U.S. Unemployment Rate Drop Leaves Out Blacks, Asians

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
OK, Here are my thoughts.

Looting, burning, killing and rioting are never OK regardless of who is doing it. I would also like to mention David Dorn who was killed during some looting. They should be arrested and prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

It is just that simple.
David Dorn's killer has been caught & charged. Fox News can rest easy.

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Please point out Exactly what was racist about my post. Be very specific.
This is part of your problem. Obviously YOU didn't think it was racist, or you likely wouldn't have said it, or at least not worded it quite like you did. Intention or not, jokes or not...you have to consider the 'optics/aurals' of your sentence and wording. Say it aloud. If that doesn't sound racist to you, then you are likely the minority with your opinion (and I don't mean just on these boards).

It doesn't work to say something brash and then put it on others as, "well their reaction is on them, because *I'M* not the racist...". Adding the 'you' preceding the "black people" comment is what makes it sound bad, imho. It's directing and targeting/singling an individual or group. I know it was your reply to HIS comment in-kind and intended as humor, but you have to acknowledge that in text with no tone and no body language, things often get mistaken and intentions twisted.

Just hoping to help you see it from the other side, so to speak...as silly or undeserved as you might feel it is...

Would sound the same as you stating, "...us white people are _______." versus someone of color saying it as, "YOU white people are ________." It just sounds bad and accusatory.

Last edited:

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005

So has Eric Garners Killers.

And what does that have to do with Fox News?

My mistake:

I meant to say George Floyd and not Eric Garner...

Last edited:

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
This is part of your problem. Obviously YOU didn't think it was racist, or you likely wouldn't have said it, or at least not worded it quite like you did. Intention or not, jokes or not...you have to consider the 'optics/aurals' of your sentence and wording. Say it aloud. If that doesn't sound racist to you, then you are likely the minority with your opinion (and I don't mean just on these boards).

It doesn't work to say something brash and then put it on others as, "well their reaction is on them, because *I'M* not the racist...". Adding the 'you' preceding the "black people" comment is what makes it sound bad, imho. It's directing and targeting/singling an individual or group. I know it was your reply to HIS comment in-kind and intended as humor, but you have to acknowledge that in text with no tone and no body language, things often get mistaken and intentions twisted.

Just hoping to help you see it from the other side, so to speak...as silly or undeserved as you might feel it is...

Would sound the same as you stating, "...us white people are _______." versus someone of color saying it as, "YOU white people are ________." It just sounds bad and accusatory.

Well I guess that is your opinion that you are entitled too.

I see no difference between saying " black People" and "you black people". There is nothing derogatory in either statement.

I guess I'm not as "woke" as all you super enlightened people.

Oh fuck would "you super enlightened people" be offended by that?

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
UNEMPLOYMENT NUMBERS LEAVE OUT MINORITIES ???

I guess THAT is where the fudging comes in.
Trump always accused Obama of fudging the employment numbers, so naturally if anyone knows how that works, Donald Trump definitely knows how that works. And, so he fudged. Donald Trump fudges to such an extent that he may put Grandma's Old Fashion Fudge Factory out of business.

• Haha
Reactions: Burpo and Pohemi

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Well I guess that is your opinion that you are entitled too.

I see no difference between saying " black People" and "you black people". There is nothing derogatory in either statement.

Oh fuck would "you super enlightened people" be offended by that?
No more offended then you goat fuckers would be?

• Haha
Reactions: pcgeek11

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
  • Haha
Reactions: pcgeek11 and Pohemi

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004

If you want to be an ancient shitbird stuck in some past era, I guess. Stupidity is stubborn.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
If you want to be an ancient shitbird stuck in some past era, I guess. Stupidity is stubborn.

You just described an average conservative. It's only social, not fiscal, and only about social issues they care about....which is most of them.

Reactions: Pohemi

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

The killer of Eric Garner was never charged. Obama DOJ started a case against the killer cop. That case was turned over to the the Barr DOJ. The panel working on the case recommended charges. Guess who overruled them?

Take one guess?

Reactions: Pohemi

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Fox news replies, "too ez"

I'm starting see that you aren't remembering the last posts you made.

I remember perfectly well the chain of the conversation. You obviously don't. See below.

Fox was running hard with the story.

Yes it is called the news. That part of the story need to be told too.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
The killer of Eric Garner was never charged. Obama DOJ started a case against the killer cop. That case was turned over to the the Barr DOJ. The panel working on the case recommended charges. Guess who overruled them?

Take one guess?

I edited my post above as I intended to say George Floyd and not Eric Garner.

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Better than some that think their ideas are better because they are allegedly "woke". Whatever the hell that is. :)
It's nothing but a lame GOP keyword, like "Benghazi" or "beta-male". You can act like it's a mystery word, but you're the ones always beating the dead horse with it. Maybe it simply means no longer trying to live a century in the past and cling to old ideals and social structures. Just a thought...not that you ever have any.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Fuck you, I'm a mere 65. :p

Come on and what?

Just following along with HIS Comment where he used the exact same sentiment.

" You should give us black people some credit for protesting for our lives."

Where I responded:

" I've never said anything against you black people protesting for your lives or any other injustice."

So it's OK for Homer to say black people, but I can't. That is silly, I didn't say anything derogatory or dismissive.

Everybody is just too fucking sensitive. Hell from the news that I've watched the protesters look almost balanced between White and Black people.

Or am I not allowed to say that either?

go back and look at what I bolded.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Where did I generically compare "good white people" vs us black people protesting for our lives?

When I said it looks nearly balanced between whites and blacks protesting? I didn't compare anything, I only made an observation of what I saw on the news.

Look, it is obvious you are going to be offended regardless of what I say.

I apologized for what you took as a snide comment. I refuse to kiss your ass.

I'm done with it.

"I apologize for you being offended."

Yeah, that always works.