Ubisoft wants to improve relationship with PC community

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

mindcycle

Golden Member
Jan 9, 2008
My main beef with any of these is the fact I have to keep track of like 5 diferent online services just to play a fucking game. I have to log into Steam to play a game that also requires me to log into Uplay/Games For Windows/Whatever. So annoying, and on a personal security level, this is even more annoying when these services store my credit card information if I ever purchase any sort of DLCs.

Yeah, that's the exact reason I don't usually buy games that are going to be tied to Origin, Uplay, etc.. unless they're extremely cheap. I gave in with Steam because of their great sales, but even Steam is annoying sometimes. Its a time vs amount of frustration thing for me now as I just don't have a lot of time to play games to begin with. Waiting around for 10 mins for various things to login, update, load, etc.. just means less time I actually have to play the damn video game. I've been finding myself just playing my Xbox nowadays which is sad since i've always been a PC gamer at heart.

Last edited:

Jodell88

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2007
I'm one of the people burned with Ubisoft DRM. I had to get a cracked .exe just to play my games. They aren't getting any more money from me.