ugh, I feel all wierd.

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
I don't usually do any type of drug.. don't drink, don't smoke, nothing like that. However, my roommate brought some "special" cookies and I had a couple tonight... I'm feeling all wierd now. I'm not really enjoying it though. It's making it my head pound, and destroying my ability to concentrate, and making my eyes feel puffy. None of those are really appealing to me. Anyway... I wonder how long this lasts, I have calculus to do.

Since some poeple don't seem to understand this. "Special" means that they contain some form of processed marajuana.

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
Yeah eating "special cookies." Now that is a smart move.
rolleye.gif

Renob

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2000
Dude I bet those badboys had Angle Dust in them you better call 911

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001

<< ahaha i wish i had some special cookies..

is this your first time high dude?
>>

Yeah, pretty much... we were watching Army of Darkness... seemed harmless enough.

Kipper

Diamond Member
Feb 18, 2000
Ingesting it is actually more potent than smoking it, so you're probably getting a stronger dose than you expected - because you're directly processing the entire material (and therefore the active chemical, THC) into your system rather than absorbing the fumes through the lining of your lung - technically, it's therefore "healthier"...relative, perhaps.

At least consider the fact that you didn't go into this blindly and that you were intelligent enough not to jump directly into something not knowing what it was - for example, getting drunk after drinking spiked punch is a far less pleasant experience than getting drunk, knowing completely that you are ingesting alcohol. Drugs are simply not for some people - it enhances some peoples' lives and makes them either more fun to live or more tolerable, perhaps. In the case of a certain individual several posts down, this clearly was not the case. Drugs made her life a living hell.

You obviously don't enjoy being high. It's pretty simple from here out - don't get high. :)

ZeroBurn

Platinum Member
Jul 29, 2000
one brownie is way more than enough for someone who hasn't done marijuana before. it's going to last longer and i would definitely not expect to get anything done tonite, i'll be surprised if you manage to wake up tomm for that matter.

<< are they harmless??? >>

quite, it's not going to kill you or anything, you'll just be out of it for a while.

madcowdisease is right on it being more potent. you got more THC than what a regular hit at the pipe would have given you. tiny leaves break off from the nugs that pot comes as and is collected, it's not as potent as the bud itself and therefore isn't as expensive. it's called shake, and it's usually what you use to make pot butter. you take a crapload of it, boil it and melt a stick of butter in it, let it cool in the fridge an hour, and what happens is the THC and butter solidify at the top, which you scoop up. you use the pot butter instead of oil in brownies, rice crispy treats, etc. the pot butter you've just eaten you can imagine, has a crapload more concentrated THC than just smoking a fattie.

edit: i've never done pot, but do live with a bunch of stoners. you try living with these guys and _not_ learning a thing or two about it

The Dancing Peacock

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 1999

<< one brownie is way more than enough for someone who hasn't done marijuana before. it's going to last longer and i would definitely not expect to get anything done tonite, i'll be surprised if you manage to wake up tomm for that matter.

<< are they harmless??? >>

quite, it's not going to kill you or anything, you'll just be out of it for a while.

madcowdisease is right on it being more potent. you got more THC than what a regular hit at the pipe would have given you. tiny leaves break off from the nugs that pot comes as and is collected, it's not as potent as the bud itself and therefore isn't as expensive. it's called shake, and it's usually what you use to make pot butter. you take a crapload of it, boil it and melt a stick of butter in it, let it cool in the fridge an hour, and what happens is the THC and butter solidify at the top, which you scoop up. you use the pot butter instead of oil in brownies, rice crispy treats, etc. the pot butter you've just eaten you can imagine, has a crapload more concentrated THC than just smoking a fattie.
>>

Yea pretty much spot on :)

After you have one the effect is more gradual than smoking it. Also for me, it took almost 3 or 4 hours before it hit me fully, it'll last longer too almost 6 or 7 hours or longer sometimes depending on potency (talking from taking it to not feeling the effects of it at all anymore). Don't bother with the Calculus tonight. Turn the lights off, turn on some music, good options are Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Dave Matthews, Trance, Snoop, Dr. Dre, Outkast. Great music to listen to. enjoy it. explore the feeling, but don't over analyze things. If you still have a headache, have another cookie. :)

Poncherelli

May 28, 2001
dont have another cookie if you dont feel good. My friends made brownies awhile ago and got the munchies and inadvertantly ate more brownies in their hunger (cause they were left sitting out and were the closest food). They were baked for so long after that.

The Dancing Peacock

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 1999

<< miles davis man :) >>

Great call on the Miles Davis. Kind of Blue is a great CD to listen to. Another Jazz artist that I like is Dave Brubeck.

Zeroburn, you could have fooled me :D

ZeroBurn

Platinum Member
Jul 29, 2000
hehe, miles davis is all my roomate talks about when he's under the influence. his favorite thing to do after a long day at work or class is to hit the lights, crash in the beanbag and put on the cd you just mentioned. he calls it the chill factor. "nothing's more chill than davis."

last time they made brownies they almost tricked me into trying one, but as i went for the milk in the fridge and saw green butter realized there was more than chocolate in my hand. :) i don't know, i just don't need anymore distractions from life i guess. just never got into it myself :p