UGHH!! Autoweek test drives the $670k, 660 HP Enzo Ferrari supercar

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

GTaudiophile

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
Both progress toward the middle where the mating operation produces a final car in a mere four weeks of hand-fit, labor-intensive work. Or will, when production starts in earnest in November, with the first delivery scheduled in January 2003. By contrast, on the adjacent assembly lines, it takes four days to build a 360 Modena, six days to produce a 575M Maranello or 456 GTA.

Damn! How many Camrys can the Toyota plant in Kentucky produce in 4 days? A few hundred, thousand?

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
No need for a big wing, thanks to the underbody that generates twice the F50's downforce. The aero load at 135 mph is already 750 pounds and contributes to the car's ability to corner at 1.36 g.
Yum

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
The performance looks amazing, but the car is still butt-ugly. When I win the lottery this week I'll save the extra $500,000 and buy a 360 Modena Spyder.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
hmmm... supercar... big house... supercar... big house... supercar... big house....

you want to know the funny part? this thing will get around daytona faster than a winston cup car :)

heck, its probably faster than an IRL car

Salvador

Diamond Member
May 19, 2001
You can tell that Ferrari is trying to evoke the F1 feeling with the hoodline and pointed nose. It looks like the real F1 car with fenders added.

Ferrari and the rest of the supercar builders get one thing wrong though that only McLaren can seem to get right. If you are going to build a car to give you the F1 feel for the street, why do they insist on putting the steering wheel on the left. It should be in the middle IMO like the McLaren.

One of the sweetest cars ever would be if Audi would convert their LeMans car the Audi R8 to a road car.

Sal

Skawttey

Mar 1, 2002
Originally posted by: Don_Vito
I thought cars sold in the US needed 5 MPH bumpers - I wonder how they will make that nose street-legal.

When the McLaren F1 was being sold, buyers in the US had to go through a company which put auxilary bumpers on as well as other things to make it legal. Most owners took these off as soon as the cars reached their driveways.

BD231

Lifer
Feb 26, 2001
Originally posted by: NFS4
Originally posted by: Insane3D
Man, I can't even imagine how it must feel to bring that monster up to the 8200RPM :Q:Q redline, shift into the next gear, and just keep accelerating and accelerating......

Have you seen Tiff Needle's video review of the McLaren F1?? It should be similar to that :D It's like a 10 minute long segment.

LOL

Nemesis77

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2001
Originally posted by: PowerMac4Ever
Are you talking about that British car show that's always on BBC? If so, that show SUCKS. SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS, how can you watch that crap?

:Q. I guess you don't know a good thing even if it hit you in the head with a 2 by 4....

Jun 18, 2000
Originally posted by: ElFenix
hmmm... supercar... big house... supercar... big house... supercar... big house....

you want to know the funny part? this thing will get around daytona faster than a winston cup car :)

heck, its probably faster than an IRL car
Winston cup car? No doubt. IRL car? Hmm not likely. Don't IRL cars hit near 220 in the straights?

CocaCola5

Golden Member
Jan 5, 2001
No need for a big wing, thanks to the underbody that generates twice the F50's downforce. The aero load at 135 mph is already 750 ed:[990]pounds and contributes to the car's ability to corner at 1.36 g.

With all the downforce you won't need the brakes in the higher speeds corners. I'd wonder what the downforce is at top speed(should be alteast twice that since I believe DF rises exponentially with speeds), it still makes the 911 turbo's 14 pounds @190 mph(and most any car) seems mighty weaky.