UFO's in California! NOT the work of an artist

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jun 27, 2005
It looks like a ceiling fan with a salad strainer on top. And what's up with the Klingon lettering?

Faker than... well... It's fake.

Acanthus

Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
ostif.org
Originally posted by: Blain
Originally posted by: 91TTZ
Originally posted by: Chubbz

UFO @ Somewhere in CA

UFO @ Big Basin

UFO @ Capitola, CA

UFO @ Lake Tahoe

Personally, it just looks like somebody made a CG craft and projected it holographically into the sky. Because humans can do that, right? RIGHT?!

Why would you even waste our time posting something that is so obviously fake?
"FAKE"... How can you know for sure?
Do you work for a little agency called the U.S. Government? :shocked:
Are you in charge of the "Let's Control The Masses" branch? :confused:

Obviously if there are pictures, the thing is "REAL"... obviously. :p

But on a side note, it seems that aliens would design something more aerodynamic to deal with our atmosphere. :roll:

THEY DONT NEED TO, THEYVE MASTERED ANTIGRAVITY!

91TTZ

Lifer
Jan 31, 2005
Originally posted by: Deadtrees

Like I said, I have worked with various formats of cameras and lenses. I also taught a small group of people about photography.
After all these years, I thought I have quite a knowledge when it comes to those issues and you told me that I am an "idiot" as well as "lacking the intelligence to understand it."

Although I don't like the words you chose, I'm thinking that maybe you know something I don't know. I mean, it'd be damn stupid for me to be sure about what I think I know, right?
Hence I ask you to guide me how I'm wrong. I've shown those two pictures to other photographers and nobody could find out how the distortion was not right and the focus was off.
So....here I am again asking you to guide to the world of photography.

I don't understand what you're asking me now.

I've already pointed out the glaring inconsistencies which tell me that the picture is fake. You have a scene where the lighting is coming from one direction, then you have an object in the scene where the lighting is coming from another direction. Since the pictures are taken outdoors and the ground is grass with no other light sources, that tells you right there that the object wasn't originally in the picture.

Also, the focus issue that I mentioned. You have pictures where the foreground is in focus while the background is getting out of focus, yet the object which is far out is somehow in perfect focus, which isn't consistent with the rest of the picture. I can tell that the object was not originally in that scene.

Another thing would be the color accuracy. The other pictures have colors which aren't exactly smooth, yet the object's shading is smoother than the rest of the picture.

Not only is this a fake, but it's not even a convincing fake.

91TTZ

Lifer
Jan 31, 2005
Originally posted by: manowar821
91TTZ, you're being a huge jerk.

I cannot tell whether or not your simply stating that these few photos are fake (which I would agree with you on), or if all UFOs are fake (which I would disagree with you on).

You provide no evidence, no data, no articles, and continually call people names.

You call believing in UFOs like believing in santa, or the easter bunny?? I could say the same thing about higher powers/god. But I wont, because I'm not a jackass.

You really do have a huge problem with people who don't follow the majorities views, don't you? What kind of ridiculous way to live your life is that, attacking anyone who doesn't agree with your beliefs or "fairy tales"? Not only do you attack attack attack, but you also do it in the most infantile and nearly laughable way possible. I mean, all you're missing is grammar and spelling errors every other word, otherwise you're pretty much a 12 year old girl. Or so it seems.

Put up or shut up.

You wrote this at 4:15 am, which is long after I did actually provide analysis of the pictures. I outlined the focus issues and the lighting issues. Sure, I did scoff at the other members earlier on in the thread, but that's because this one is so obvious that I was surprised that people took it so seriously.

I am damn near positive that there are lifeforms on other planets. Considering the fact that we're beginning to think that conditions were right for life on our closest neighbor (Mars), it's naive to think that nowhere else in the universe has life. There are over 100 billion stars in our galaxy alone, and our galaxy is only one of over 100 billion galaxies. It's just about a certainty that there is intelligent life elsewhere. But I don't think that they've ever visited Earth due to the massive distances involved, so all the UFO photos that have been published are fakes.

cKGunslinger

Lifer
Nov 29, 1999
omg guys I just came across a real UFO photo. Tell me what you think:

real photo

OMG! The one craft is *behind* those wires and the pole. That *has* to be real!

Seriously guys, I'm all for the belief in ET life somewhere in the universe, but to think that these snapshots are *obvious* proof that aliens are visiting us in their little homemade spacecraft is ridiculous.

And to call anyone who doubts their "proof," as being opponents of open-mindedness is just preposterous. No wonder kooks have such hard times getting people to believe anything they say.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Although it's been a while I pointed out your fallacy and asked you to inform me why those are fake with your evidences based on your knowledge of photography, you haven't done so.
Instead, what you have achived is calling me and other people names saying I and the others are schizophrenic enough to belive in those pictures when we told you that we, by any means, believe in those pictures are real.

Now, I ask you again, please backup your point with some vaild proof of evidencce.
Seeing you so mad and upset, you must have some clues, don't you?

On this photo for instance, the 1. lighting is off, 2. the focus is off, and the 3. distortion doesn't match the rest of the picture. 4. The object is too clear and focused to be very far away from the camera, especially when you note how the trees in the background are out of focus. 5.It looks like the camera tried to get both the bush in the front and the first layer of trees in the back in focus, so the focus is somewhere between them. This craft is supposed to be large, yet it looks like it's about 5 feet from the bush nearest the camera.

Also, the things sticking up from the UFO look as if they were blended into the background by Photoshop. It doesn't look right.

If you look at the trees, you'll see that they have direct sunlight on them. The object somehow doesn't have direct sunlight falling on it, although it's supposed to be in the sky. The object seems to have very even, diffused lighting which is out of place considering its supposed surroundings.

After all, it's good that you're being a civilized man.

About what you said, I wanted to point out:

1. I don't know what you mean by "lighting is off" so I won't comment on that.

2. The focus is everywhere because it's taken by a compact camera(even a cell phone)

3. I don't know how you can say that the distortion is off and doesn't match the rest of the picture. I can tell distortions of 50mm lens in close distance but on this one...I can't. Please explain more.

4. Good point however that picture was taken with a compact camera and from that distance the focus is everywhere(pan focus) no matter what aperture value is. It just can't be out of focus in that distance due to the mechanism of compact
cameras. Then why are those trees so blurry? Compact cameras have very terrible image quality on the corner area of the lens(even worse on cellphone cameras) (Even on Dslrs, this is one of the main reasons why people go for L lenses)

5. Look #2, 4

Now, what looks really convincing(Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying the picture is real because of this) is purple fringing looking quite natural. However, as I can't see 100% sized of the picture, I can't really tell it for sure.

actually these wernt taken by a Cell phone or a P&S camera, many other threads on many other forums have the full size pics up, they are from a DSLR, a Canon Rebel actually,

however that does not change the fact that they are fake

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Originally posted by: Fritzo
Originally posted by: gamepad
How can people be so skeptical of UFOs when evidence is everywhere. Just look at those pictures.

As members of the human race, it is our responsibility to be informed of extraterrestrial life. It is the only
way we as a species can survive.

It is in our best interest that we bring this to the attention of local government representatives. We must make this
a priority in our political agenda. Forget about the war in Iraq; we have an intergalactic crisis at hand!

With many governments around the world covering up various extraterrestrial "incidents," I fear there may have been
an alien infiltration of our top government officials. It is likely that aliens have control of the cerebral cortexes of our
presidents, prime ministers, and kings. If this is the case, then we truly do have a problem.

I pray that you all can arm yourselves with knowledge in this war against creatures believed to be tall, skinny, and green, because ignorance -- the alien's best weapon against us -- will be fatal.

::taps sarcasm meter:: This thing is on the fritz. Now, are you serious?

Yes, he is.

Here is a quote from someone on a UFO topic on ATOT that put it best, but I forgot to get his name.

"The utter lack of wonder, curiosity, willingness to consider and explore, and general 1940's style heavy-handed pedantic "thinking" displayed by some on this topic is amazing. And a sad commentary on our education system."

At least keep an open mind.

I have a completely open mind, but I also need to have overwhelming proof on this topic to convince me. To date, not a shred of hard evidence has ever been found.

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Originally posted by: gamepad
How can people be so skeptical of UFOs when evidence is everywhere. Just look at those pictures.

As members of the human race, it is our responsibility to be informed of extraterrestrial life. It is the only
way we as a species can survive.

It is in our best interest that we bring this to the attention of local government representatives. We must make this
a priority in our political agenda. Forget about the war in Iraq; we have an intergalactic crisis at hand!

With many governments around the world covering up various extraterrestrial "incidents," I fear there may have been
an alien infiltration of our top government officials. It is likely that aliens have control of the cerebral cortexes of our
presidents, prime ministers, and kings. If this is the case, then we truly do have a problem.

I pray that you all can arm yourselves with knowledge in this war against creatures believed to be tall, skinny, and green, because ignorance -- the alien's best weapon against us -- will be fatal.

::taps sarcasm meter:: This thing is on the fritz. Now, are you serious?

Yes, he is.

Here is a quote from someone on a UFO topic on ATOT that put it best, but I forgot to get his name.

"The utter lack of wonder, curiosity, willingness to consider and explore, and general 1940's style heavy-handed pedantic "thinking" displayed by some on this topic is amazing. And a sad commentary on our education system."

At least keep an open mind.

I have a completely open mind, but I also need to have overwhelming proof on this topic to convince me. To date, not a shred of hard evidence has ever been found.

Videos like this one are pretty overwhelming. What's freaky is that it's not out in the middle of nowhere. It's flying over a major US city.
Link (NSFW due to language)

cKGunslinger

Lifer
Nov 29, 1999
Originally posted by: Scarpozzi

Videos like this one are pretty overwhelming. What's freaky is that it's not out in the middle of nowhere. It's flying over a major US city.

:laugh:

dr150

Diamond Member
Sep 18, 2003
It's the new SATELLIPOD in beta release from Apple.

Don't you guys friggin read the news!? :confused:

91TTZ

Lifer
Jan 31, 2005

LOLOLOL

That's amazing video! WTF is that?

Chubbz

Golden Member
Oct 2, 2001

LOLOLOL

Hey, you're still here. The photos are not fake. You are wrong.

Photos are real. The craft was made by humans using alien technology.

I love how you start brown-nosing every anti-UFO comment on this thread. Looks like someone is avoiding reality.

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000

LOLOLOL

HOLY POP UPS BATMAN!

ghostman

Golden Member
Jul 12, 2000
Originally posted by: Anubis
Although it's been a while I pointed out your fallacy and asked you to inform me why those are fake with your evidences based on your knowledge of photography, you haven't done so.
Instead, what you have achived is calling me and other people names saying I and the others are schizophrenic enough to belive in those pictures when we told you that we, by any means, believe in those pictures are real.

Now, I ask you again, please backup your point with some vaild proof of evidencce.
Seeing you so mad and upset, you must have some clues, don't you?

On this photo for instance, the 1. lighting is off, 2. the focus is off, and the 3. distortion doesn't match the rest of the picture. 4. The object is too clear and focused to be very far away from the camera, especially when you note how the trees in the background are out of focus. 5.It looks like the camera tried to get both the bush in the front and the first layer of trees in the back in focus, so the focus is somewhere between them. This craft is supposed to be large, yet it looks like it's about 5 feet from the bush nearest the camera.

Also, the things sticking up from the UFO look as if they were blended into the background by Photoshop. It doesn't look right.

If you look at the trees, you'll see that they have direct sunlight on them. The object somehow doesn't have direct sunlight falling on it, although it's supposed to be in the sky. The object seems to have very even, diffused lighting which is out of place considering its supposed surroundings.

After all, it's good that you're being a civilized man.

About what you said, I wanted to point out:

1. I don't know what you mean by "lighting is off" so I won't comment on that.

2. The focus is everywhere because it's taken by a compact camera(even a cell phone)

3. I don't know how you can say that the distortion is off and doesn't match the rest of the picture. I can tell distortions of 50mm lens in close distance but on this one...I can't. Please explain more.

4. Good point however that picture was taken with a compact camera and from that distance the focus is everywhere(pan focus) no matter what aperture value is. It just can't be out of focus in that distance due to the mechanism of compact
cameras. Then why are those trees so blurry? Compact cameras have very terrible image quality on the corner area of the lens(even worse on cellphone cameras) (Even on Dslrs, this is one of the main reasons why people go for L lenses)

5. Look #2, 4

Now, what looks really convincing(Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying the picture is real because of this) is purple fringing looking quite natural. However, as I can't see 100% sized of the picture, I can't really tell it for sure.

actually these wernt taken by a Cell phone or a P&S camera, many other threads on many other forums have the full size pics up, they are from a DSLR, a Canon Rebel actually,

however that does not change the fact that they are fake

It would be interesting to know the supposed aperture and shutter these shots were taken to see if they realistically reflect the DOF shown in the photos.

I can't fully explain it, but some of these pictures look a little... off. Perhaps it's the fact that some of these photos are shooting into the daylight sky, occasionally with white clouds in the background, and we still manage to see the details of the "aircraft" rather than a silhouette. Looks photographically "incorrect" the same way some HDR images do.

Whatever. Maybe these photos are real, but I'm not convinced it's "alien" of any sort. The shots of the "alien" writing looks too cliche.

91TTZ

Lifer
Jan 31, 2005

I love how you start brown-nosing every anti-UFO comment on this thread. Looks like someone is avoiding reality.

Wow, you posted some really indisputable evidence from a scientific journal called "ufo digest".

I really like the other headlines listed at the bottom of the page such as "Iran Nukes Stalemate an Outrage...to Space Aliens"

I also like the other news articles listed on the left hand side of the page such as:
Ufo Sightings
Ufo Photos
Ufo Videos
Alien Abduction
Bermuda Triangle
Cryptozoology
Ghosts
Hollow Earth Theory
Holy Grail
Lost Civilizations

You, sir, are a loon of the highest order.

bignateyk

Lifer
Apr 22, 2002

LOLOLOL

LOL. Since when is an article on UFOdigest a credible source? Their "source" sounds like a fucking nutjob.

edit. hahahahahaha. i've been reading some of the other stuff on UFOdigest talking about "hollow earth theory", etc... All I have to say is you're a fucking idiot if you believe anything that is written on that site.

91TTZ

Lifer
Jan 31, 2005
Originally posted by: bignateyk

edit. hahahahahaha. i've been reading some of the other stuff on UFOdigest talking about "hollow earth theory", etc... All I have to say is you're a fucking idiot if you believe anything that is written on that site.

It's downright scary to consider the fact that some people read bogus articles like that and are entirely convinced. Some of the people even have a decent education. They're crazy, that's why. They're not stupid, they're just crazy.

I'm sure they could out-debate me on an in-depth conversation on subjects such as quantum physics, but they'd be just as likely to have an in-depth conversation with a parking meter on the subject.

Chubbz

Golden Member
Oct 2, 2001

LOLOLOL

LOL. Since when is an article on UFOdigest a credible source? Their "source" sounds like a fucking nutjob.

I didn't link to any other article but the one detailing the significance of multiple sightings for the same craft. Yes, some of the other articles are crazy, but as humans, we have to continue to use our imaginations to discover new things.

"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world."

-Albert Einstein

Chubbz

Golden Member
Oct 2, 2001

It's downright scary to consider the fact that some people read bogus articles like that and are entirely convinced. Some of the people even have a decent education. They're crazy, that's why. They're not stupid, they're just crazy.

I'm sure they could out-debate me on an in-depth conversation on subjects such as quantum physics, but they'd be just as likely to have an in-depth conversation with a parking meter on the subject.

Anybody who wants to study quantum physics, ufology, or any other controversial subject has BALLS, something you lack while you sit behind a computer mocking anyone who goes against the majority. You are a dime a dozen.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
I didn't link to any other article but the one detailing the significance of multiple sightings for the same craft. Yes, some of the other articles are crazy, but as humans, we have to continue to use our imaginations to discover new things.

"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world."

-Albert Einstein

LOL!

"multiple sightings"????!!!!

I could come up with the same things. A few ATOT buddies and we put in about 30 minutes of work. VOILA!

Multiple sightings.

91TTZ

Lifer
Jan 31, 2005

Anybody who wants to study quantum physics, ufology, or any other controversial subject has BALLS, something you lack while you sit behind a computer mocking anyone who goes against the majority. You are a dime a dozen.

No, the conspiracy theorists are a dime a dozen. And crazy.

PS- I still can't get over the fact that you look at these pictures and think they're real. LOL

91TTZ

Lifer
Jan 31, 2005

-Albert Einstein

Please don't compare your warped beliefs to anything Einstein did. Einstein published his works in peer-reviewed science journals. You cite "ufo digest". Big difference there.

cKGunslinger

Lifer
Nov 29, 1999

LOLOLOL

Holy Shit! You're actually serious?!? :confused:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004
Wow! :Q These guys need to be working for lucasarts. The design of those craft is especially creative. Looks like something right out of the newer star wars movie.