Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 1)
Bantamweight Brad Pickett vs. Iuri Alcântara
Bantamweight Davey Grant vs. Damian Stasiak
Welterweight Leon Edwards vs. Albert Tumenov
Lightweight Marc Diakiese def. Łukasz Sajewski
Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)
Welterweight Mike Perry def. Danny Roberts
Lightweight Leonardo Santos def. Adriano Martins

I know a bunch of people hate Bisping, but I hope he wins. The guy has grinded for a long time and finally got a shot and took it. The rest of the card is not the best, but that certainly never dictates how good the fights will be.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Fvck Bisping, but he should win easily.
I don't get why people hate the guy. He talks shit, but he seems like he's being real about it. Nothing he says feels fake or forced or for the hype. I love that he called out Yeol. That guy was banned for PEDs and, let's be real, he looks like he is juiced the fuck out.

The guy might be a dick, but so are other beloved fighters like the Diaz brothers and McGregor. The only difference is Bisping isn't at the top of the class in terms of ability. He has the belt now, but I think Rockhold and Wiedman are above him in terms of skills.

WaTaGuMp

Lifer
May 10, 2001
I don't get why people hate the guy. He talks shit, but he seems like he's being real about it. Nothing he says feels fake or forced or for the hype. I love that he called out Yeol. That guy was banned for PEDs and, let's be real, he looks like he is juiced the fuck out.

The guy might be a dick, but so are other beloved fighters like the Diaz brothers and McGregor. The only difference is Bisping isn't at the top of the class in terms of ability. He has the belt now, but I think Rockhold and Wiedman are above him in terms of skills.

He is a dick like you said, the Diaz a-holes, I feel the same way about. Conor, can be also, but he is doing it for promotion. I might get to a point where I feel the same about Conor, time will tell.

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
Bisping is polarizing, but he's a helluva proven fighter. Henderson on the other hand is an enigma, likely to lose at this stage/age, but still capable of beating anyone. I have to go with the odds and figure Bisping is going to win.

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
Vicious right. This is a slow plodding standup fight, which is not going to bode well for bisping if he allows Henderson to headhunt like that.

WaTaGuMp

Lifer
May 10, 2001
I say Bisping won, didn't win easily that's for sure, but I think the judges will give it to him.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
That fight was closer than I though it would be. But hendo didn't do enough. Hendo is tougher than a lot of people give him.

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
Very close, but no surprise on the decision. H-bomb almost got the knockout a couple times, but Bisping is tough.

Number1

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006
Never liked Bisping much but wow he has my respect after this fight.

Number1

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006
What do you mean?

That's pretty wack, to gain 19 ufc wins, against many top fighters (including his losses), plus hanging on from two devastating h-bombs to win a 20th, to just now finally get your "respect". lol ;)

Well whenever I think of Bisping this image comes to mind... Knocked out cold...LOL Ill admit i have not paying much attention to his career.
020614-UFC-henderson-bisping-LN-CQ.vadapt.980.high.93.jpg

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
It was a phenomenal knockout...7 years ago.
And two really clean right hands couldn't totally rock Bisping. Rewatching those rounds and the seeing analysis. He wasn't defenseless after each of those and didn't get totally dominated on the ground.