Lexus pulls out in front of me and lo-and-behold juan dixon's driving it.

So, if this post has a point it's either money doesn't buy taste OR what the hell is that Lexus model? It's not on Lexus.com and I can't find mention of it elsewhere. I saw another one on the road, and it's driving me crazy now. Anyone seen/heard/know anything about it?

davestar

Golden Member
Oct 21, 2001
nope, i probably should have specified. (i think the sc430 is sweet.)

as far as i can tell, it's not a 2002 model LS, GS, ES, IS, SC, LX or RX

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: davestar
nope, i probably should have specified. (i think the sc430 is sweet.)

as far as i can tell, it's not a 2002 model LS, GS, ES, IS, SC, LX or RX

And you're sure it was a Lexus?

Viper GTS

davestar

Golden Member
Oct 21, 2001
on second look, it IS the sc430. i saw the pics of it with the top down, and it looks nice, but that hard top (combined with the body) is ghastly, IMO.

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: davestar
on second look, it IS the sc430. i saw the pics of it with the top down, and it looks nice, but that hard top (combined with the body) is ghastly, IMO.

I figured that's what it had to be, since it's pretty much the only Lexus any self-respecting, suddenly wealthy 20 something would drive.

Viper GTS