ugggh... its 5:00 and I'm still at school [rant]

BigToque

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
My classes finished at 2:15, but I have a night math class at 6:00-9:00.

I went to the gym for an hour and a half and got out at about 4:15 so now I'm just killing time.

Stupid math class! In high school I had the option to take pre-calc or applied (or consumer), so I took applied after only getting 51% in grade 10 pre-calc (I didnt try at all). Anyway, in grade 10, 11 and 12, my Applied math mark was ~90%. Now they are making me take this math skills class to get my grade 12 pre-calc equiv. mark.

This class is such a joke, I already know all this stuff but I gotta take it anyway. I went to talk to an advisor to see if he'd just let me go into the 'intro to calc' class without taking the math skills class. he said no, and that this would be good review.

grrrrr!!! The class costs $350, and the textbook is $130! Damn university just wants my fscking money!

I'll be dissapointed if I get < 85% in this class.

kikokam

Aug 9, 2001
if you already knew the stuff, this class should be a breeze for ya and you should ace it with no problems
it's only 3:30pm here and i cannot wait to get off work.... :D

BigToque

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

<< if you already knew the stuff, this class should be a breeze for ya and you should ace it with no problems >>

Passing the class is no problem at all. I just have better things to do with my time then take some class for 3 hours every 2nd day. I also had something much better planned for the $480 this class I wont learn anything in is costing me.

ApacheXMD

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
professors there actually take attendance?
skip the lectures, and just show up for the midterms and final

edit: oh, and just don't buy the book. if you need homework done, just photocopy the problems from a classmate

-patchy

Apr 5, 2000
What Apache said - Calc1471 was AP Calculus A in high school - I hardly went and breezed through. (Not with an A+ but I did pretty good)

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Explain the situation to the instructor.

He/She may let you put up or shut up.

If receptive, offer to take the final now to prove that you know the material.