ugh.... Radeon LE problems

TruculentTucan

May 6, 2001
Check out this thread for background. Every time I play Serious Sam or Half-Life the system crashes after maybe 15-20 minutes. I am running win2k

Athlon 1.2 gig @ 1.2
Iwill kk266 mobo
256 megs Ininfion RAM
30 gig maxtor HD
32 meg Radeon LE (barely O/Ced at all!)

I just updated my drivers for my Radeon, and for my sound card. No better! Does anyone have any idea what is going on?

Kazi

Jun 7, 2001
on win2k i know its very picky about ram..dont know if it applies toward you but try another reformat then fresh install...anyone else?

Duvie

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2001
radeon's have picky install order...how did you install, and in what order (mobo,vid,snd,direct x)???

First time install can be more forgiving, but updating drivers need to follow specific order...

Have you tried to reinstall direct x 8.0?

ati multimedia sometimes is a pain, maybe uninstall or avoid it? I usually uncheck in startup a few ati files but that is in win98se/me so I am not certain on win2k.

Actually all of my advice may be specifically related to win98/me...but can't hurt to try.

Kazi

Jun 7, 2001
heheh i run win 98se no problems yet, ima stick with it. seems very stable (I dont leave it on for over a week heh) Great OS for gaming and once i get my 256 RAM ill be crusin

Bojax

Jan 24, 2001
I have a Radeon LE with W2K. When i first got the card it had some conflict's with old video driver's. I was running 98SE at the time. I installed the latest driver's after a clean install and all is well. I am not saying you need a clean install,i'm only giving you my experience.

The first time i tried W2K ( about 3 month's ago)i hated it. this was before i had my LE and i only had 128 of ram and a small hd. Now that i have more ram and a better video card i will never go back to 98. I really like W2K. It is very stable for me.

TruculentTucan

May 6, 2001
Duvie... I reinstalled DirectX half an hour ago... :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I reinstalled everything! but that. Dammit I feel stupid :eek:

Oh well. It works great now!

Thanks for all your help guys!