Ubisoft Humble Bundle

CuriousMike

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2001
I bought it last time it came around, then rage refunded it because of Ubisoft.
Now I just re-bought it. :)

fleshconsumed

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2002
Do I have to install UPlay client to access games like Far Cry 3 that have Uplay icon by them?

Replay

Golden Member
Aug 5, 2001
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, and Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, were the add-on games when the Ubisoft bundle was offered in Feb.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
I had paypal open to buy it when I realized it's only for uplay. It's a good deal though.

Still thinking about it.

That "Crew" game though, the forum says it's only good with the expansion pack that's not included in this deal and seems to cost as much as the game.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
That "Crew" game though, the forum says it's only good with the expansion pack that's not included in this deal and seems to cost as much as the game.
The Crew Wild Run version was on sale yesterday for $10 at amazon.

ibex333

Diamond Member
Mar 26, 2005
Ripoff. $75 just for Division is ridiculous.

The other games are either very old, or just not very good. So you're pretty much paying $75 for just Division.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Ripoff. $75 just for Division is ridiculous.

The other games are either very old, or just not very good. So you're pretty much paying $75 for just Division.
Um, the $15 tier will come with 10 decent games. That sounds like a pretty darn good deal where I'm from.

This deal is an encore deal so they probably should have revised the $75 tier price. The bundle was originally posted when Division was new or a pre-order. Also, when you buy a tier the lower tier games are included.

jimbob200521

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2005
Actually bought this bundle last night before I saw this thread, great deal for what you get for $15. Don't get all the uPlay hesitation, though; something I'm missing?

I had paypal open to buy it when I realized it's only for uplay. It's a good deal though.

Still thinking about it.

Not going to lie, that "Crew" game is the main reason why I bought this bundle. Been craving a racing game lately and I'm usually a NFS guy but the newest installment looks like crap. Hope this game isn't, crossing my fingers.

fleshconsumed

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2002
Actually bought this bundle last night before I saw this thread, great deal for what you get for $15. Don't get all the uPlay hesitation, though; something I'm missing?

Personally a) I don't trust all these platform installers not to install a rootkit in order to enforce the DRM, b) I don't want to have a client for every publishing house, i.e. steam/origins/uplay, c) some uplay games released as late as 2014 required always on internet connection to be able to play them - I do not want to support a company that saddles their customers with shitty restrictions like these.

jimbob200521

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2005
Personally a) I don't trust all these platform installers not to install a rootkit in order to enforce the DRM, b) I don't want to have a client for every publishing house, i.e. steam/origins/uplay, c) some uplay games released as late as 2014 required always on internet connection to be able to play them - I do not want to support a company that saddles their customers with shitty restrictions like these.

I understand those points, the biggest one for me there would be having to have an always on connection. That bugs the crap out of me; what if my internet goes down and I want to play a game? This is my first go around with uPlay so we'll see how it pans out. I have been using Steam for quite a while now and have no complaints, I think at least that one is pretty solid.

darkewaffle

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
I can't see it from work but imo any of Farcry 3/Blood Dragon/4 are worth the alleged "pain" of Uplay. That said it never posed a problem for me - just install client, install game, done. Those games are great and that's what matters most.

Elixer

Lifer
May 7, 2002
Um, the $15 tier will come with 10 decent games. That sounds like a pretty darn good deal where I'm from.

This deal is an encore deal so they probably should have revised the $75 tier price. The bundle was originally posted when Division was new or a pre-order. Also, when you buy a tier the lower tier games are included.

That is the problem with this deal, it is basically a repeat, with maybe 1 or 2 game changes.

It is really annoying when they do that.
For those that didn't get most of these games the first time, then, it still is pretty good. For the rest, not really.