Ugh FML, missed parking pass deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

AznAnarchy99

Lifer
Dec 6, 2004
Who makes the application date for a parking pass for the fall quarter in June? Now I gota appeal to shitty UCLA transportation who are horrible to deal with. The appeal deadline is Sept 1.

/rant

deadlyapp

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2004
Who makes the application date for a parking pass for the fall quarter in June? Now I gota appeal to shitty UCLA transportation who are horrible to deal with. The appeal deadline is Sept 1.

/rant

You have a deadline to purchase a parking pass? FAIL.

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
Wait...so they would actually not take your relatively large sum of money, and in return give you a plastic placard that cost them $1.50 to have made? Just so you can fill a space that would otherwise be empty?

I have a feeling they will.

PhoKingGuy

Diamond Member
Nov 15, 2007
Wait...so they would actually not take your relatively large sum of money, and in return give you a plastic placard that cost them $1.50 to have made? Just so you can fill a space that would otherwise be empty?

I have a feeling they will.

Spaces are heavily impacted, chances are they might not have any more passes to give him.
UCI is like that as well, but our window opens up sept 10th or so for purchasing.

Dumac

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2005
June is pretty normal.

Parking in LA is in high demand. Parking structures were always full at my college in LA.

AznAnarchy99

Lifer
Dec 6, 2004
Spaces are heavily impacted, chances are they might not have any more passes to give him.
UCI is like that as well, but our window opens up sept 10th or so for purchasing.

TBH I dont know why they are so strict about it. When I was living there last year there were always a ton of empty spots in a few structures that weren't used.

Im looking through the paperwork now and its crazy. If you appeal on the basis of personal hardship, they want a copy of bankruptcy papers or a death certificate of someone in your family..

herkulease

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2001
You're getting an assured spot right or has ucla changed things?

It is a hell of a lot better than schools that sell permits like no tomorrow when they don't have enough parking spots.

Oh and what will you be appealing?

Its not like a ticket. You simply forgot/did not know to apply in time.

Last edited:

AznAnarchy99

Lifer
Dec 6, 2004
You're getting an assured spot right or has ucla changed things?

It is a hell of a lot better than schools that sell permits like no tomorrow when they don't have enough parking spots.

Oh and what will you be appealing?

Its not like a ticket. You simply forgot/did not know to apply in time.

Well Im appealing on the basis that I forgot and Im commuting from Santa Ana which is about 50 miles. I got work and a place down here. The process is more complicated than a ticket. I gota get this form and that form and this paper work from here and there. Pay stubs, work schedule, class schedule, 2 forms to show my address.

Yea its an assured spot. Its the community colleges that oversell permits and have first come first serve on parking spots.

PhoKingGuy

Diamond Member
Nov 15, 2007
Well Im appealing on the basis that I forgot and Im commuting from Santa Ana which is about 50 miles. I got work and a place down here. The process is more complicated than a ticket. I gota get this form and that form and this paper work from here and there. Pay stubs, work schedule, class schedule, 2 forms to show my address.

Yea its an assured spot. Its the community colleges that oversell permits and have first come first serve on parking spots.

Holy crap you commute from OC to UCLA? Thats nuts.

Gluck appealing, you're gonna need it. My friend wasn't able to turn his tuition payment in on time because his mom was in the hospital, they said it wasn't a legitimate excuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.