Info Ubiquiti Wifi-6 Long Range AP now has RGB

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
Sigh... So i got my new long long waited Wifi-6 Long Range AP.

Ubiquiti has now officially fallen into the RGB fad.... the AP now features RGB for the halo ring.

ubntaprgb.png

aigomorla

Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
This is probably long overdue.
But here is the WiFi test on that AP.

ATT Fiber:
Phone: Note 20 Ultra

Screenshot_20210530-221901_WiFiman.jpg

The AP is in visual range about 10 feet from me mounted on the ceiling.
I think it can go faster, but Clouvider really sucks compared to Fast and Origin+Steam+Epic.

Ive actually had Origin kill my network downloading at 125MB/s allowing no one else on the internet. lol...

Reactions: ch33zw1z and SamirD

aigomorla

Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
Where did you find this for sale? My AC Pro bricked itself, so I was going to order this, but I can only find it on pre order.

Long long preorder line.... lol...
Now i hear they are close to impossible to get.
Ive actually had my IT techy friends offer double what i paid for it, wanting to steal it.

I am just glad i picked up two, as i see them not avail for a very very long time.

• Haha
Reactions: SamirD

SamirD

Golden Member
Jun 12, 2019
www.huntsvillecarscene.com

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
Long long preorder line.... lol...
Now i hear they are close to impossible to get.
Ive actually had my IT techy friends offer double what i paid for it, wanting to steal it.

I am just glad i picked up two, as i see them not avail for a very very long time.

I’m in that line now. lol.

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
It came today! I just configured it, but now I need to dial it in. It's so much better than my Fios router out of the box. I'm a bit miffed that it didn't come with a POE injector though.

Reactions: DaaQ

aigomorla

Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
It came today! I just configured it, but now I need to dial it in. It's so much better than my Fios router out of the box. I'm a bit miffed that it didn't come with a POE injector though.

because most people who use UB's AP have more then one, and typically it makes things a lot easier with a PoE switch.

aigomorla

Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
I'm thinking hard about getting some of their cameras.

lemme rub the magic 8 ball for ya...

ummm tells me your going to buy a UDM Pro soon, oh wait, thats not 8 ball, thats deja vu i am seeing with you before i ended up buying a UDM Pro for that exact reason.

I could be mistaken, but I think they abandoned their camera line.

they did and then resurrected it with a vengeance.
However its really expensive for something like a HikVision system which is way more polished, and i feel way more better, if you can just get past the ban they have on them in the US.

But i would probably only use the ub camera stuff on things that are really really important.

Muadib also second hand ubiquiti gear on ebay runs for pretty good discounted price.
Check there if you want to pick up some poe gear from ub and you do not require it to be new.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
lemme rub the magic 8 ball for ya...

ummm tells me your going to buy a UDM Pro soon, oh wait, thats not 8 ball, thats deja vu i am seeing with you before i ended up buying a UDM Pro for that exact reason.

Muadib also second hand ubiquiti gear on ebay runs for pretty good discounted price.
Check there if you want to pick up some poe gear from ub and you do not require it to be new.
You will have to let us know what you think about the UDM pro. My plan is to get the network stuff now, and get the cameras later. I ordered a 24 port POE switch earlier today. I don't do ebay much anymore, but I might sell my unmanaged switch on it.

DaaQ

Golden Member
Dec 8, 2018
It appears to only allow static color selection. I wouldn't consider that RGB in the sense of the grotesque RGB on everything fad.

This is more of a nice feature to allow you to match the halo ring to whatever your decor/atmosphere dictates.

If they have animated RGB sequences for you to make it flash, breathe, or cycle a rainbow......
I have mine at end of hallway, its a AC pro long range, so I get blue only, but it works good as a night light, not having to turn on hallway lights to go for a snack. Would be nice to be able to adjust colors.

DaaQ

Golden Member
Dec 8, 2018
Well I had the notify me when in stock selection optioned.

It has shipped, how much should I sell the LR AC Pro for? I have a guy at the end of my road needing an airbridge setup. So I can recoup some of the upgrade cost.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
lol... if you want a roadmap to where your addiction goes onto...

20210623-181045.jpg

yes that is a switch pro poe. :X
yes those oled screens are very pretty.

Are you using a UI SFP+ there? Or a different brand?

I want a switch, right now I'm using an old 8 port to expand my main vlan, but i get less nerd points for that :D

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
lol... if you want a roadmap to where your addiction goes onto...

20210623-181045.jpg

yes that is a switch pro poe. :X
yes those oled screens are very pretty.

I’m right there with you. My switch is defective. I’m waiting for the replacement, which should be here tomorrow. I just love those screens!

aigomorla

Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
Are you using a UI SFP+ there? Or a different brand?

I want a switch, right now I'm using an old 8 port to expand my main vlan, but i get less nerd points for that :D

im using an ipolex dac.

However i need to reset the switch and router to get the cable to pick up.
Once its picked it, its fine.
But it makes swaping cables a PITFA.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

aigomorla

Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
The enterprise edition of the switch is only 100 dollars more with 2.5gb ports.
It might be a better solution then the switch pro poe if you go that route.

I guess its up to if you really need those POE++ ports, which i sort of did as i moved all my secondary switchs on USW-FLEX w/ POE, so i no longer require any power lines directly to the POE switch after it leaves my Switch PRO.