Ugh all those biodegradable food containers and stuff..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 19, 2001
It's like a paper biodegradable thing or whatever. I got a whole load of food from our campus' dining hall. Everyone loads up for like a meal or two during finals. My food is just soaking through.

The same with my drink. This isn't your typical waxed cup. My orange juice feels like it's soaking through the paper.

I know it's environmentally friendly and natural, but these things aren't meant to carry food... maybe dry bread or something, but not stuff with grease and sauces. I was planning on stuffing this into the fridge for a day or two but I guess I have to tupperware it all now.

Last edited:

Rubycon

Madame President
Aug 10, 2005
Send it to Mercury. Everything is degradable there in the sunshine. :D

Leros

Lifer
Jul 11, 2004
My school uses plastic made from corn. Its great. When you run it under hot water it melts down the drain. Its also compostable.

Gunslinger08

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
My school uses plastic made from corn. Its great. When you run it under hot water it melts down the drain. Its also compostable.

That would be great, except when you:
- Wanted something hot
- Got stuck in a summer rain

Leros

Lifer
Jul 11, 2004
That would be great, except when you:
- Wanted something hot
- Got stuck in a summer rain

They have different stuff for hot food and drinks.

The corn plastic holds up under cold and warm temperatures, just not hot. I use corn plastic cups for my soda, but it would melt if you put coffee in it.

I accidentally tried to eat soup with a corn plastic spoon once. I got a few sips of soup before it melted.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
think in sf they banned styrofoam.
so now you get food in clear plastic containers instead. pointless switch

Status
Not open for further replies.